Passport info 7 day western

Raven9 Studios

Mouseketeer
I put in for my kids passports in Dec. was told not necessary since traveling by sea but a good idea in those "just in case" situations. So here is the thing, we leave in 16 days and still no passport. Any thoughts?

I am wondering the same thing... we realized just a few days ago that my DH's passport had expired. We sent it overnight with the expedite fee and all that, but I want to be prepared in case it doesn't come in before we leave on February 5th.

Anyone traveled recently WITHOUT passports? Any problems? Anyone on the Western?

When in December did you submit it? It takes 3 to 4 weeks to process and you had 2 major holidays inbetween. You can check on line regarding the status or call the passport office and they can give you an idea where it is in the process. All information can be obtained from the State Department website.

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_ip.asp

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

As far as traveling without a passport, your are fine with a gov't issue ID and an official Birth Certificate for a close looped cruise.

It was mid dec but they said since minors it usually takes less time...LOL
I have the passport id numbers from that website it just gives me the IN PROCESS crap now for 3 weeks.

No need for passports, just a certified copy of your birth certificate for the western cruise.

:thanks:

Thanks Jilljill, you have eased my mind... I told my DH that we probably shouldn't have spent the extra money to have it expedited, but he didn't want to take any chances. Oh well!

Was it a NEW passport application, or RENEWAL? We applied for my DD's renewal in mid Dec also, and she already got it, I think she got it on the last week of Dec.

I checked the status online and it's said "in process", then on the next day, she got her documentation back in the mail (birth certificate and her old passport). Following that day, I got e-mail from them saying it is "in process". A couple days later, the passport arrived in the mail.

I am sure you should get it soon before your departure. If not, you can always take her birth certificate. However, you should also check the status online or call them.

Good luck! :grouphug:

For the cruise, the passport is not required, but I would not want to be caught ANYWHERE off of the boat without one, Especially with the new problems in the airports. Accidents happen, and most airlines are not even going to think about letting you on without one to get back to the US. It should make it back to you though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter