Party of 7, split it up?

Ctg44

Earning My Ears
Hello! We typically book all of the popular character dining a (CRT, Chef Mickeys, etc) and I have no problem getting the reservations we want as a family of 5. This time we are taking my parents so we will be a table of 7.

Will it be exponentially harder to secure those reservations as a table of 7? Should I look to split up 3 and 4 or will I be ok booking for 7? I know most of the restaurants we want fill up within the first few minutes And I’d hate to waste time first checking for 7, then 3 and 4. Thanks in advance.

I would try for 8 first - there's no penalty for showing up with only 7. If no table for 8, then I'd try to book 4+4 because the Disney ADR booking system does not like odd numbered parties.

It's ridiculous that you have to do that (I've read reports of solo diners having to book a table for 4 because the system said there were no tables for 1, 2 or 3!), but that's the system Disney has, and the restaurants are accustomed to it. Some posters here advocate booking for the larger number and then modifying down to the smaller number, but it's truly not necessary.

The only one I'd try and look for 3 and 4 together is CRT because it's prepaid.

If you are staying on site I'd also try to plan those reservations towards the end of your study to take advantage of that extra booking window if possible.

Thanks for the help everyone, we got everything we wanted by booking for 8! I did have to move Cinderella’s to later in our trip, which meant we had to go on 10/9 instead of Space 220 like I wanted but that’s fine. I was able to book Be Our Guest on our original CRT day. Other reservations we got were Topolino’s Breakfast, Chef Mickeys, Hollywood and Vine, Oga’s and Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter