Pay extra for Plus features?

sheilafri

DIS Veteran
Here's the story. I decided to take DS12 for a Mom-son trip to WDW as I found great airfare and we have 5 days PH admission and 5 plus features left from our family trip 3 years ago.

I'm trying to decide whether to just buy the 5 day PH admission @$235 or get the PHP w/ 4 features @$270. We never used any plus features on our previous trip and I don't know when or if we'll get back to WDW as DH isn't really a fan. I do think we'll go to a water park on this trip, but I have more than enough plus features to cover it. (I sure wish DisneyQuest was an included feature!)

So, are 4 plus features for $35 really a bargain and worth buying if I'm not at all sure I'll use them?

And one I recently asked myself. We're going next year w/ a then 3.5 yo. We won't be hitting the water parks, just a full immersion in WDW for dd.

But I went ahead and did it. I know we'll go back sometime in our lives (hopefully soon!) so it was worth it for me.

that's the only advice I can give ya. Hope someone else can chime in w/ some good material for ya.

I would say no. As I often have to remind myself, it's not a bargain if I don't need and won't use it. Considering you already have a bunch of unused pluses and you don't know when you'll be back, I wouldn't do it.

I think it depends on how tight the budget is right now. If you can afford to spend the additional $35 per pass to get 4 pluses, then do it. It breaks down to $8.75 per admission. It's the best discount that you can find for the waterparks.

However, if spending $70 now means that you'll have to cut something out of your trip, I'd recommend just getting the 5-day PH. You don't need the extra pluses right now and there will always be other opportunities to buy them.

As usual mad4the mouse is 100% right...if it means cutting something out of your trip for the extra $70 for 8 future admissions to the waterparks...don't do it. If it doesn't...buy the tickets anyway and send them to me after you use the park days...I'll gladly pay you whatever extra it cost you to get the 4 plusses!...and you still will only have spent what you were going to spend anyway! LOL!~

Even if you don't use the plusses until you take a trip when all you do is stay at an off-site resort for a week or so and use the plusses for "Disney days" without going to the parks it will be worth it...unless you don't envision a time in the next 6 years before your son turns 18 and is off to college or other adventures..that you will return and use the plusses.

Also, as far as DQ goes...have you been to Mousesavers.com? If you sign up there( free and a wonderful site as well with all kinds of Disney info and tips)...and sign up for Mary's newsletter, you will have access to special prices for DQ from Ticket Mania.

They are the best prices I've found...and if you pick the tickets up from their office you get 2 free rounds of miniature golf at a course near their pick up office (which is not way off the beaten track or anything), a 20 minute phone card, additional coupons and a welcome package that has some more goodies in it.

Even if you have them send them to you in the mail the price is unmatched by any other site I've seen since the price shown includes tax, shipping and handling.

PM me if you have questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter