Pearl Harbor questions...

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by dis2cruise, Aug 5, 2018.

1. dis2cruise

dis2cruise Long Island, NY

I just looked at their website tickets are only for later afternoon we were hoping for a.m. tickets so can we do...

1. Do an early Morning arrival hoping for tickets?

2. What’s the charge for them?

2. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

Aloha! I believe the buy ahead tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial were about $1.50. Not sure if the "day of" prices vary from this. I DO know that if you want morning, you need to be lined up EARLY as lots of other folks will be. There will be a limited number of tickets available on the day of and they go FAST, especially for morning times.

I would go to the national parks website to check out info for same day ticketing:

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage...arbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dis2cruise

Thanks a bunch

southerngirl528 likes this.
  5. southerngirl528

Of course! :cutie:

6. buffettgirl

buffettgirl The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.

tickets are actually free in person. You're only paying for a service charge online. :)
    Don't know when you're going though, but the arizona is currently closed.

southerngirl528 likes this.
  7. kyton

kyton Mouseketeer

Arizona is closed as in you cannot step foot on it however they are still showing the documentary before taking out people on the water and driving around it. Some have reported having a running commentary from the staff however this seems to depend on who is manning the boat.

The fee is only for online bookings. They release one lot of tickets 60 days out then another lot 24hrs out. These tickets are for sessions after 11am. You can line up in person on the day - they open the ticket booths from 7am.

In April my son and I arrived at 7.04am and were approx 200th in line. Upon reaching the booth we rec’d tickets for the 7.45am session.

We then purchased tickets to the Bowfin, Mighty Mo and Pacific Aviation Museum which was around $105 for the 2 of us. We went to all the sites only speedily visiting the Bowfin and it still took us close to 8hrs (please note we love history and will read as many notes as possible so you may be quicker).

8. dis2cruise

I’m going towards the end of September

9. southerngirl528

This is correct! Thanks for that, buffettgirl and kyton!!! :flower2:

10. southerngirl528

It is correct that the USS Arizona Memorial is closed to people actually getting onto the memorial. They've had some sort of issue with where the steps to offload and load the boats meet the memorial itself, and it apparently is quite a conundrum to the engineers as to HOW to properly fix it.

As PP have said, you will still see the film as you would if the memorial was open as usual, and this film was staggering. You could have heard a pin drop in the theatre when we saw it a couple of years back. VERY moving, and had a lot of footage that I had never seen before and I am a bit of a history buff.

I think even a "drive by" is a good thing, and hopefully everyone here will have a narrator onboard. I know when the memorial was open, it was young Navy sailors that operated the boats and there was no talking. But truthfully after seeing that film, no one was chatty.

11. FoundMyPrince

FoundMyPrince DIS Veteran

When at Pearl Harbor last week, I asked how early is "early" to be in line for tickets. I was told 6:30am to be in line. Tickets start disbursing at 7:00am and tours begins at 7:30am. There are 1300 tickets for the Arizona given out each day. They are free, but you can reserve them on line for a small fee.