Passporter has conflicting info on Formal/Semi-Formal Nights

Svenson

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been addressed before . . .

In my Passporter (Third Edition, 2005), it has two conflicting pieces of information. On page 120, the dining schedule shows Formal Night on Day 2 and Semi-Formal Night on Day 6. (This is for the 7-night Eastern) But on page 282 it states the reverse -- Semi-Formal on Day 2 and Formal on Day 6. Which one is correct? I've reread them both a dozen times to make sure it's not just me getting confused. Also, which of these nights is actually the Captain's Gala?

Thanks for your help! :)

On the Eastern Formal night is Sunday. Semi formal is Thursday on both the Eastern & Western. :)

Thanks! :)
That's good, because that means we can wear our formal wear at the beginning of the cruise . . . when it still fits! :rotfl2:

I wonder if the Passporter has been corrected in the new 2006 edition. Anybody know?

We cruised the 7 day eastern in Jan and found that it was more formal on Thursday night. On Sun the characters wore thier natical clothes and on Thursday they, plus more of the guests, had on formal wear.

lbgraves said:
On the Eastern Formal night is Sunday. Semi formal is Thursday on both the Eastern & Western. :)

Are you sure? My notes have formal as Monday (1st sea day)....this was for the Western. I wouldn't put it past me to copy down the information wrong. :rolleyes:

The moderator is correct. On the 1/7/2006 Eastern, the formal night was Sunday (the first sea day); semi formal is Thursday (the last sea day).

The characters wear their "dress" nautical uniforms on formal night, which is also the night of the Captain's reception (free drinks!!!).

Just wish I knew which nights it was all going to be for the Special Western/Castaway Cay Double Dips. :confused3 Any thoughts anyone???

Svenson said:
Thanks! :)
That's good, because that means we can wear our formal wear at the beginning of the cruise . . . when it still fits! :rotfl2:

I wonder if the Passporter has been corrected in the new 2006 edition. Anybody know?

:rotfl2:

The last I heard the new edition would begin shipping the first of April.

ibouncetoo said:
Are you sure? My notes have formal as Monday (1st sea day)....this was for the Western. I wouldn't put it past me to copy down the information wrong. :rolleyes:

You are right for the Western. :) Formal night is on the first sea day on the 7 night cruises. With that I would think that it would also be on Monday night for the double dip cruises. The only other sea day on those is Thursday, which should be the semi formal night. The only thing that has me stumped is how they are going to do the character breakfasts since there are no late port days like Key West which they count as a partial sea day for CBs & brunch. UGH! I just realized that brunch is going to be even harder to get a resie for on those cruises! :(

LADYnTRAMP said:
Just wish I knew which nights it was all going to be for the Special Western/Castaway Cay Double Dips.

I'm curious about this too.

Woody

I think most of us double-dippers are anticipating the schedule will be the same as a regular Western....as the sea days still fall on the same days of the week. We're really just substituting CC for Key West on Sunday and Costa Maya for Grand Cayman on Tuesday.

Those 5/27 Double-dippers better ALL do trip reports! ::yes::

DCL CS has no idea why we even worry about things like that. ;) I wouldn't count on any answers that you may get either. The rest of us are going to rely on the information we get from the May DDs. :)

I'm trying to figure the same thing out.

Trying to figure just what dress code for each day. Would like to celebrate DGODD birthday on Formal night. I called DCL twice within 10 minutes & received the same answer. "They will tell you when you board the ship" Want door signs to have right date on them. Please someone help me out.

Started a new post before I saw this :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter