Patrick doing great at the Indy 500!

Laz

DIS Veteran
YOU GO GIRL!

A 23 year old rookie girl has been doing fantastic! She is leading right now but may run out of gas :guilty:

She has been through numerous instances, stalled in the pits, and lost her front wing, but she is an icredible young driver.

well they just called a yellow with some guypassing her
that may be it she may to to settle for2nd
i hope she can pull it out
but its gonna depend when the yellow goes away

WOOOHOOOO
she just passed wheldon to take the lead with 10 to go
go go go go go go go go go !!!!!!!!!!!!

What a race for that young girl!! She will be a force in IRL racing! 4th place is nothing to sneeze at! In fact, I think she made a few $$$

Laz said:
What a race for that young girl!! She will be a force in IRL racing! 4th place is nothing to sneeze at! In fact, I think she made a few $$$
Yep! And she has a long career ahead of her :)

Oh I soooo wanted her to win! You're right Laz- fourth place is nothing to sneeze at... :banana:

Laz said:

I'm thrilled for her. I could believe the amount of people who had problems with her racing. It was really sad. She's got a lot of years ahead of her!

With NASCAR killing IRL type racing (fan wise), Patrick could be just what the league needs to bring it back into a fan favorite. She is young, talented, and gutsy. Combine that with Letterman in her corner, and you have all the makings of an excellent marketing program!

Plus she is humble in all her "publicity" she was out there before the race, after the race she was gracious, and kind, and I cant even imagine what it took to drive a car like that for those 200 laps, she listened to her directions, she kept her 'head' about her, did what she was told, and came across as very gracious...

And to have that stall in the pit??? and to come up from that, then she hits the wall, and only has her front end replaced? and still comes up to lead the race?? only thru artful, experience from Rahal, imho, did she come out of it wonderful, the coverage also had us hear her say "sorry" over and over!! Good for her!! Good for her, to recognize all the help she got from her team too - loved seeing her mom too!!

Yep, I watched because of her, lol at the references to Billy Jean King, Amelia Earheart, and Susan B Anthony.... oh, and Sallly Ride... but I'll still watch for her, look for her to get Rookie of the Race...

We were at the 500 and most of the crowd around us was pulling for her. Lots of love and respect for her in J stand, section 9!

Not being much of a racing fan (an understatement! :rotfl: ) I was really excited to see this young woman lead the pack for many laps. WTG!

Claudia1 said:
We were at the 500 and most of the crowd around us was pulling for her. Lots of love and respect for her in J stand, section 9!

Yes! It was a great race all around. Huge crowd! Exciting race at most all stages (too many yellows, but lots of lead changes and flat out racing).

For a true rookie, Danica put in one of the best performances to date. I was covering her at the race and was at her pit box from lap 1 to 170. She made the rookie mistakes I predicted she would, but aided by solid strategy from Bobby Rahal she bounced back. She'll be a force to be reckoned with in future races. Some of my photos of her can be seen here: http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=danica+patrick+geoff+miller&c=news_photos

Oh and one final note to Robby Gordon, the three guys that finished ahead of her all weigh more than she does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!