Pattern for a weighted pillow

I know about weighted vests, blankets, etc. Is a weighted pillow for laps or for laying down upon?

Are you talking about something like a pillow sized beanbag?

I'm going to move this to the disABILITIES Community Board.
I know there was a thread maybe 5 or 6 months ago about weighted blankets that might help. I don't have time to look for it right now, but hopefully will this weekend if no one else can.

Most of the time, you don't really need a pattern for a pillow. If you can describe it better, I can probably explain how to make it without buying a pattern.

I made a weighted vest for DS when he was younger- but he hated it! (boohoo for the Mama!) He likes pressure, not weight. :rolleyes:

I actually realized that my grandmother made something with rice in it and I bet it would work.

DS has the pressure vest but he has learned how to undo the velcro so it is not really helpful. :rolleyes:

A cheap/easy way to make them is to take the leg of an old pair of jeans (maybe one with a hole in the other leg) cut off a length that's appropriate and sew the two ends closed, then fill with rice or bird seed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter