Pay CANADIAN dollars for Disneyland Tickets

Mama Bear Me2

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

SORRY ... under a time crunch and I'm a chronic double poster on different forums (Disneyland & Canadian Planning) as I like to increase my chances of getting replies.

Sorry to annoy you by double posting! Appreciate your patience with me as always! :-)

Sorry ... know this has been addressed in other threads but wanted to check if anyone had any more current info.

Other than Flight Centre, Travel Best Bets & Expedia are there any places we can buy Disneyland Tickets in CANADIAN dollars. I'm trying to save on the "exchange" thing.

FYI ... checked with Expedia (called 2x) and checked their website ... the prices shown in CAD seem to be full price or marked up prices. They don't appear to be the Canadian Resident Special (25% off) even though I want to buy prior to February 28, 2017 deadline.

FYI ... I tried calling my local CAA office (BCAA) but no one is answering so I have to call again during the week day.

Does anyone know if CAA offices (specifically BCAA) offers the tickets in CANADIAN prices? The prices listed on the website is in USD. Thanks!

Any help you can provide would be terrific. Need to buy my tickets PRIOR to February 28, 2017 as I want to take advantage of the Canadian Resident Special (25% off) AND avoid hassle of paying the "exchange".

THANKS!!!! :-)

The Canadian Resident Special is better than any place that will sell them in Canadian funds. Even with the exchange rate, you'll end up saving a little bit. The only other option that you didn't mention is the CityPass that you can buy from Costco.ca if you're interested in going to the other attractions as well.

THANK YOU for sharing everyone!!

Good reminder about the Costco.ca re: CityPass. :-)

Another Question:

Do you usually book everything "a la carte" (ie. flight, car rental, tickets) ALL SEPARATE or as a PACKAGE?

Do you find it's usually better pricing booking things separate or as a package?

I'm used to booking separate and never really thought to do a package as I don't usually book hotel as I'm assuming it's most common to do flight+hotel package.

In my case, for package, I would only need flight+car rental+Disneyland tickets.

Thanks again!! :-)

FYI ... waiting to hear back from Flight Centre ... systems down and no one has access to Disneyland ticket prices. Will try and update if I get more info. They're supposed to call me back. :-)

We just paid $260 CAD for each adult for a 3 day pass - 1 park, 1 day pass.
I spent 3 days looking at prices - I did separate for flight, hotel. We live in BC - so I looked at about 4 different airports plus 3 in WA state. NOTHING could touch westjet vacations for us during a 7 days departure window with 5 or 6 nights. We paid $694 CAD - flight and hotel, 5 nights for an adult. $383 CAD - flight and hotel, 5 nights for a child.
That was all through flight centre.
hope that helps! :)

Oh - also, we were told NOT to add transportation as the last company went belly up. We were encouraged to use Uber, which we are going to do :)

Do you usually book everything "a la carte" (ie. flight, car rental, tickets) ALL SEPARATE or as a PACKAGE?

Do you find it's usually better pricing booking things separate or as a package?

I'm used to booking separate and never really thought to do a package as I don't usually book hotel as I'm assuming it's most common to do flight+hotel package.

In my case, for package, I would only need flight+car rental+Disneyland tickets.
:-)

If you are looking at CAA and are a member, you might get an extra 5% off park tickets. When I looked this was the case for AMA members. I didn't go this route as the extra 5% was not worth the price of membership.

For our trip at the end of March, I booked everything separately because it was cheaper and gave us a better selection of hotels. I price checked using West Jet Vacations and Air Canada vacations. I'm not a fan of the vacation sites of US airlines because they are nowhere near as easy to use as West Jet. If you try a travel agent like Sell Off Vacations.com or Flight Centre, you might get a deal or you might not. I suspect that booking separately was cheaper because we are going during spring break and some of the hotels in the packages were sold out.

So I say create a spreadsheet and price out your chosen hotel or two and see what works best for you.

We just paid $260 CAD for each adult for a 3 day pass - 1 park, 1 day pass.
I spent 3 days looking at prices - I did separate for flight, hotel. We live in BC - so I looked at about 4 different airports plus 3 in WA state. NOTHING could touch westjet vacations for us during a 7 days departure window with 5 or 6 nights. We paid $694 CAD - flight and hotel, 5 nights for an adult. $383 CAD - flight and hotel, 5 nights for a child.
That was all through flight centre.
hope that helps! :)

Oh - also, we were told NOT to add transportation as the last company went belly up. We were encouraged to use Uber, which we are going to do :)

Could you elaborate on the ground transportation issue? The only company I heard of going under was Grayline who ran Disneyland Resort Express. I have two young ones and we were going to go with Disneyland Resort Express to avoid having to lug car seats on the airplane. I know Disneyland Resort Express was run by Grayline but has since been taken over by Coach USA and haven't heard of any issues with the transition. Or were you referring to another company?

We booked flights, hotel and park tickets through WestJet for our July trip. We paid $310/adult for 5 day park hoppers. I don't think they sell the tickets without the package, though. But it was far cheaper for us to get it as a package :)

We booked flights, hotel and park tickets through WestJet for our July trip. We paid $310/adult for 5 day park hoppers. I don't think they sell the tickets without the package, though. But it was far cheaper for us to get it as a package :)

THANKS ALL for sharing your experiences re: booking separate and/or package.

Sounds like you got some great deals using WestJet Vacation Packages and/or Flight Centre.

Currently I'm leaning towards booking separately because we won't be booking a hotel. Based on your replies it appears that the bigger savings is when you combine "flight+hotel+add in park tickets" as it appears that most posters did this type of package booking. I'm guessing there would much less (ie. minimal) savings if I do not book "hotel" as part of my package since "hotel" is such a large expense.

FYI ... when I called Flight Centre (and they still need to call me back with "just" Disneyland Ticket prices once the system is working again) the quote for "just" flight was about the same as if I booked directly with WestJet. In this case, if the prices are the same I'd rather just book directly with WestJet.

However, the rep did a good job of trying to upsell since he got me thinking about booking "flight + tickets + car rental" as he mentioned there might be some savings if I purchased all 3 from him. However, we had to delay a more in-depth look at pricing because he couldn't give me the cost for the park tickets at that time.

Rep did mention that if I book "flight+car rental+park tickets" the price guarantee would give me a "credit" for the difference for the future use. In this case, I think I'd rather have the flexibility to book car rental directly since I can book/cancel/change as many times as needed without penalty (unless the Rep can give me a super good deal on the car rental I'd rather not be locked into my car rental).

Anyway ... the rep did get the wheels churning in my head and made we wonder if it was better to book all 3 items through him ... again ... good upselling which is why I had to consult with all you experts!! :-)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!! I'll try and update once I hear back from Flight Centre. :-)

That's the one that went belly up. So when I was getting quotes online, kids were free. The new one that took over as the transports doesn't give kids for free. So the price for transports is higher. It would have been $70 for each person (3 of us) or Uber is $40 each way. So we save $130.

Personally, when flight centre and westjet are the same price, I would rather book with Flight Centre - in person with a travel agent. They are aware of all delays/cancellations/problems with all aspects of my vacations. They advocate for me if there is an issue.

Good luck! I like the idea of using a spreadsheet!

I always book separately. Tickets, hotels and one way flights. It is much cheaper to fly out of the US. No airport improvement fees. CAA will convert the tickets from USD and you will pay in CAD. Where are you flying out of?

The Canadian resident pass is an outstanding value, even if you are paying in US dollars. I just booked (direct with Disneyland) the 5 day park hopper for 2 adults and paid $504.00 US, on my credit card. I fully expect that MC will give me the current exchange rate, plus 2% service fee so I will end up paying around $675 total CAD. This is MUCH cheaper than the ticket prices that you can get on-line at most retailers (Flight Centre current price is just over $810 for the same tickets).

