Party of 1, plus 1,000! My solo DIS adventure! 2/19 New TR Started!!

Oh thanks for being specific. I hear you about enjoying that magical feeling!!! Can't even wait.

I began to make my way back up to the front of the park…

20170531_163320_zpsn8xzttzh.jpg

20170531_163341_zpswyc3gk4v.jpg

20170531_163350_zpsmbahxbma.jpg

20170531_163527_zpsulgbstij.jpg

You can never have too many pictures of the Train Station and Castle!

20170531_164022_zpsgownm99j.jpg

I actually don’t look like I felt at the moment! I was completely spent. I needed sugar and rest!

20170531_164032_zpsugssgqne.jpg

Well I had a LONG way to go before I would get that. Turns out POP’s bus stop is basically the furthest one away. Not literally, because there are 2 that are farther, but seriously it is a hike. This is not the only Pop bus stop that made me regret not having a car! I finally made it to the row, to see a bus pull away… and it was the full 20 minutes until another bus came. By that time it was a pretty packed bus.

When I got back to the resort I was in desperate need of food, but I was so exhausted and hot that nothing really looked that great. Except this:

DSCF5369_zps1sfxssru.jpg

I had heard tales of the famous Tie Dye Cheesecake, so I grabbed one and took it back to room. It did hit the spot!

Back in the room I called my family then took a quick very needed nap! I had heard stories of how loud Pop was, but I had a very good location sound wise and it was pretty quiet.

Around 6:45 I decided it was time to pull myself out of bed and head out again. I was hungry, but I wanted something light. I was dying to try AoA’s food court since people rave about it, so I headed that way.

DSCF5373_zps7mn1wac2.jpg

DSCF5376_zpsqe1azx3y.jpg

DSCF5377_zpssneoihx6.jpg

DSCF5380_zpsknhr2fkk.jpg

DSCF5382_zpsfrtsz7qe.jpg

I was blown away by the cool details all over AoA!

DSCF5383_zpsjqvsgqbr.jpg

My destination:

DSCF5389_zpsoi7tt5qw.jpg

I took a quick look around and decided that the Caprese Sandwich sounded good. You also got two sides and I chose Caesar Salad and the Homemade Chips.

20170531_190033_zps51bq4ma7.jpg

Even though the photo doesn’t show it well, this sandwich was HUGE. Combined with the two big sides this could easily feed my husband and I together or me and both kids! In fact my kids love Caesar Salad and chips, and I prefer the sandwich so this would be the perfect meal for us to split.

I found a table with a good view and really enjoyed this meal. Even if I didn’t finish it all! The sandwich had fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, but the standout was the pesto. It was delicious! The salad was ok, a basic caesar. The chips were ok as well, nice and crispy, but they could have used some additional seasoning. POFQ adds cajun seasoning… just saying.

After eating I headed out to the bus stop to head back to the MK. This was obviously the general thought at AoA and the bus was pretty full. It was pretty cool to take one of the accordion buses though.

DSCF5391_zpsg46piolz.jpg

You can’t really tell from the photo, but I was standing in the middle part (where the floor is constantly rotating). This was easily my most annoying bus ride ever. There were two teen girls standing next to me. One was wearing a Chewbacca backpack and kept swinging her hair (and said backpack) around… hitting me each time. I kept moving away and she would then step toward me and do it again. I kept saying excuse me each time she did it and she would roll her eyes at me. Ugh, teens. It was a long ride to the MK!

But I finally made it at 7:40pm!

20170531_193949_zpsmuywctln.jpg

DSCF5393_zpswvcypoq3.jpg

It felt soooo crowded! More crowded than that morning!

DSCF5394_zpsxzh2tfmj.jpg

Luckily I had a FP for Buzz.

DSCF5398_zpstl0wpae2.jpg

I am determined to get better at this game!

DSCF5410_zps2k1phpso.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8050090777_zpslsx52iad.jpeg

After my pathetic attempt to defeat Zurg, I decided I should try and find a good viewing location for Happily Ever After.

I headed into the hub and there was a lot of room right beside the partner’s statue, so that is where I plopped down.

20170531_203821_zpsl8vxphfz.jpg

I was hoping this guy was not going to add his grandkids to his shoulders at the last minute. LOL (He didn’t FYI)

20170531_203813_zpsymjvss1s.jpg

I struck up a conversation with the family behind me since they had their Goddaughter who was named Lorelai with them. It sprinkled off and on throughout the wait, but it wasn’t bad. At the last moment a woman physically took my arm and pulled me back and stepped in front of me and called for her mom that she found a spot. I am not kidding. I am too much of pushover to say anything, but had it been my kids she had moved there would have been an issue. The most annoying thing was that she had a green light-up necklace that was flashing the entire show.

But really nothing could make Happily Ever After less than fantastic! I really did love it. The combination of the projections mixed with crazy amounts of fireworks was breathtaking.

20170531_210145_zpshwygt1gi.jpg

20170531_210424_zpssik02aif.jpg

20170531_210753_zpsr5spozzn.jpg

20170531_2118140_zpsu7rcszxi.jpg

Did it make me cry like Wishes? No, but I think that Wishes was just a more emotional show. I do like the music for HEA, but I probably won’t listen to it and imagine the fireworks. Wishes will forever be my favorite nighttime show at Disney.

After the fireworks I beelined it to the right side of the castle and headed into Fantasyland to make it to my FP for 7DMT. I thought about skipping it because the FP line was incredibly long, but it moved really fast.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8048619058_zps3rwu2vgx.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8048619069_zpsevymg8vj.jpeg

When I got off the FP line was nearly to the Carousel!!! Later I saw that I had an email saying that since 7DMT was down I could use the FP for something else. Strange….

I headed over to use a FP at Peter Pan and flew over Neverland… with no proof. I spent my time in line making a rolling FP for Small World. Which is where I headed next.

Why does every photo I take of this Hippo look like he is stoned?

20170531_220627_zpseeh9s6yv.jpg

Last edited:

After Small World I was really debating on what to do next. My phone was really dying and I needed a pick me up. I could feel myself getting dehydrated. Normally I would have looked for free ice water, but I felt like a Smart Water. I don’t know if it actually has any additional benefits to tap water, but in my head it works better. I also picked up some yummy popcorn and headed toward the Tangled bathrooms area to grab a seat and charge my phone.

DSCF5460_zpsrrl77ics.jpg

20170531_212834_zpsyjkrnv1g.jpg

I propped my feet up and just relaxed for a bit, trying to wait for MK to die down. It was around 10:30 and I thought that at least some of the crowd would leave before EMH.

I was also texting with my friend Kat (@katdunn ). Her and her husband had just arrived at Sanford and were planning on heading to the MK EMH with me. I wasn’t sure how long I would make it in EMH and they were leaning toward AK EMH instead so we decided just to meet up the next morning.

I had one more FP for the night over in Frontierland. So I headed out toward Splash Mountain. As I was approaching the pathway that runs along the water, who should I see? But Brenda (@emmysmommy ) and her husband! Brenda and I had texted before the trip since we were both going to be at WDW at the same time, but our park days didn’t line up so we didn’t think we would be able to see each other. I had changed my MK day and just like at Thanksgiving we randomly ran into each other!

20170531_225521_zps8pn9zvlj.jpg

We stood and talked for a while, then they mentioned that they were headed to the Haunted Mansion and invited me to come along. So that’s what I did. My kids could not believe I never made it on Splash or BTMRR this trip!

20170531_231101_zps2hrf4p7g.jpg

We walked toward the Little Mermaid and chatted as we each took a thousand photos.

20170531_233258_zpswlobftch.jpg

We literally kept telling people to pass us by because we were taking so long in the queue taking photos of the animated little blue crab.

20170531_233938_zpsirfcyfzu.jpg

20170531_234415_zpszgx5ojc7.jpg

20170531_234524_zpsujhd7sui.jpg

20170531_234814_zpsztc86peb.jpg

20170531_234929_zpsd0n55l9d.jpg

20170531_234952_zpsdb2r53gb.jpg

After our ride they headed into Storybook Circus

20170531_235511_zpsdlmsrmbw.jpg

and I decided to head over to Tomorrowland to see if the Peoplemover was still running. This trip really never felt like a solo trip with everyone who I ran into or met!

I made it to the Peoplemover and it wasn’t running. :(

DSCF5465_zpsgkyemdtj.jpg

Instead I headed over to Buzz to try and better my score!
DSCF5466_zpskafrb6r9.jpg

And I did!!

20170601_001505_zps5emu0j1i.jpg

It’s no 999999, but it is much better! Aparently I was invisible on this ride as well.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8048692874_zpsh2k9sb6z.jpeg

I ducked in to Cosmic Rays for some ice water. BTW, they now have ice water and cups on the counters!

20170531_235823_zpss8dsa8lc.jpg

And for the first time ever saw Sonny Eclipse!!

DSCF5462_zpshujxkhlx.jpg

At this point it was almost 12:30 and I was ready for bed!!! So I decided to head out. To note just how tired I was I did not take one castle photo as I was leaving!!

I trekked allllll the way back to the Pop bus stop and found a line that was enormous. A bus came pretty quickly, but there were so many people that it didn’t fit everyone. At least I would get a seat on the next bus and not have to stand. But I did have to stand for another 10 minutes until the next bus came. I could have fell asleep standing at this point!

We finally made it back to Pop and I headed to my room. This is where my mosiquito problem turned GROSS. When I went to pull down the covers I saw that all of my pillows were covered in dead mosquitos. Probably about 20 of them. I am not kidding. I was DEAD tired and going to the front desk didn’t even cross my mind. All I could think of was SLEEP. I cringe thinking about it now, but I brushed them off the bed and went to sleep.

Next up: I get my credentials and have a ton of Dis meets!

So fun to read along on your trip report. I cannot wait for the rest of it. I am with your kids; I cannot believe you did not ride Splash or BTMRR!

Cute selfie!

You can never have too many pictures of the Train Station and Castle!

True story. ::yes::

I actually don’t look like I felt at the moment! I was completely spent. I needed sugar and rest!

20170531_164032_zpsugssgqne.jpg

You really can't tell at all; that big smile is a MK smile, for sure!

I finally made it to row to see a bus pull away…

Yeesh, yeah, the Value buses are always so far away. It's really a pain.

DSCF5382_zpsfrtsz7qe.jpg

I was blown away by the cool details all over AoA!

I LOVE AoA! We've stayed there a few times, just to be in the resort. It has some of the best theming I've ever seen!

I found a table with a good view and really enjoyed this meal.

I'm so glad! I really enjoy that food court quite a bit as well.

Ugh, teens.

The worst.

Gorgeous shot! I love the grey skies above the station!

I am determined to get better at this game!

DSCF5410_zps2k1phpso.jpg

LOL! You should look online for the high scoring Zs before your next trip; it'll freak the kids out when you get a hugely high score!

I headed into the hub and there was a lot of room right beside the partner’s statue, so that is where I plopped down.

I hear that's a great spot for the new show! Good choice.

The most annoying thing was that she had a green light-up necklace that was flashing the entire show.

Oh no girl. I will have none of that. You are a better person than I am cause we would have exchanged words. :headache:

But really nothing could make Happily Ever After less than fantastic! I really did love it. The combination of the projections mixed with crazy amounts of fireworks was breathtaking.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :dogdance:

:love:

He totally is! He's the drunken hippo from Small World! LOL!

but in my head it works better

I agree 100% Especially if it's cold. I think they add electrolytes to it, so it might actually work better!

We walked toward the Little Mermaid and chatted as we each took a thousand photos.

How fun! I'm so glad you ran into so many DIS friends! :disrocks:

I made it to the Peoplemover and it wasn’t running. :(

Boo, I read that it doesn't generally run for EMH.

And I did!!

20170601_001505_zps5emu0j1i.jpg

Nicely done! :thumbsup2

Aparently I was invisible on this ride as well.

LOL! Must have helped your score! :rotfl2:

I could have fell asleep standing at this point!

I hate that feeling. Where you just wanna sit down on the floor like a kid and rest your head on one of those poles and just sleep! :faint:

All I could think of was SLEEP. I cringe thinking about it now, but I brushed them off the bed and went to sleep.

Oh no! I had a very similar experience at a crappy $50 a night place in Kissimmee recently. I hope at some point you told someone. That's never ok, but especially not at a Disney resort!

Wow! Can't believe that lady at HEA pulled your arm to make room for her and her Mom. Sorry - but the Joisey in me would have come out if she touched my person!! How nice you were able to meet up with Emmy's Mom, at least for a little bit. I've read and enjoyed some of her dining reports!

Last edited:
Awesome trip report! I love all your Dis Meets and the fact that you were there for the 20th anniversary. That is amazing! Ewwww to the mosquitos! It sounds like Pop wasn't the best fit for you. Maybe after the refurb, it will be better. I am going back to the World in August for my second solo trip and am pretty excited. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

Great trip resort, thx for sharing it all.

I think if I ever do a solo trip.. and I do think about it ( and dh says I should do it) I would stay at a mod, likely POFQ or a deluxe if it wasn't crazy $$$.
Can't wait to read the rest. ...

I am getting a bit tired just reading about your day - especially knowing how hot it was that day ... but seems like you got quite a bit done

I love ho you can see the Castle through your ears!

At the last moment a woman physically took my arm and pulled me back and stepped in front of me and called for her mom that she found a spot.

Um, that is not cool. I am usually pretty passive and let things slide but physically moving me I think is definitely crossing the line. Totally get what you are saying though how if that was your kids it would have been on like Donkey Kong!

Great picture! Glad you enjoyed the show (I think it will take some time as, at least for me, there is such an emotional connection to watching Wishes with my family - I was worried when it was going away but I think Disney did a great job with the new show)

.... I think in every photo everyone takes of the hippo he looks stoned

BTW, they now have ice water and cups on the counters!
Oh, good to know - and very good idea ... especially when it is hot out so people can just grab some

OMG those mosquitos! That is, um, it's not cool!

Hi Everyone! Sorry about the lack of updates. I have been having serious issues with my laptop and to be honest I am starting to freak out if it is going to even survive long enough for me to get my photos off of it!

In addition it has been crazy busy at my main job and I don't see that slowing down until after the first week of August. Plus I am still adjusting to the addition of job 2, which was suppose to be 10 hours a week but has been close to 20 currently. This coming weekend I am working job 2 Saturday from 10:30am to 10:00pm and Sunday from 3:30pm-7:30pm, this is in addition to the 3 evenings during the week I am working. This is a big adjustment for me since I am use to not working on the weekends at all. The job is a lot of fun though, so that helps. It also helps that all the money I am making there goes to Disney! I dread September when I add school back into the mix!

I am praying my computer makes it thorough the restore and I can get an update out ASAP!

Hi Everyone! Sorry about the lack of updates. I have been having serious issues with my laptop and to be honest I am starting to freak out if it is going to even survive long enough for me to get my photos off of it!

In addition it has been crazy busy at my main job and I don't see that slowing down until after the first week of August. Plus I am still adjusting to the addition of job 2, which was suppose to be 10 hours a week but has been close to 20 currently. This coming weekend I am working job 2 Saturday from 10:30am to 10:00pm and Sunday from 3:30pm-7:30pm, this is in addition to the 3 evenings during the week I am working. This is a big adjustment for me since I am use to not working on the weekends at all. The job is a lot of fun though, so that helps. It also helps that all the money I am making there goes to Disney! I dread September when I add school back into the mix!

I am praying my computer makes it thorough the restore and I can get an update out ASAP!
@PrincessA - Good luck with the laptop, hope it holds out long enough for you to be able to do whatever you have to do. Good luck adjusting to the new job, plus, school, and all that. I told you - I have the ULTIMATE respect for you doing all that!

Yowza! I don't blame you for takin a DIS break, sounds a little crazy over there!

Hope the laptop issues aren't too serious. You're like super woman working two jobs, raising a family and about to add school into the mix!!:thumbsup2

I really tried to sleep in the next day since I knew I had a long day coming up. My times are a bit messy on this trip because my camera never synced so it is always running on Chicago time and my phone was on Orlando time, and for some reason on this day they don’t seem to be correct at all.

Nevertheless, I think that I woke up and glanced at the Facebook group and saw that @TheMaxRebo was doing a 5K around Pop and AoA. All the more power to him, I had a hard time just breathing in humidity, let along jog or run!

I decided to get up and head over to AoA for breakfast. I skyped with my husband and daughter (my son was already at school) as I walked over so I could show them a bit of the resort.So that means no photos… I did however take a few photos inside the lobby after showing them, because how can you not!

DSCF5486_zpspbgjf8cb.jpg

DSCF5485_zpsnp94rody.jpg

DSCF5487_zpshlz3q9xk.jpg

DSCF5488_zpsvm85wchq.jpg

How cool is it that Cast Members are called Concept Artists?

DSCF5489_zpschw08qzu.jpg

Then I headed over for some breakfast! I ended up getting the kids waffle plate with bacon and fruit. It also came with a small bottle of water. I had packed my DD coffee as well, so I had that with a glass of ice.

20170601_085316_zpswb1hekmv.jpg

It was a basic Disney Waffle, the CM gave me the crispiest bacon he could find (which wasn’t that crispy), and the fruit was pretty good. Overall it was food, nothing special but it did the trick. My appetite was really poor this trip and I didn’t even finish all of the kids portion of this.

I was texting with my friends Kat and Tim who had got in the night before and headed to close down Pandora, then had opened it that morning! Our plan was to meet at Boardwalk and get our credentials together. They were driving, but I had a bit more of a journey.

I headed out of AoA to catch a bus to DHS and had a bit of a wait.

DSCF5490_zpsqndwsnjr.jpg

I wasn’t in a hurry so I sat down on a bench and waited for the first bus to come and then got in line so I could sit down on the next bus.

20170601_092313_zpsddomjswf.jpg

Now I know they tell you to give yourself an hour if you want to get from resort to resort, but boy are they accurate. It took me one hour to get from AoA to Boardwalk the way I did it. Good thing I wasn’t in a hurry, I would have been STRESSED out.

After my bus ride to DHS, I moseyed over to the boat launch.

DSCF5491_zpsjaqmoawy.jpg

DSCF5492_zpsh2uuodzq.jpg

DSCF5494_zpsjaa5tywr.jpg

As I walked I watched the boat pull away…

DSCF5493_zpsvqismuza.jpg

It wasn’t too long until we had another boat pull up and I decided to sit at the back in the open. For all of 5 minutes! It was HOT back there and there was very little breeze.

DSCF5496_zpstzmqvvab.jpg

Plus I wanted to let the kiddo sitting next to me have the edge so he could look over the side, he was itching to do it. So I moved up front for the remainder of the ride which included stops at Swan & Dolphin, Yacht Club and then the Boardwalk.

DSCF5499_zpssu1at3el.jpg

I had never been further than the restaurants on the Boardwalk, so I had no idea how to get to the lobby. I just followed what I thought might lead me there…

DSCF5500_zpsueehhexp.jpg

DSCF5502_zpstshzhxjp.jpg

DSCF5503_zpsyj0ilrvk.jpg

DSCF5504_zpsluumk0to.jpg

And pretty soon that is where I was!

DSCF5505_zpsudaxr0k3.jpg

DSCF5506_zpscbpedh3c.jpg

DSCF5507_zpsvuosmulc.jpg

20170601_102403_zps33utc0lb.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool to see the DIS event advertised!

20170601_102517_zpsdz2nar7h.jpg

I figured out where to go for the convention center and headed over just as my friends were getting there as well! I apologize for the lack of photos here, but I was having too much fun to take many!

We checked in and got our lanyards with John and Kathleen (who promised she would take me back to the resort if Kat and Tim left me, spoiler alert they didn’t LOL) and got our Dis 20th Pins with Kevin. We chatted a bit, but we didn’t want to hold up the line, plus we needed to check out the auction!

The auction room was hopin’. Right after we arrived Teresa announced that the DIS water bottles and all the vinylmations were $1. She really didn’t want to take them back to the welcome center. I picked out a few vinylmation for the kids and grabbed a waterbottle. Jackie checked me out and took my donation for GKTW.

The next hour and a half was a lot of fun. I browsed the auction items, made bids and talked to Teresa and Kathy. During this time Ryno and Pete were doing a live stream of the auction on Facebook. I watched it after I got home and was horrified that you can hear me talking through most of it…. UGH!

20170601_112632_zpsdehnkwfk.jpg

And if you want to hear me talking over Pete the worst is at around the 5:15 mark when he is talking about the Civil War comic book. Coincidently my friend Kat was really trying to win this item and lost out in the last few minutes. :(

Craig showed up a little while after we got there and told me about the Connecting With Walt episode that I mentioned earlier. We also got a selfie since we didn’t get a photo the day before. I am only 5’4” and Craig is TALL, so the selfie was a bit funny.

20170601_114021_zpsfvhgennn.jpg

I also had a great laugh when Ferris and Finley ran in with Julie and you would have thought they hadn’t seen Craig in years they were so excited to see him! I got to speak to Julie a bit and she is just so sweet and the kids are ADORABLE. My kids would not have handled being in the auction room as well as her’s did that is for sure!

Here is my friend Kat and I having fun at the auction.

20170601_112702_zpsbbse1crc.jpg

18835635_10154845322859615_3968415549010140192_n_zpslz5mojto.jpg

We met a few years ago at the Indiana Dis Meet (the last year that the DIS attended the event) and hit it off. We both live in Illinois (though they are on the Iowa side and we are on the Chicago side) so we have kept in touch via social media. We have went to the zoo together here in Illinois (during Halloween obviously)

14724511_10209103004545945_1055437326820689332_n_zps0sjka3zz.jpg

and we were able to meet up in WDW last July when we were there for our adult only trip.

19029179_10154869086799615_3941434306690385104_n_zpsglz9hv8j.jpg

They are wonderful people, and I was so glad that they would be there at the same time as I would. It really made me feel like I wasn’t alone.

I unfortunately didn’t win anything I was trying for. There were so many items! The energy was crazy in the room as the auction closed! But the best part was being in the room when they reached the $500,000 mark raised for GKTW. It was very emotional! I am very glad I decided to stick around instead of heading to Disney Springs early.

Kat’s husband surprised her at the end of the auction and he had won her the Star Wars Dooney! But the checkout process was a bit chaotic when the auction closed. Not everyone was getting invoices, etc. So I was worried that we wouldn’t make it to lunch on time. I left a message on Facebook for the group just in case.

After K&T paid for their purchases, we bid ado to the Boardwalk and drove to DS. We have never rented a car while at Disney, but this trip made me think twice about that. It was so convenient to have a car vs. Disney transportation!!!

We parked in the parking garage and headed to meetup with some great Disr’s at Art Smith’s Homecomin’. Disney Springs looked so different than it had the last time I had visited in 2015!

20170601_123657_zpstlnw5al9.jpg

20170601_123319_zpsrxsyvkyc.jpg

We ended up not being late after all, just very prompt. There was a large group of Disr’s gathered outside and we headed in. We had made the reservations in three groups, hoping that we could all get seated together or close. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Our group of 8 was seated on the patio (which concerned me at first, but it wasn’t too hot with the fans going). You could not beat the view!

20170601_131756_zpsfynq16yt.jpg

How beautiful is this?

20170601_131753_zpsaioapdqh.jpg

If you are following a few other trip reports on here like @TheMaxRebo you might have already saw this photo, but here was our group of 8:

18838930_10154845323219615_7877440630060722748_n_zps1vjo8jjt.jpg

Starting with me and heading counter-clockwise (because I go against the grain I guess) is: me, Kat, Tim, @TheMaxRebo , @Ravens girl , @GAN , @AMusicLifeForMe , and his father.

Our waiter was okay. I felt like we had a lot of waiting, during this meal. We waited quite awhile in between each interaction with our waiter… which really drew the meal out longer than it should have been. Luckily I had great company and drinks!

20170601_130407_zpsvsj87oss.jpg

I knew that I wanted to get a moonshine cocktail so I went with the Bootlegger.

20170601_131837_zpssqugelsg.jpg

It was good, but very strong. Zach’s dad cracked a joke that he didn’t think I was drinking it at all since I drank it so slow! I did drink an obscene amount of water.

I was so conflicted with what to order at this meal. I really wanted to try a few of the appetizers, but I felt I had to try the fried chicken… and I definitely wasn’t hungry enough to eat both. So I just went with the Art’s Famous Fried Chicken and I substituted the mac & cheese for the mashed potatoes.

20170601_134602_zpsx0a5r7cf.jpg

I was missing my cheddar biscuit, but got it a bit later. The mac & cheese was yummy, and the chicken was crispy, but to be honest I am not a bit chicken eater, so I regretted my decision. I should have ordered the deviled eggs and the fried green tomatoes in hindsight. This meal was HUGE and half of it was packed up.

The aftermath:

20170601_141545_zpszcurbben.jpg

Paying the bill took quite a while… some people’s were mixed up which took awhile to get straightened out. But eventually we all bid goodbye, although most of us would see each other again soon!

@TheMaxRebo graciously walked with me over to the Cherry Tree Lane since I didn’t know where it was. He was headed there to get his wife a Dooney and I was headed there to look at getting one for myself.

It took me way too long to decide which one to get! I wanted a small purse to use when I dress up, but not all of the designs were available in that size. I was sending my husband photos… because obviously I thought he could help me. Let me just say he wasn’t much help. LOL

It came down to this print that I almost purchased...

20170601_150315_zpsz6hnigi5.jpg

I was about to check out when I saw a small display in the middle of the store with the new sketch design and I was sold.

I loved the Donald on this one:

20170601_150031_zpsxyxyopbc.jpg

But I ended up with the design featuring my main mouse, Mickey!

20170531_164023_zpsko5wrxqz.jpg

The Disney Visa discount was nice, but I regret not getting my AP before this purchase because it would have saved another 10%.

Here is honestly the ONLY bad part of my day. I did not know they had closed the bus stop that was behind the Christmas store so I walked over there…. And it was closed. The walk to the other bus stop was completely across DS and it was HOT and I was tired of being in the sun.

20170601_152152_zpsuvmwllbw.jpg

20170601_152232_zpsr4kcggks.jpg

20170601_152234_zps1j7banor.jpg

20170601_152224_zps9lqaoimd.jpg

I really tried to enjoy the ambiance of Disney Springs, but I will be honest, I was miserable! It was SOOOOO hot. I finally made it to the bus stops only to learn that Pop's is a half mile away, then the bus took about a half hour to come. I literally felt like I could have walked back to Pop faster.

There were two ladies wearing DisUnplugged shirts on the bus, but I was so tired I didn’t even say hello until we arrived at Pop and were getting off the bus.

I trudged back to my room and collapsed! I had thought about making it to the meetup at Geyser Point, but there was NO WAY. I set my alarm and planned to get up in time to make it to Trader Sam’s.

Up next: My first trip to Trader Sam’s and The DIS 20th Party!!!

Last edited:
I loved meeting the team at the auction room! That is cool you got to see them filming!

Homecomin is really good. I sat at the bar when I ate there since I was solo. My mom wants that same Dooney print you got. She has like 5 Dooneys already though.

I loved meeting the team at the auction room! That is cool you got to see them filming!

It really was cool! They were all so nice and it was a great atmosphere.

Homecomin is really good. I sat at the bar when I ate there since I was solo. My mom wants that same Dooney print you got. She has like 5 Dooneys already though.

I really want to try eating there again, only this time I will get what I think I will like!!

I love the new Sketch print! This was my first Dooney, but I don't think it is my last!

Continuing to love your report, and got excited, feeling I was "there" for a lot of the meet ups. :) ROTFL at the picture of @TheMaxRebo clutching not his pearls, but his full belly @ Homecomin! :) @newmouse2008 looked GREAT, and I LOVED that shirt she was wearing!! I had a LONG walk in the old "Downtown Disney" last time I was there, in '12, due to the changes in boat docks/locations, and even though it was really hot/humid, it was only November, so I can't even IMAGINE what you went through! And since that's my last time there (at WDW altogether), I'm going to get lost anywhere and everywhere! :) I'm not a Dooney, or even a bag lover, but yours is really cute, hope you're enjoying it!

Nevertheless, I think that I woke up and glanced at the Facebook group and saw that @TheMaxRebo was doing a 5K around Pop and AoA. All the more power to him, I had a hard time just breathing in humidity, let along jog or run!

To be fair, I never said I was all that smart and I guess being at Disney makes you think you can do the impossible ;)

That's very cool you were in the auction room when it ended - I was just trying to follow along on the app and refresh and keep up with what I was bidding on - but being there for that and when they past $500k must have been very special! Glad you got to spend time there and some time with a number of of the Podcast team

There was a lot that sounded good on the menu at Homecoming ... in hindsight we should have ordered a few things and shared/did it like a buffet or something so we call could have tried a bunch of things. The meal really did drag on longer that I should have - but, like you said, at least we were with a good group to pass the time.

Glad you found a Dooney you liked - that was another print I was considering for my wife, but was afraid with the light color it would get dirty too fast - totally get why you got the one with Mickey but the one with Donald had him placed like perfectly on it!

Bummer about the extra walking you had to do - major bummer! Very glad you made it to Trader Sam's though!

:) ROTFL at the picture of @TheMaxRebo clutching not his pearls, but his full belly @ Homecomin
... there is a reason I ran the 5K before eating at Homecomon' ;)

There was a lot that sounded good on the menu at Homecoming ... in hindsight we should have ordered a few things and shared/did it like a buffet or something so we call could have tried a bunch of things.

I LOVE to eat this way, whether at WDW, or with a big group somewhere else. Not everybody appreciates this "try a bunch of stuff, and switching stuff from plate to plate", but for those that do - may I have a spot at your table, please? Have never done a formal "tapas" place, but I DEFINITELY see the appeal!

I am enjoying reading your TR. It was great having Dis meets and being at the Dis auction. Congrats to them for having a successful auction.
Your solo trip was fun and you did meet so many nice people.
I am impressed with all you do - a family, several jobs and school. Congrats to you. You can and will do well !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!