Part I...7 days at HRH, guess what we did!!!

Sherrilatte

Bad to the Bone
We arrived in HRH on 6/6, wednesday evening and Mears was horrible, the dispatchers and drivers seemed wilted and burnout.(we also waited for over an hour). Thank goodness HRH and their staff was the complete opposite. The staff was very nice and attentive. We did get milk and cookies the the second evening of our stay, but they told us we were staying to long to get an upgrade. They did not have the availability for us over two days. But we didn't care. Besides, the front clerk made an honest effort to accomodate us and our room was the gardenview and it was beautiful. A front desk clerk name Ireland (also the guy featured in the hotel video onsite), told us that even though FOTL was still in effect. It was not "really" called that anymore. He said someone was suing US, because FOTL guest merged into lines with Express pass line and the suing party considered this false advertisement. I don't know if this rumor was true or not, but this maybe why it is being phased out. We ate latin quarters that night and unfortunately, there was no entertainment as they advertised it would be on their website, but the food was very good. I am still planning on sending an email to let them know that they need to keep their site current. Some travelers, such as us, do plan vacations around this information. While we were there, I had the grilled salmon salad, my son had the beef and chicken kabobs and we shared the "Tres Amigos appetizer". It was skewered jumbo shrimp, beef turnovers and a warm crabmeat paste or salad on plaintains. All the food was EXCELLENT!!! My son loved the virgin pina coladas too. After dinner, we just hung around in Citywalk and enjoyed two young MC's and their show where they ask people walking by to join in. These people, adults and children, found themselves dancing on stage to a reggae band. A couple of them were truly hams. After the show, they gave the audience coupons for freebees and two for one drinks and the participants some extra gifts too. It was very funny and they really did a good job entertaining the everyone. And for those with traveling with teens, they featured teen night at the Groove nightclub for 13-17 year olds. It think the charge was $10. We took the boat over to Citywalk and it would have been really nice if not for 2 obnoxious kids that I thought would eventually jump overboard if the boat had not docked soon, but around 10:30pm, we walked back and I enjoyed that stroll even more...Since we stayed HRH, but spent some of our vacation at WDW , I will talk about our experiences in segments...this ends Part I.:bounce:

Thanks for the report, Sherrilatte! Can't wait to read the rest...

Too bad about the Mears drivers. They should realize that they represent the FIRST faces we see when we arrive and that face SHOULD be pleasant. :rolleyes: I've had both and a nice driver is a pleasure.

Can't wait till you get to the parks!

7 days & counting for us, which includes 3 teens> do you remember what club you say the mc's in was it the groove club? my boys would love that. keep the info coming - were the parks open after 8?

Can't wait to hear more! Can't get enough info about HRH - leave in 9 days!:D

Thanks for the report! I wish we'd had a chance to go to the Latin Quarter!

Hi Sherri! Just wondering, did you have to have ressies at Latin Quarter? I am really anxious to try it. Sounds great!!

Kim

:wave: :wave: :wave:

robinrs...hopefully, I'll get better service next time from Mears, if I give them the chance. But they, by no means, put a damper on my fun!!!

pixiedustgal...I'll have part II up tomorrow. I'll be posting more info about the parks and HRH, hopefully some helpful, before you leave..:D

eliza4...the MC's were on an outside stage adjacent to the restaurants and nightclubs of Citywalk, the Groove is nightclub that caters to the younger set and they have Teen Night on Wednesdays. The MC's were also performing a stand up comedy act while engaging teens and young adults in outside games. Teens will have a blast. My son is 13 and he also loved playing in the arcade at NASCAR cafe, though we didn't eat there. Unfortunately, the parks closed at 7:00 every night I was there.

KimCon...Yes, I had ressies, but we were an hour late thanks to Mears, but we went right in and was seated with no wait, even though it was alot of people and service was fast and attentive. They did see our name on the list.

disneydeb...you would have loved latin quarters. The food was so healthy, filling and artfully presented. By the way, 7.6lbs!...you go girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter