Pay for soda card?

adventure_woman

DIS Veteran
Did I read somewhere that you can pay $5 a day and get unlimited sodas at the bars (instead of paying by the glass?).

DCL does not have soda cards at this time. Soft drinks are free at the Deck 9 Beverage station and in all restaurants. Getting it from room service, a bar or one of the roving beverage folks will cost ya.

For the past several years DCL has had complimentary soda as mentioned above.....before that they did sell a refillable mug for soda that you paid for....if I can remember you paid not by the day, but by the length of the cruise....but no matter as the only time you would pay for soda onboard now is if you ordered through a pool server, bartender or through room service.

There is a beverage area on Deck 9 for the Magic and Wonder which has soda (coke products), Hi-c, lemonade/iced tea, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, ice water, milk, cups, straws, lids, stirrers (all is complimentary).

MJ

Thank you. Does anyone know if this will also be the case for the Dream or are we all still waiting. Thank you.

Thank you. Does anyone know if this will also be the case for the Dream or are we all still waiting. Thank you.

I would assume that it will be for the Dream as well....can't see them with different policies on different ships.

MJ

I think you may have heard about other lines, e.i. Carnival, that sells drink cards.

Are you allowed to bring a refillable mug like from one of the resorts and use those? I haven't been able to find out how drinks are refilled and am curious.

You can bring a refillable mug but they ask that you use a clean paper cup to fill it. There are a supply of cups right at the drink station on deck 9. They don't want any germs spread by filling a mug or even paper cup that has already been used.

They want you to use their paper cups (with the lids and straws that fly away in the breeze when at sea) for sanitary reasons. I bring my own mug and refill it using their cups.

The cups are quite tiny by American Standards. If you put some ice in it, you might get one full cup of soda.

I found this on the DCL web site while planning my Dream cruise next Sept.

Free sodas are available at the Beverage Station on Deck 9 of the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. There are 2 Beverage Stations on Deck 11 of the Disney Dream. However, you must pay for alcoholic beverages and sodas at the bars and lounges onboard.

It was under the FAQ - Onboard Entertainment
Why under Onboard Entertainment, not sure .

Big John

Cool! I wish the Magic had 2. They should have one by the adult pool area. Of course they're counting on our laziness and just order one at the bar. :lmao: ka-ching!:teacher:

I found this on the DCL web site while planning my Dream cruise next Sept.

Free sodas are available at the Beverage Station on Deck 9 of the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. There are 2 Beverage Stations on Deck 11 of the Disney Dream. However, you must pay for alcoholic beverages and sodas at the bars and lounges onboard.

It was under the FAQ - Onboard Entertainment
Why under Onboard Entertainment, not sure .

Big John

ok, that snake would just make me flip! :crazy2: :faint:
I'm not sure that I even want to know the whole story. :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!