Party of 6 Where to stay?

MellaWDWnut

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out where the best place to stay is going to be for my brother and his family. They have small children that can not stay in their own room. Any input would be great!!
For a party of 6!
DS is 2
DD is 6
DS is 6
DS is 8
2 Parents!
:goodvibes

Thank you in advance! :grouphug:

Their budget would certainly dictate where they would stay. I would recommend a Deluxe Room with a day bed or 1 BR villa at BLT, OKW or AKL. They all sleep five plus a baby.

In a villa, the kids would sleep in the living room on pullouts while parents and baby would be in the bedroom. That would give you a room with a door for baby to nap too. Plus the full kitchen would be great to cook some meals in the room.

If you choose a family suite and don't want to leave the kids in the living room area, then I would recommend kids in the bedroom (queen bed) and parents and younger ones in the living room. Parents would have to sleep on a pull out though. There's a kitchenette and two bathrooms. I'd recommend All Star Music for this.

Swan and Dolphin have some suites that can be reasonable, depending on the time of year.

I guess it should be an easy question to answer but as others before me have pointed out, there are just too many variables. I always go with my pat question "what are their priorities"? Example: Lots of square footage in the room? Lots of amenities in the room (like full kitchen, washer/dryer)? A big resort with fantastic pools? I think we need more information. If you want a "throw it out there" answer....I would say a 2 Bedroom DVC villa at the Beach Club. Lots of room, lots of amenities, beautiful outdoor spaces, easy access to parks. It's not cheap but it is fantastic! :3dglasses

Trying to figure out where the best place to stay is going to be for my brother and his family. They have small children that can not stay in their own room. Any input would be great!!
For a party of 6!
DS is 2
DD is 6
DS is 6
DS is 8
2 Parents!
:goodvibes

Thank you in advance! :grouphug:

For everyone to be in one room, any of the monorail resorts (Poly, GF, CR), Epcot resorts (BC/YC/BWI), FW Cabins, a Deluxe CL room at the WL, or a family suite at a value resort would work. If they need/want more space than what one room would provide, 2 rooms at any resort would also be an option. If they were to choose 2 rooms, they can request connecting rooms, but let them know that connecting rooms would only be a request and would not be guaranteed. Any of the 2 bedroom villas would also be an option. Those come with a full kitchen and washer/dryer, if that would appeal to them.

POR can fit 5 plus a child under 3 in the alligator bayou section. It would just be a bit smaller than a deluxe.

Son, daughter-in-law and their four kids (1,3,7, and 9 at the time) stayed in a family suite at All Star Music in summer of 2011. They loved having 2 bathrooms and the kitchen area. They actually had DIL and 3 year old DD in the queen bed, with 1 year old DS in portacrib in the bedroom with them. The older boys shared the sofa bed and our son took the pull out chair. Worked for them for 9 day vacation. We're hoping to do AOA Nemo suites next summer with them. Two suites, one for them and one for DH, me, and one or two of our other adult kids.:yay::yay::yay:

Yeah, the suites would be neat!

Happily, there are junior suites at Wilderness Lodge that sleep 6 for a better price than a 2-bedroom suite. Also, deluxe rooms at Boardwalk Inn sleep 6 if a family wants more space.

Last year, before I got a PIN from Disney, I booked a Deluxe Alcove at the Dolphin, using the teacher discount. It slept 6, and cost something like $280 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter