Passholder Discount Confusion???

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I have a current AP that expires on 10/21/2016. With the release of the new discounts, I guess I just assumed that ALL passholders were eligible.

Now I'm confused...on the passholder website, it says...
"If you purchased a pass before October 4, 2015, your current pass has not changed and your existing Passholder benefits will remain valid through your pass expiration date. Please continue to enjoy your pass as you always have."

I am assuming that this in reference to the 13-month offer on NEW passes, but the way it is written, it could also mean that the discount benefits will not apply to my current pass.

Then, on the benefits page, I found this...
"Walt Disney World Resort is commemorating our 45th Anniversary with more dining benefits for Passholders! From now through September 30, 2017, your Walt Disney World annual pass adds discounts at 45 more dining locations—that's a table-service or quick-service restaurant for every one of our years!"

..and...

"Now Passholders are eligible for bigger benefits at more locations! Disney-owned-and-operated stores now offer up to 20% off merchandise purchases."

Can anyone help me clarify this? We leave next Friday and I'd like to re-work our plans if this discount will be available to me. If I am not eligible, then I can leave everything as is.

Oh...and I forgot one more question...

When you use this discount for dining, is it JUST for the passholder? If I am dining with my family, will the discount be applied to the whole check or just to my meal? I am the only one with an AP at this time.

When you use this discount for dining, is it JUST for the passholder? If I am dining with my family, will the discount be applied to the whole check or just to my meal? I am the only one with an AP at this time.

It will be applied to the whole check. :)

As for the other question, I would definitely like some clarification as well!

Basically your AP is the same as it was when you bought it. If you renew, you will get the 13 months. I'm pretty sure the 20% discount will apply to you. Don't know about the number of people.

I wonder, though...is this subject to the passholder and up to 4 guests rule? We are a family of 10:scared:.

With a family of 10, would the Tables in Wonderland card, even with its $150 price tag, be a value for you? 20% the entire bill including alcohol for up to a party of 10, plus comped valet parking at resorts when dining at a participating restaurant. You could use you AP discount at the places not covered by TiW.

With a family of 10, would the Tables in Wonderland card, even with its $150 price tag, be a value for you? 20% the entire bill including alcohol for up to a party of 10, plus comped valet parking at resorts when dining at a participating restaurant. You could use you AP discount at the places not covered by TiW.
^^^This is what I have to look at....

We already have all of our dining plans in place and this will probably be the only trip on this card. We aren't all drinkers so the alcohol is not really a factor. We are eating at O'Hana, Garden Grill, Boma (4 adults) and Liberty Tree Tavern (4 adults) and we will also visit the TOTWL at least once. Of those venues, only GG is included in the "free" discount. We would need the TIW for the rest, and for any alcohol we may purchase. I'm sure that there will be at least 3-4 Lapu Lapu's bought at O'Hana since we are celebrating a birthday:crazy:.

I think we will still break even with the TIW card...O'Hana alone will cost about $500 with the drinks. I love that the 20% off applies at BOG! We already have a lunch reservation there, but unfortunately, we had to split up between a party of 4 and a party of 6 so only one of our groups can use the discount.

I saw someone else's calculation that the break even point is spending $750 on food & drinks. If you take advantage of the valet parking, subtract that from the $750 since it is "free".

I am having a hard time deciding if TiW will work for us this time around. We would have it for three trips, but with one possibly two trips being for F&WF, a lot of our meals will be grazing around the World.

Tiw discount only applies to bog dinner. We have never gotten the discount at lunch - unless something has changed.

With a party of 10, I would recommend the tiw if you will spend more than $750 on table service restaurants. You will need to pay for all the meals though. Don't know if that will be an issue. Others could just give you cash as repayment.

On our last trip in July, I had to show my ID every time I used the tiw card. this has never happened before and I have had the tiw card since 2008.

I have a current AP that expires on 10/21/2016. With the release of the new discounts, I guess I just assumed that ALL passholders were eligible.

Now I'm confused...on the passholder website, it says...
"If you purchased a pass before October 4, 2015, your current pass has not changed and your existing Passholder benefits will remain valid through your pass expiration date. Please continue to enjoy your pass as you always have."

I am assuming that this in reference to the 13-month offer on NEW passes, but the way it is written, it could also mean that the discount benefits will not apply to my current pass.

Then, on the benefits page, I found this...
"Walt Disney World Resort is commemorating our 45th Anniversary with more dining benefits for Passholders! From now through September 30, 2017, your Walt Disney World annual pass adds discounts at 45 more dining locations—that's a table-service or quick-service restaurant for every one of our years!"

..and...

"Now Passholders are eligible for bigger benefits at more locations! Disney-owned-and-operated stores now offer up to 20% off merchandise purchases."

Can anyone help me clarify this? We leave next Friday and I'd like to re-work our plans if this discount will be available to me. If I am not eligible, then I can leave everything as is.
The dining and merchandise discounts are for all AP holders, whether you were to purchase/renew during the 13-month promotion or not. When your AP expires, you will no longer be eligible for those benefits.

Tiw discount only applies to bog dinner. We have never gotten the discount at lunch - unless something has changed.

Be Our Guest is listed as one of the 45 participating restaurants offering 20% off for AP holders.

Doh! Yup...I got so excited to see it listed as having ANY discount, I forgot to read it:teeth:...but 10% is better than nothing.
I agree-I was surprised it said for all meal periods-since it is only table service for dinner. Hopefully it is avail at lunch too.

Okay, found the definitive answer as to how many meals can be covered under the AP discounts. This is from page 7 of the 2016 Passholder Benefits booklet that I got when I renewed my pass last month. It specifically states that only the Passholder and up to 3 guests would be eligible for the dining discount. I would guess that this limit would also apply to the 20% discount that is being offered at some restaurants.
AP_zpsgfdpvfy9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter