Payment options?

HeatherLassell

DIS Veteran
I called the disney phone# but the agent I got was kinda pushy so I just got off the phone. I said I was just calling for information but he seemed to be trying to get me to book. "Its only a $200 deposit. I can help you book that right now"

Anyways. Off topic. He did tell me that not only could I use a credit card to make the payments but that I could use my DEBIT CARD. I asked if you get an account number and that's how you pay and I don't really feel like I know anymore than I did before I called. Lol. That's a little frustrating.

Has anyone made payments with through their bank account?

~Heather~

CIBC Advantage Debit Card (the one with the VISA logo), yes... any other Canadian debit card, no.

Ah good to know. He just kept rushing me I think he was expecting me to book. I am with Credit Union and usually nothing works with it. Not sure I want to open a new bank account just to make payments....grrr. I don't really want to have to put money on my card, wait for it to be received, and then call Disney.

In the states they have Visa and Mastercard debit cards that can be used as credit card but link to their bank accounts too. I know people on DisBoards are convinced they don't have sales goals at Disney reservations but I seriously doubt it. They'd be like the only holtel reservations company that doesn't have sales goals.

In the states they have Visa and Mastercard debit cards that can be used as credit card but link to their bank accounts too. I know people on DisBoards are convinced they don't have sales goals at Disney reservations but I seriously doubt it. They'd be like the only holtel reservations company that doesn't have sales goals.

Yeah I doubt it. He was really like rushing me when I was asking him questions and twice came back to a statement like "It's really easy I can book it for you right now" or "It's just a $200 deposit I can do that for you right now" Even when I specifically stated that I was just calling to ask some questions.

I want to book soon but I'm so confused about the whole thing and it's such a big decision I don't want to get it wrong.

Yeah I doubt it. He was really like rushing me when I was asking him questions and twice came back to a statement like "It's really easy I can book it for you right now" or "It's just a $200 deposit I can do that for you right now" Even when I specifically stated that I was just calling to ask some questions.

I want to book soon but I'm so confused about the whole thing and it's such a big decision I don't want to get it wrong.

They have sales quotas to meet. Too bad they don't just have a questions line. It's reservations, dining or nothing.

But back to topic - yep, credit card is pretty much the only way Canadians can go. There was a thread about someone who sent a money order and it got lost. That post alone re-affirms my Mastercard or Visa only option.

They have sales quotas to meet. Too bad they don't just have a questions line. It's reservations, dining or nothing.

But back to topic - yep, credit card is pretty much the only way Canadians can go. There was a thread about someone who sent a money order and it got lost. That post alone re-affirms my Mastercard or Visa only option.

Yeah I have actually got my questions answered better by clicking on the "CHAT" and talking to a Disney rep that way.

I just sent $600 to my CC which (as soon as they receive it) I will turn around and pay the deposit and finally book my trip! I'm soooooo excited!!! :cheer2:

If you want an faster way to pay for Disney, and not have to wait for your CC payment to go through...we use a Money mart CC, its a mastercard, that cost $20 for the inital fee you could load it and have money on that instantly!
Nice to see another Manitoban on DIsboards!

This time around I sent a money order to save the fees on my visa. I received an email confirmation from Disney about 10 days later advising they received my payment.

If you want an faster way to pay for Disney, and not have to wait for your CC payment to go through...we use a Money mart CC, its a mastercard, that cost $20 for the inital fee you could load it and have money on that instantly!
Nice to see another Manitoban on DIsboards!

Thanks for the info! :). I will probably just do it this way because then I'm building my credit score by using and immediately paying off my cc each time! :)

It is cool to meet another MB'er! First one I met offered to get my kids park maps when she goes in Spring! :). So cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!