paying @ food & wine festival?

hAm53

hi!!!
can i use my key to the kingdom card to pay for food at the booths of the food & wine festival? i don't really wanna be bothered worrying about getting the correct change while munching on all that great grub.

Yes you can, room key, charge cards or cash.

Very easy..very fast.

Enjoy!

that is all we do. we rarely use cash or check/credit cards. as a matter of fact, we lock them up in the room safe, and just take our room cards with us.

if it happens, i would much rather lose a room key, and be re-issued a new one, than have to worry about losing cash, or having to have our credit cards cancelled because they got lost in the park or on a ride.

good luck!

jen
:earsgirl:

Though the booths all take credit cards and room keys, please, PLEASE use cash as much as you can. It helps the lines go much faster. It was really frustrating standing in the hot sun waiting for the cards to be swiped and approved and signed. Just my humble opinion. We tried to pay with small bills and change.... things are often 2.50, 4.50, etc. so having quarters with you as well as ones and fives REALLY help move the lines along.

Most lines were relatively short for a weekday, but popular ones like Canada, New England, Italy and China had waits of 10 minutes or more.

We also saw people using travelers checks.

Holly

I've found that Five's work really well. With most offerings being $1.00 - 4.00, and people generally get a food sampling and a wine sampling.........it generally adds up and Five's and even Ten's seem to work well. :D

Credit cards do not take long at all...please use them without any worries. Everyone else will be. Carrying all that extra cash around is crazy.

I am glad I saw this thread. I was worrying about carrying around a bunch of "dirty" $5 bills.

I am glad to know I can use my room key card. Much more sanitary and quicker IMO.

I was thinking about using my rewards card as it would be easier. Would they need to be signed as a credit card would? I am thinking not which would make it much easier to be able to eat more. LOL

SG/Linda

Originally posted by Ted and Holly
Though the booths all take credit cards and room keys, please, PLEASE use cash as much as you can. It helps the lines go much faster. It was really frustrating standing in the hot sun waiting for the cards to be swiped and approved and signed.
I'll be using my card and rewards cards. Sorry if you have to wait, but there is a reason they allow them.....it makes sense.

Originally posted by SlightlyGoofy
I was thinking about using my rewards card as it would be easier. Would they need to be signed as a credit card would? I am thinking not which would make it much easier to be able to eat more. LOL

SG/Linda

If you stay onsite just use your rewards card as your guarantee card when you check in. Then you leave your card behind locked up safely and bring your room key with charging privlidges and your good to go!!

TJ

TJ, what I am wondering is that since the Rewards card is a debit card might I not have to sign when using it which would make things go quicker than having to sign for using a credit card or the room key?

Thanks for the help.

SG/Linda

keep an eye on your charges when you get your next statement if you use a credit card or room charge at the booths. There were some DIS'ers who had trouble last year with double billing and such. Keep your receipts.

agreeing with ted&holly.........this happened to us last year. we used our room key to charge at all the booths. upon checkout we noticed that we had been double charged for every purchase at the f&w festival. we were refunded our money after speaking to guest services over the phone. i believe that they had actually transferred us to another dept for resolution of the problem.

i would suggest not waiting until checkout to see if you are being double charged though. we had a week's worth of charges to go over on the phone with the disney cm to be corrected.

also.....i remember from last year they had a hard time with those swiping machines.........be especially wary if they swipe your card more than once.

I used my room charge last year. Yes, sometimes it took longer than it should have, but I really wanted to track how much I spent.

I neglected to go over my folio at check out. I know, not a good idea, I should know, I work in a hotel. But, my point in writing this, is Disney went over my bill at some point and sent me a check for the double charhed amount. I was pleasantly surprised.

Deb

Originally posted by Ted and Holly
keep an eye on your charges when you get your next statement if you use a credit card or room charge at the booths. There were some DIS'ers who had trouble last year with double billing and such. Keep your receipts.
Yes, we were among those who saw double charges at F&W booths. Some we caught at check-out; these were quickly corrected. There was a "late" $7 charge to our credit card after we had arrived home. By the time it showed up, I had shredded all my receipts, so I let it go. Along about February this year, we received a check from Disney for $7. They had audited the F&W booth sales and detected the duplicate charges. Others on this board also reported getting reimbursed for such mistakes.

That said, I expect that the system will function much better this year than last, since there must have been considerable effort involved in getting all this straightened out last year. I think the process will work faster as well. I would not hesitate to use my KTTW card again.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter