Paying off DVC mortgage with a credit card?

Zach Levon

Earning My Ears
Hello DVC experts. I am paying off my Disney mortgage and I have the cash BUT I want to use my credit card to get the points. Is this allowed?

I'm thinking you can pay with CC, but try asking on one of the DVC boards here on the Dis.:)

I called and asked them the same question, for the CC rewards. The answer I got was no, I could not pay of my balance with a CC. I was not surprised by that answer, but I was surprised when I went on the DVC website and saw you could make extra loan payments with a CC. I have been doing that.

I called and asked them the same question, for the CC rewards. The answer I got was no, I could not pay of my balance with a CC. I was not surprised by that answer, but I was surprised when I went on the DVC website and saw you could make extra loan payments with a CC. I have been doing that.

Sounds like you could simply make multiple frequent extra payments until it was paid off!

Hello DVC experts. I am paying off my Disney mortgage and I have the cash BUT I want to use my credit card to get the points. Is this allowed?

I did in the summer of 2017. We bought 3 contacts for AKV Jambo House for 25 points each. I paid them all off with 3 different cards to get United, Hilton and Disney rewards.

I did it a number of years ago. I was selling numerous contracts, and I still owed roughly $50k on them. I knew I would have the check from the buyer before I needed to pay the card.
The timing was perfect.... there was a 5% promotional money back on the card for all things Disney.
Pocketed an extra $2500.

I make my monthly mortgage payment each month with my Disney Visa. To me paying it off with it shouldn’t be any different.

I did the same with a direct purchase and got double points since it was considered a "vacation".

This is what happened for my wife and I. Our DVC loan payments on our credit card were labeled as “travel.”

Back in 2015 when we first bought, DVC allowed you to make your recurring monthly payment with a credit card. When we added on in 2018, it was only the “additional payment” option. Same result though.

Back in 2015 when we first bought, DVC allowed you to make your recurring monthly payment with a credit card.

I bought in 2009 and that wasn’t allowed. It was directly taken from checking until we paid it off (with a cc as an additional payment) in 2016. So I’m confused.

I bought in 2009 and that wasn’t allowed. It was directly taken from checking until we paid it off (with a cc as an additional payment) in 2016. So I’m confused.

I went back and double checked and you’re right. What I was able to do then what I couldn‘t do now is make a credit card payment before my monthly payment and it would apply the credit card payment to the monthly payment and not take the recurring monthly payment out of my checking account. I paid my entire DVC loan on credit card and then paid off my card for the points.

Does this count if you don't have the automatic monthly payment activated? I bought in Aug 2017, and have been using my Disney Visa to pay my monthly payments ever since then. (Only use the monthly payment for my dues currently.)

I use my non-disney CC to pay for our loan through Disney and it does allow me to pay off the balance with the card.

I imagine there are tricky ways to do this even if the bank says No (cash advance, etc..). Bravo for having the cash for a quick turnaround.

Somewhat related... I did a small add-on recently with '6 month no interest' on our Disney Visa. DVC Rep. pushed me over the edge with it. The jerk! j/k... It worked out nicely.

DVC loan payment and dues were previously taken out of our checking since 2014. Was easily able to put the lump sum charge on my Disney visa card last year online. As soon as the charge showed on my card I paid it off and got quite a few rewards dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!