If you are serious in going before the 13th of January 2018, this is an outstanding deal. Get it direct from Disney.. zero hassle and delivery of your passes by e-mail.

I always book a-la-carte, and have never been disappointed. Book your hotel rooms as soon as you can. If you are staying at a chain hotel, get their membership card first (just apply on-line) and then in most cases you will NOT have to pay in advance.

I hate the package deals, as in most cases the only person getting the deal is the travel agent booking you. You will ALWAYS have to pay way in advance, and this really urks me.

We are looking at 5 days in December in the park, and have a hotel for $126 US a night (Marriott), Flights from Canada for $377 a person, and the tickets for $365 per person. I have paid for the park tickets and Air fare, and the hotel is paid in December.

Hi All,

THANKS for sharing your wisdom! Back to update from my last post after some more research:

BCAA: (CAA in province of BC)

* Canadian Discount Tickets posted in USD but converted to CAD at time of purchase
* USD to CAD conversion based on posted "daily" CIBC foreign exchange rate = CAD cost will fluctuate daily as exchange rate fluctuates
* Can only buy tickets via "Call Centre" ... no sales via office locations OR online
* Rate quoted to me today (Feb 20) was "higher" than the ones quoted to me at Flight Centre or Travel Best Bets (see below)
* Do NOT need to be a BCAA member in order to buy tickets
* Payment in CAD
* "Think" these are "actual" tickets (no vouchers to be exchanged for tickets)

Flight Centre (spoke to Rep):

* Quoted (5 Day Park Hopper): CAD$317 (Adult) & CAD$302 (Child)
* Asked & was advised that the CAD price does not fluctuate with daily exchange rate
* Do not know if the quoted price is dependent on number of tickets required (ie. more tickets, cheaper price) ... I do not "think" it's dependent ... I think the above is just the price
* No booking fee was advised so "assume" there's no booking fee to buy the tickets

* Rep also gave info re: package (Flight + Add on Park Tickets) and learned the following:

- If a "certain" dollar spend value is achieved (ie. flight tickets) THEN discounts for the "add on" land item (eg. Park Tickets) can be offered off the "land" item (eg. Park Tickets). Discounts will vary subject to "dollar spend" amount.

- Flight cost quoted was pretty similar to online booking directly with the flight carrier HOWEVER because the flight cost totalled a certain "dollar spend" (Rep did not elaborate), the Rep was able to offer "discounts" off the Park tickets.

- Price Guarantee ... if price drops, customer has option to utilize "price guarantee" (1 time option) and difference will be given in a form of a "credit" for "future" use. Was advised no expiration date of credit.

- Payment in CAD

- "Think" you need to exchange voucher for tickets once you're in the Parks

Travel Best Bets (spoke to Rep):

* Quoted (5 Day Park Hopper): CAD$313 (Adult) & CAD$299 (Child) BUT there's booking fees ("think" it's about CAD$30 per Adult ... not sure if there's a booking fee for Child tickets).

* Did a quick check of flight costs and found it similar to booking directly online with flight carrier.
* No mention of additional discounts (ie. off Park tickets) for package of "flight + tickets" BUT I didn't know to ask at that time and I'd already disconnected call.

* Payment in CAD

* "Think" you need to exchange voucher for tickets once you are in the Parks

Hope the above info helps! I appreciate ALL YOUR HELP!! Thanks again! :-)

Last edited:
We are like valiamo above. Booked directly through Disney and we don't book in a package. We do often book hotel and flights through Expedia when we can (not all hotels are on there so our current hotel is direct) but for Disney tickets I prefer booking direct. The deal is amazing and saves on the exchange.

The Canadian resident pass is an outstanding value, even if you are paying in US dollars. I just booked (direct with Disneyland) the 5 day park hopper for 2 adults and paid $504.00 US, on my credit card. I fully expect that MC will give me the current exchange rate, plus 2% service fee so I will end up paying around $675 total CAD. This is MUCH cheaper than the ticket prices that you can get on-line at most retailers (Flight Centre current price is just over $810 for the same tickets).

If you are serious in going before the 13th of January 2018, this is an outstanding deal. Get it direct from Disney.. zero hassle and delivery of your passes by e-mail.

I always book a-la-carte, and have never been disappointed. Book your hotel rooms as soon as you can. If you are staying at a chain hotel, get their membership card first (just apply on-line) and then in most cases you will NOT have to pay in advance.

I hate the package deals, as in most cases the only person getting the deal is the travel agent booking you. You will ALWAYS have to pay way in advance, and this really urks me.

We are looking at 5 days in December in the park, and have a hotel for $126 US a night (Marriott), Flights from Canada for $377 a person, and the tickets for $365 per person. I have paid for the park tickets and Air fare, and the hotel is paid in December.
Where are you flying from? We are going in December too but I haven't found a super deal yet.

I usually end up booking our Disneyland vacations separately. In previous trips I have got our tickets from flight center in Canadian funds, but the Canadian deal of 25% off worked out way better than that so we purchased our tickets for our October visit.

We are in BC on Vancouver Island so flights are always tricky. Either ferry over to Vancouver or fly from Victoria. I watch flights and then book as soon as I am comfortable with the price and then try not to go back and look at them again. :fish:

I also book a room as soon as dates are firm to ensure we get a good rate. The past 2 trips we have stayed at Del Sol, it is bare bones but close and reasonable. I love to be able to just walk across the street and be in the parks, and honestly do not spend much time at the hotel at all except to sleep. I have a hard time sitting around when I know I could be in the parks :ccat:

So far we have paid for flights from Victoria to Orange County, and our 5 day park hoppers from Disney with the Canadian promo. Hotel is reserved and all I need to do before we go is order a few things from Vons for delivery and we are set.

I usually end up booking our Disneyland vacations separately. In previous trips I have got our tickets from flight center in Canadian funds, but the Canadian deal of 25% off worked out way better than that so we purchased our tickets for our October visit.

We are in BC on Vancouver Island so flights are always tricky. Either ferry over to Vancouver or fly from Victoria. I watch flights and then book as soon as I am comfortable with the price and then try not to go back and look at them again. :fish:

I also book a room as soon as dates are firm to ensure we get a good rate. The past 2 trips we have stayed at Del Sol, it is bare bones but close and reasonable. I love to be able to just walk across the street and be in the parks, and honestly do not spend much time at the hotel at all except to sleep. I have a hard time sitting around when I know I could be in the parks :ccat:

So far we have paid for flights from Victoria to Orange County, and our 5 day park hoppers from Disney with the Canadian promo. Hotel is reserved and all I need to do before we go is order a few things from Vons for delivery and we are set.

Whereabouts on the island are you from? We're in Nanaimo.

We purchased ours directly from the site. We didn't get park hoppers but if you are interested in how much it cost with exchange rate/using credit card it was $442 USD for two 5 day non hoppers which ended up at $597 CAD.

We ended up buying our hotel and flight separately as I couldn't find a better deal on any travel sites. It was $350 a person for the flight from Vancouver - Orange County Airport, for the end of November. Would have been cheaper if we flew into LAX but we will be traveling with a 2 year old so wanted to be closer, and wanted to be on West Jet!

Hotel we are staying at the Hyatt house which is around $136 a night (USD)

:)

Last edited:

For sure! We are opting to stay overnight in Richmond before our 11am flight out of YVR. We could, theoretically, make the first ferry out of Duke Point and be on time but there's always that "what if" the ferry is cancelled. You won't know until the morning of...and by then it'd be too late. Always other considerations you need to think of when you live here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter