Peanut butter sauce for sundaes

Sister Scoop Disney

Mouseketeer
We love the peanut bUtter sauce that is served at Friendly's ice cream chain............ Is there any peanut butter sauce like this found in the "world"?

Hi,

I've not been to a Friendly's as I am in Canada and I don't think we have them here. But you might like this in Disney...

Beaches and Cream - Beach Club Resort - No Way Jose - a peanut butter and fudge delight with chocolate and vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate morsels, whipped cream and a cherry $7.99

Like Taryn said, it is on the 'No Way Jose', which is really great. I am a big PB fan also, and have not found it anywhere else at WDW. There is no pb topping at Ghiradelli's at all, none at the soft serve places. MK might have some at their ice cream parlor, but the line is always so long that I don't go there.

Several years ago we moved from an area of the country that had Friendly's. One thing we miss most is that peanut butter sauce and the Reese's Pieces Sundae. Believe me, I've looked-haven't found it anywhere, but now I can't wait to try the No Way Jose sundae!

You know... Friendly's sells thier Hot Fudge, and Caramel toppings, but they never sell thier Peanut Butter topping... Grr...

I used to LOVE thier PB Cup Sundae... they used to have Peanut Butter Fudge ice cream that you could get it with... *drool* I'm hungry now!!! LOL

As for Beaches 'n Cream... I've had the No Way Jose... and it is most delicious... however, I prefer the Friendly's version. Now if only Friendly's wasn't a half hour away! *pout*

Do you guys have any of those "mix in " ice cream places?
Here in California we have a place called Cold Stone Creamery.

I love to get their peanut butter ice cream, mixed with peanut butter cups, and peanut butter(not sauce, just peanut butter).

Really gives me a great peanut butter rush.
Yum.
~Tina

I don't really like peanut butter, but after I read this thread the other day I was looking at some recipes and found one for Friendly's Peanut Sauce. Thought you might be interested!

Friendly's Peanut Sauce

Ingredients:
2 parts sugar
1 part water
1 part peanut butter

Preparation:
In a saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil and boil for one
minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in peanut
butter. Place sauce in blender and blend on high until smooth. Allow to cool. If there are leftovers, be sure to refrigerate.

Thanks lovesbug!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, we just got back from Friendly's and thouroughly enjoyed their Peanut Butter sundae! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! The recipe will come in handy................ Much love from Sister Scoop Disney!

Originally posted by tinagirl
Do you guys have any of those "mix in " ice cream places?

Across from Downtown Disney is a place called the Marble Slab Creamery that does that... yummmy

And thanks lovespugs for the PB sauce mix!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter