Party night - Narcoossee's or MK restaurant?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I posted this in the Halloween party thread and thought I would reach out here for advice as well. I am currently booked at Narcoossee's on 5:10 on my Halloween party night (Sept 13). Would you keep the reservation at Narcoossee's? It will be my first time there, and I think the menu looks basic but very good.

My other option would be to book a table service at MK - leaning towards Skipper Canteen (I really enjoyed it last time). Leaving aside the merits of Skipper Canteen, do you think Narcoossee's is worth the trip, particularly on a party night? I am concerned about timing - and I could save some $ by staying at MK.

Hi all,

I posted this in the Halloween party thread and thought I would reach out here for advice as well. I am currently booked at Narcoossee's on 5:10 on my Halloween party night (Sept 13). Would you keep the reservation at Narcoossee's? It will be my first time there, and I think the menu looks basic but very good.

My other option would be to book a table service at MK - leaning towards Skipper Canteen (I really enjoyed it last time). Leaving aside the merits of Skipper Canteen, do you think Narcoossee's is worth the trip, particularly on a party night? I am concerned about timing - and I could save some $ by staying at MK.

My thoughts would be to try and get Skipper Canteen for 4 or 4:30 so you don't miss much party time. If you plan to see characters, there may be lines you want to get in early!

On our party day we ate a late, big lunch (2:00) and then snacked at the party.

I would skip Narcoossee's and eat at Skipper Canteen. Not worth the trip over there and back when you could just stay in MK. It will be cheaper for sure and will save you a lot of precious party time.

I would either eat a late lunch outside of the park, an early dinner at 4 in the park, or just do counter service during the party. I would not waste party time eating outside the park.

I really like Narcoosee. I do think their menu is a little bland compared to some of the other Disney Signature restaurants, but that’s kind of why I like it. I go in knowing whatever I order is going to be cooked well and I will enjoy it. I have tried many adventurous things at other signatures and sometimes I wind up liking it, sometimes it’s a big disappointment. The cheesecake here is one of my favorite desserts anywhere, even outside Disney. I’m not a huge fan of rushing into MNSSHP right at 4, but I know I’m in the minority here. I think it gets really crowded in MK from 4-7 because all the non-party guests are still in the park. We’re going to a party next week and plan to have sushi at CA Grill lounge and then head over, so we will not be there right at 4. We’ve done this before and I don’t see it as a waste because nothing you’ve actually paid for at the party is happening before 7. 🤷🏻‍♀️ If you really want to eat at Narcoosee, I’d keep it.

Hi all,

I'd much rather eat at Narcoosee's. But, I think you have a time constraint if you keep that 5:10 PM on a party night. If it were me, I'd reluctantly give up that 5:10 in favor of something earlier. On party nights we tend to eat an early lunch somewhere, then just hit a counter service after we enter early. If we had a big lunch, we'll grab something small. That way we're not in a complete rush.

All of the replies are very helpful! I’m still conflicted, but am probably leaning closer to sticking to MK.

It’s not imperative that I’m prepped for party time at 4 - I’ve met all the high demand characters and have an AP so I’ll have been there all day. But I have three weeks to decide I guess!

Last time we went to the party, we opted for a dinner at the GF before heading into the park. I think we had a 4:30pm ADR and managed to get in a couple of rides in MK before the party officially started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter