Party of 5 and *GT booking

magsnwonderland

Mouseketeer
We're booked on a cruise in the fall and *GT fares are now available for that sailing, so I wanted to check out the cost savings. We are a family of 5, currently in a deluxe family with verandah, but I couldn't find any *GT fares for a party of 5. Is this because all of the rooms that accommodate 5 are nearly sold out or are they just never available?

We could book two VGT rooms (splitting adults between the rooms) for ~$1400 less, but I don't want to do that because I assume it's very unlikely that we'd be in adjoining rooms and I don't want to be separated given our kids ages and the fact that it's their first cruise, so we want to experience the magic together.

Actually, more times than not I have received adjoining or connecting when I booked *GT. You will need to put an adult in each cabin on paper. Correct that it can't be guaranteed but it is worth the savings. I feel this year may have more availability due to the Wish coming out.

We just booked a week ago for the July 4th Dream and I am waiting to see what room assignments we get. We are traveling with our daughter, SIL and 14 month old granddaughter so would love to have connecting but would be happy with adjoining or even just close to one another.

They don't typically offer *GT rates for parties of 5.

MJ

We've always gotten connecting rooms or rooms next to each other when I've booked two rooms without cabin assignments. This was back when cruises were full, with current demand being so low I can't see it being a problem. Royal also gave us connecting rooms in 2020 when I booked two GTY rates. Cruise lines want happy customers.

We're booked on a cruise in the fall and *GT fares are now available for that sailing, so I wanted to check out the cost savings. We are a family of 5, currently in a deluxe family with verandah, but I couldn't find any *GT fares for a party of 5. Is this because all of the rooms that accommodate 5 are nearly sold out or are they just never available?
The only rooms that sleep 5 are Category 4 and, on the newer ships, Category 8 (plus concierge, but that is not a category for *GT). The *GT rates are offered when Disney Cruise is trying to fill a broad category (Inside, Oceanview, or Veranda) but isn't sure which rooms in that category will still be available closer to sailing. They are willing to sell some room at a lower cost in order to get more rooms filled.

Because parties of 5 will fit in only the most expensive Oceanview or Veranda rooms, it's better for DCL to make those people book in Category 4 or Category 8 at regular price. Then if there are still Category 4/8 rooms available shortly before sailing, DCL can put groups of 3 or 4 who purchased *GT rooms in those rooms, in the hopes that people will like the increased space and want to sail in more expensive rooms next time.

The only rooms that sleep 5 are Category 4 and, on the newer ships, Category 8 (plus concierge, but that is not a category for *GT). The *GT rates are offered when Disney Cruise is trying to fill a broad category (Inside, Oceanview, or Veranda) but isn't sure which rooms in that category will still be available closer to sailing. They are willing to sell some room at a lower cost in order to get more rooms filled.

Because parties of 5 will fit in only the most expensive Oceanview or Veranda rooms, it's better for DCL to make those people book in Category 4 or Category 8 at regular price. Then if there are still Category 4/8 rooms available shortly before sailing, DCL can put groups of 3 or 4 who purchased *GT rooms in those rooms, in the hopes that people will like the increased space and want to sail in more expensive rooms next time.
I suspected as much but don't know enough about capacity to work it out - thanks for confirming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter