Pc Optimum - check your points balance!

Silvermist999

DIS Veteran
I just tried to check my points balance and it made me log in again.
My points balance is wiped out!!
Anyone else have this happen?

So after I tried to check my balance again, I couldn’t log into the app or the website. So I called them up, apparently it’s a technical issue they are having. She checked my balance on their end, and everything is ok!

Ok now back to work....hope this helps someone!

Yes it must have been a glitch because I got the email about my loaded offers but when I went to the app it said all my offers were expired. I just checked now and my new offers are loaded.

just checked my account and everything looks okay—no missing points, no expired offers. glitch must be okay now.

and yes, you can use rewards at shoppers. unless it’s a store specific one.

Be very careful to keep an eye on your account and change your password every so often. There have been problems in the past with points being stolen. The issue was so wide spread that it made the news. It happened to me and it was a very long, frustrating ordeal to get them restored.

I would recommend that you not allow your points to build up. Redeem them on a regular basis.

Be very careful to keep an eye on your account and change your password every so often. There have been problems in the past with points being stolen. The issue was so wide spread that it made the news. It happened to me and it was a very long, frustrating ordeal to get them restored.

I would recommend that you not allow your points to build up. Redeem them on a regular basis.

I'm still pretty new to PC Optimum points, so I'm learning lots. Is it true that there are events where you get a bonus? Like, instead of redeeming 50,000 points for 50$, you can redeem them for 60$? Does anyone have any details about those sorts of events? I'm wondering if I should save to a particular threshold so I'm ready if an event happens. And how often those sorts of events happen?

I'm still pretty new to PC Optimum points, so I'm learning lots. Is it true that there are events where you get a bonus? Like, instead of redeeming 50,000 points for 50$, you can redeem them for 60$? Does anyone have any details about those sorts of events? I'm wondering if I should save to a particular threshold so I'm ready if an event happens. And how often those sorts of events happen?
Only Shoppers has bonus redemption. They do if fairly often....maybe every couple of months. I accrue points from groceries at RCSS mainly.....my DD is a manager so I get a discount. I hardly ever go to Shoppers. When they have bonus redemption the best offer is at the highest level. That is usually around 200K. IMO, unless you buy a lot from a place like Shoppers you are better off using your points in the grocery store. That said if you want to purchase something expensive like a camera, for example, and you have the points to do a bonus redemption then it would be worth while to go to Shoppers.

Grocery store points come from instore offers and loaded offers. A large majority are from the loaded offers. The PC mastercard is also a great source of points.

Only Shoppers has bonus redemption. They do if fairly often....maybe every couple of months. I accrue points from groceries at RCSS mainly.....my DD is a manager so I get a discount. I hardly ever go to Shoppers. When they have bonus redemption the best offer is at the highest level. That is usually around 200K. IMO, unless you buy a lot from a place like Shoppers you are better off using your points in the grocery store. That said if you want to purchase something expensive like a camera, for example, and you have the points to do a bonus redemption then it would be worth while to go to Shoppers.

Grocery store points come from instore offers and loaded offers. A large majority are from the loaded offers. The PC mastercard is also a great source of points.

thanks for all the detail! i love this site—such a wealth of information!

We had the exact opposite happen to our PC Optimum card when PC+ points merged with PC Optimum. The point of sale station at No Frills crashed during the transfer of points from the old PC Plus card over to the PC Optimum. After the cashier turned her station off/on, we'd gained about 80,000 points. The old card showed deactivated. No idea where those points were miracled from, but we used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter