Pearl Harbor visit on Dec 7th

Daver65

Earning My Ears
We are at Aulani Dec1-8 and were thinking of visiting Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th.... wise idea or will it be too crowded??

I went last year on Dec 6th thinking it would be wildly busy with the big anniversary the next day - it was not. However, the USS Arizona wasn't open yet from refurb. Maybe this year will be busier? Are you planning on trying to get a ticket 24 hours before, showing up at 7am for the line, or showing up later in the day? If you can get a guaranteed ticket, then I wouldn't worry about the level of crowds as it is a very wide open area that can handle large crowds.

I went last year on Dec 6th thinking it would be wildly busy with the big anniversary the next day - it was not. However, the USS Arizona wasn't open yet from refurb. Maybe this year will be busier? Are you planning on trying to get a ticket 24 hours before, showing up at 7am for the line, or showing up later in the day? If you can get a guaranteed ticket, then I wouldn't worry about the level of crowds as it is a very wide open area that can handle large crowds.
Thanks a lot!

Hey all - I am having a hard time trying to figure out when my 60 day window opens. Planning to go Jan 12. Would it be Nov 13 or 14th?

The area inside the complex is large but the parking lot is not. That would be my only concern on that day. I’d say arrive early; there’s really no other adjacent parking options if that lot is full.

We'll be there over Dec. 7 as well. I tried to get tickets for Dec. 7 and nothing was available, so we will not attempt it. We do have tickets for Dec. 6.

Since this year Dec. 7 is a Saturday, I imagine it will be very busy. We went on a regular Saturday end of October last month and it was busy, but not overwhelmingly so.

The Navy and survivors usually hold commemorative ceremonies on Dec 7th so while the visitors center and museum are open access to the memorial is probably quiet limited. I would most likely choose another day to visit unless you are a part of those commemorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!