Party of 7, Signature Restaurants

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
For our upcoming trip we are celebrating my birthday and my mom's birthday.
We have a few restaurants we are deciding to eat at but want your opinion
1. Flying Fish
2. Jiko
3. Steakhouse 71
4. Morimoto Asia
5. Yachtman's Steakhouse

Out of the list Steakhouse 71 is by far the most economical option but having heard of the mixed reviews, I hesitate to bring first time WDW in the family for the dinner. What recommendation from this list would you pick?

We have eaten at Flying Fish and Jiko. Both good but I would pick Jiko for the food and the chance to visit AKL.

Jiko would be my pick. The food there is wonderful, and the atmosphere is really special.

Real solid list. Look at each menu and pick from there. Each has its own special place for us.
You can't go wrong with any of them. I can't speak to Steakhouse 71. November will be our first but all the others I have eaten in 10 plus times each and each we eat at every single trip since we found them many many years ago.

We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at Steakhouse 71 last fall.

Unless some in your party want no more adventurous food than traditional steakhouse fare, I'd skip it. There's no salad but an iceberg lettuce wedge, for instance. We had horrible service at lunch. After we were seated it took an age for our server to appear. Once we'd ordered, we didn't even see him again until we flagged down another server and asked that person to please find ours. Food was eventually delivered by others and was mostly cold.

We should have complained to the manager but were so angry we simply paid and got out of there, fearful we'd be unable to be civil.

Breakfast was good as was dinner there. The place is generally packed full, though, and makes "Disney noisy" seem an understatement. It's THAT loud when crowded, much worse than The Wave was, we thought.

Yachtsman is our go-to for steaks at WDW. We've never had a bad meal or service there.

Not enough experience with the rest to comment.

I'm going to go against the grain here.

My mom would go anywhere on that list.

If I was bringing my in-laws, I'd be doing Steakhouse 71 or Yachtsman. I didn't mind Steakhouse 71. But also it was the last place we went to after a week, I can't remember what I ate or what I didn't eat. I was also there with my kids....so I was probably more focused on them.

Honestly, I wasn't thrilled with Jiko, but maybe it was just an off night or what I ordered.

Of the five you listed I would choose Morimoto by a good amount. Excellent food and service.

Of the two steakhouses on your list I would suggest Yachtsman. Shula's is actually my first choice for a steakhouse on property, but it is more expensive than Yachtsman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter