Peanutbutter and Jelly Pizza from Chef Mickey's recipe

cinmell

DIS Veteran
I put this on the CB earlier but I probably should have put it here:

I've been looking for a recipe for peanutbutter and jelly pizza from Chef Mickey's. I can't remember what it was like. Has anyone tried to make this and if so, how did you make it? Was it actually on cooked dough then you put the pb&j on it or was it just on some kind of bread?

Another poster suggested the recipe may be in the Disney Magazine from the Reader's Poll edition from 2 issues ago but we must have thrown it away :eek: !

Thanks in advance!

I already posted this on the CB board, but here it is again.

It's the summer 2004 issue and it's from Goofy's Kitchen not Chef Mickey's, but I assume it would be the same recipe.

It was in the Spring 2004 issue.

Goofy's Peanut Butter & Jelly Pizza
Goofy's Kitchen, Disneyland

¼ oz quick-rising yeast
1½ tsp light brown sugar
2 c bread flour, plus extra for kneading
1 tsp kosher salt
2 Tbl olive oil
1 to 1½ c peanut butter
1 c grape jelly
clean squeeze bottle

Combine yeast, sugar & 1 cup of flour. Stir in 1 cup warm water & let mixture stand for 10 min. Add salt, oil & 2nd cup of flour. Stir until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Turn dough onto a floured surface & knead 5 min, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking. Divide into 3 balls. Place the balls on a floured surface, cover with dish towel & let rest 10 to 15 min.

Preheat oven to 350. Flatten each dough ball into an 8” – 10” round with a slight rim, formed by pinching the sides up. Place rounds onto a lightly oiled baking sheet & bake until golden brown - ~10 min.

Remove the pies from the oven & cover each with peanut butter. Put jelly & 3 Tablespoons of water into a clean squeeze bottle & shake until smooth. Start in the center of the pizza & create a spiral of jelly. Drag a toothpick from the middle of the pie to the edges to create a flared (or starburst) pattern.
Repeat on other pies. Serve warm. Makes 3.

Originally posted by dmfuru
I already posted this on the CB board, but here it is again.

It's the summer 2004 issue and it's from Goofy's Kitchen not Chef Mickey's, but I assume it would be the same recipe.

Unfortunately I don't have that issue but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Thanks for the posting the recipe piratesmate, I appreciate it! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter