Paying for 9!! Need cheapest tix I can find!!

poohterbear

Gone Disney Crazy
Does anyone know where I can get cheap tix? My sister and I were planning a trip in August for her family and mine a total of 9. Well, due to financial reasons she had to back out. Well, I think I can swing it to treat them if I can find some super cheap tix. We would want 7day tix with park hoppers for 7 adults and 2 children. Can anyone offer some advice or point me in the right direction??

Thank you in advance!!! :flower:

The links from the mouseavers newsletter are usually the best prices. A 7 day non-hopper is just under $200 and it's about $35 extra to make it a hopper.

If you're trying to save money don't buy the hopper tickets. You can go to AK once and every other park twice. I don't know how long you'll be down but you can buy a 10 day non-hopper ticket for less than a 7 day hopper.

You could buy DQ tickets for some of your party (21 A 19 C) with some of the money you'd be saving by skipping the hopper tickets.

Thanks for the bump and the advice!

We will be there for 8days. But only plan to visit the park for 7 of those. I think we will need a day of rest and dont plan to visit on our arrival day. I just signed up for the Mousesavers newsletter a few days ago. Im new to this site as well. Is it possible for you to PM me the link? Or is that rude to ask? Im learning very quickly that this board is invaluable!! The tips I have found are terrific!! And everyone is most helpful.

I cant wait till August!!! :cool1:

i normally use ticketmania.com but undercovertourist.com seems to be putting out some good prices also, so i will be going between the two they both offer free shipping

We are doing it 8 days with 7 day tickets. Not to save money we just decided one park a day was enough since we had 7 days there.

I have been researching for months now and AAA is the best deal......7 day park hopper 228.00 and 190 for kids

Donna- that is an excellent price. Do you have to call for that priice or can you get them online?
Edited: my AAA (MD) doesn't come close to that price.

Donna, that is a great price!! I have been considering applying for a AAA membership. The money I save on the tix with their discount would almost pay for my membership. LOL!

Ive also considered buying an AP to help with some discounts.

What state are you in, anyone a FL resident? You can get a seasonal pass (depending on your trip time) and save money that way and use it for discounts. If you buy an AP I think you can buy a child's AP and still get discounts.

:confused3

Im in CT. We may be taking another trip next year around August so Im wondering if buying an AP will benefit me on our next trip as well. Im sure it will. If we are able to pull the trip together. The stress of this one is about to make me cancel!! :crazy: I cannot even count the amount of times the plans have changed. Trying to convince my BIL that we "want" to pay for this trip is like taking candy from a 2 yo. Its just not happening!! :sad:

AAA in NY is offering a 5 day hopper for 224.82, not a great price.

If you're ordering from AAA by mail make sure you include any shipping and handling charges.

I'd still drop park hopping if I was trying to save money.

poohterbear said:
:confused3

Im in CT. We may be taking another trip next year around August so Im wondering if buying an AP will benefit me on our next trip as well. Im sure it will. If we are able to pull the trip together. The stress of this one is about to make me cancel!! :crazy: I cannot even count the amount of times the plans have changed. Trying to convince my BIL that we "want" to pay for this trip is like taking candy from a 2 yo. Its just not happening!! :sad:

Where are you planning on staying? If you rent a house or condo (skyauction) you might tell them you got a deal on the house so they can stay for free. Maybe have them pay for breakfast food.

Hey Lewisc, I have been looking at renting a house. Which is also giving me a headache. LOL! So far I have looked at houses from All Star and several other websites. From what I have found so far I can rent a home for the same price (some cases less) as I wouldve paid for a moderate at POR. That is where we were planning on staying originally. And still might if they dont go with us. So basically they will be staying for free. All I asked from my sister was to pay for her travel expenses; she lives in PA, and to help out with food at the house. So really all Im paying for are the tix for her family. And I can probably help her out with food and travel if need be. As far as the hoppers go I really like the flexibility of them. The girls (1 mine, 4 hers) are ages 13,12,11,9 and 7. I know the little ones will enjoy the MK more than the other parks so we will probably spend 2 days there. The older girls will really like Epcot but I dont imagine we will spend more than a day there. But we also plan on going back to the house for lunches and resting, maybe a quick dip in the pool. And then back to the parks in the evening. I just thought it may be nice to hop parks if one was busy or maybe a trip back for souvineers or a parade or light show that we may have missed. They arent a necessity but if I can afford to get them I will. :goodvibes

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions!!

poohterbear said:
I just thought it may be nice to hop parks if one was busy or maybe a trip back for souvineers or a parade or light show that we may have missed. They arent a necessity but if I can afford to get them I will. :goodvibes

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions!!

How about buying some souvineers of of ebay or from the Disney Store before you go to save some $$$. Might be nice to have something for everybody ahead of time that will keep you from spending a fortune in the parks. I've seen several auctions for multiple items from the parks (light chasers, etc.) that would save you tons of $$$!

Since you will have a couple of days for each park, I would save the money from the park hoppers and use it towards your food budget or something else.

This is a wonderful thing for yo to do for your family. I hope you can pull it off :wizard:

I can't really help you with the tickets but if you do decide to go with APs for your family, you can get DDE (Disney Dining Experience) card for $50. This card gives 20% off (up to 10 people on the same check) at selected restaurants and there are quite a few restaurants. Here's a link with more info on the DDE http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

KristiKelly, thanks! I had heard about the DDE. I guess its time to pull out the pad and paper again and see how much I would be saving by buying the AP and the DDE. Whew!! I know they will come in handy for the next trip for sure, I just want to be sure it will be worth it to spend the extra for this trip!! And hopefully Im still sane after all of this!! Im gonna need a vacation from my vacation!! :rotfl2:

HayGan, that is a good idea too! That would be fun for the little ones to have some light chasers or something fun like that. Im sure the older three will want something a bit different. Maybe a purse or something like that from Epcot. But they also have their own money to spend on souvineers, Im not too worried about them. Thanks for the compliment. ;) Its really because Im selfish and want them to come for my benefit!! LOL!!

Back to the drawing board. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts