Paying with gift card bought at Target

Can anyone tell me how to pay online? I have searched and searched and can't find anything. Is this maybe only available if you have a package? Since we have APs, I do room only ressies so maybe that is the problem?

I had 5 cards and gave up on figuring out the website and called in to use them. The castmember was great and I hadn't told her they were from Target and SHE told ME that I should get them there & about the extra 5%! She also said that you can NOT use them at check in at the resort - is that correct? It seems unlikely that Disney would not accept their own gift cards at their resorts...

She is definitely wrong. I used them at check in on our room only reservation in November. Maybe she meant on a package since that has to be paid for 45 days in advance. I applied 2 more gift cards to our room charges after we switched to the package portion of our trip.

Definitely hold on to the gift cards because if you cancel, or rebook at a lesser amount, any credits would need to be refunded to the original gift card. If you are okay with the part of canceling your trip and not getting your money back, but having the gift cards for future use, then it's a good deal. I bought gift cards at my local Giant Eagle grocery store for fuel perks. They actually sell the cards in denominations of $25 - $500, which made payment a lot easier.

Definitely hold on to the gift cards because if you cancel, or rebook at a lesser amount, any credits would need to be refunded to the original gift card. If you are okay with the part of canceling your trip and not getting your money back, but having the gift cards for future use, then it's a good deal. I bought gift cards at my local Giant Eagle grocery store for fuel perks. They actually sell the cards in denominations of $25 - $500, which made payment a lot easier.

That's what I did. I bought the $500 cards at Giant Eagle when they were offering double fuel perks points on gift card purchases. They seem to offer it around Christmas shopping time in October, November, and December each year. Even though I didn't see the instant percent-off savings at the checkout, I did see a lot of savings when I was able to fill up my gas tank for free 10 or 12 times. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but the store near me lets us fill up both cars at the pump using the same fuel perks. So those 10 to 12 free fill ups we got were multiplied by 2 cars. I know Kroger has a set number of gallons (maybe 20 or 30?) per fill up, but Giant Eagle did not cut us off and the attendant said we could fill up both cars. When we bought gift cards for our last WDW trip we didn't pay for gas for either car for 3 months.

I bought 130 Disney GC from Target with my Target debit card and my pharmacy reward card and saved $650.00!!:cool1::cheer2::banana::banana:

I'm surprised the Target benefit applies to gift cards. I'll definitely pick some up before my next trip - at least for shopping, etc.

I'm surprised the Target benefit applies to gift cards. I'll definitely pick some up before my next trip - at least for shopping, etc.

They work on the Disney cards because Disney cards are not considered "gift cards" they are considered "Entertainment Cards".

cmdg said:
Their website says receive 5% off a day of Target shopping after filling five eligible prescriptions. I wish I had 5 to fill!

I use this trick too....I even had the doc change DS's script to 30 days instead of 90 days at a time....that's 12 scripts in a year instead of 4! It is one of those $4 scripts, and would be $10 for 90 days...so I spend $8 a year more, but save way more than that with the extra 5%, whether it is for Disney gift cards, Christmas gifts, or just regular old everyday stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter