Parks? What Parks? We're Here for the FOOD!**PICS!** COMPLETE!

Especially since, after reading my dining review, my DD15 has insisted that she is able to come along.

Isn't that the way it always goes :rolleyes1 DD14 couldn't get her roasted chicked at Brown Derby in December, the waitress convinced her to try the roasted rib pork chop and she's been a foodie ever since :laughing: The next day, DS11 tried a bite of the filet at LeCellier and now filet is his favorite food :rotfl2:

Sorry you didn't get to try the Tonga Toast :( It really is yummy! DH has been making it for me for years for my birthday breakfast ever since we had it on our honeymoon :cloud9:
If you get a chance on your next trip, try the fruit & cheese plate and the flatbreads at Artists' Palette at SSR, they're very good! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! :goodvibes

You were such a gracious hostess throughout your reviews! Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us!!! I really enjoyed reading along and viewing all the fantastic pictures!

I am sad it is all over I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to write it all up for us.

Kirsten

Oh!! You are so welcome. I had a blast posting all of this (even the embarassing stuff!);)

Thanks for taking the time to read all this nonsense!

Thank you for sharing your lovely reviews. I will enjoy being along for the ride next time you make the trip.

Laur's princess:
It may be awhile, but I will certainly do another dining report!
It's been a pleasure!

Thankyou for such fabulous reviews :goodvibes

Anytime! Thanks for reading!:)

I have really enjoyed reading your TR... It has really gotten me excited for the food we can look forward to when we go in October!

I am glad you had a great time!

Isn't that the way it always goes :rolleyes1 DD14 couldn't get her roasted chicked at Brown Derby in December, the waitress convinced her to try the roasted rib pork chop and she's been a foodie ever since :laughing: The next day, DS11 tried a bite of the filet at LeCellier and now filet is his favorite food :rotfl2:

Sorry you didn't get to try the Tonga Toast :( It really is yummy! DH has been making it for me for years for my birthday breakfast ever since we had it on our honeymoon :cloud9:
If you get a chance on your next trip, try the fruit & cheese plate and the flatbreads at Artists' Palette at SSR, they're very good! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wonderful reviews! :goodvibes

I WILL get the Tonga Toast next time... I feel like I'm missing out on something really important!

I really wanted to get over to the Palette last time, but never made it. I will try to make it a point in 2011! :worried:

I have really enjoyed reading your TR... It has really gotten me excited for the food we can look forward to when we go in October!

I am glad you had a great time!

Do you have any planned places yet?? Gonna write a review??:rolleyes1

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for the fantastic reviews.

Thanks! And thanks for checking it out!:dance3:

Do you have any planned places yet?? Gonna write a review??:rolleyes1

We have all our ADR's set up...

Some of the highlights:
Yak and Yeti
Le Chefs de France
Brown Derby
50's Prime Time Cafe
Spirit of Aloha Luau (DBF's Request)
Chef Mickeys
Cinderella's Castle
Sci-Fi Cafe

And of course I am going to write a review, but I hope mine is half as good as yours. :goodvibes

We have all our ADR's set up...

Some of the highlights:
Yak and Yeti
Le Chefs de France
Brown Derby
50's Prime Time Cafe
Spirit of Aloha Luau (DBF's Request)
Chef Mickeys
Cinderella's Castle
Sci-Fi Cafe

And of course I am going to write a review, but I hope mine is half as good as yours. :goodvibes

Geez, i don't think you'll have any trouble writing a review 1/2 as good as mine...

You have some places on your list I want to go and others that I can certainly give you a :thumbsup2 for selecting.

Yak and Yeti Wasn't finished when I was there, but it looks interesting!!!
Le Chefs de France -- I REALLY wanted to eat here, but ended up at Kona instead. I will TRY to get to it next time.
Brown Derby - I've lookede & looked at this menu and could never "get behind" it... Plus it's 2 credits... Never seemed worth it to me... Maybe you'll change my mind!!!
50's Prime Time Cafe - We had a BLAST when we went here - Big portions, homestyle food. Fun Fun Fun!!
Spirit of Aloha Luau (DBF's Request) - Never been here either -- looking forward to a GOOD review!;)
Chef Mickeys - LOVE LOVE LOVE chef mickey's - its one of the few buffets at the world I will eat. Are you doing breakfast, lunch or dinner? I love the energy & character interaction here!
Cinderella's Castle - always a crowd pleaser. same question as CM... BLD?
Sci-Fi Cafe - This is another restaruant on my must do list... It looks like so much fun!!!

I hope you have a GREAT trip! Can't wait to hear about it!!:hyper:

Ms. H (Janis)

Thomas chose the “Inspired by the Year of a Million Dreams” Honey Crunch Cake with Chantilly Cream, Oven-Roasted Golden Pineapple, and Crunch Candy Crumble. $10

Thomas LOVES pineapple so this again was a no-brainer for him. He really enjoyed this dessert. The cake was so light and sweet. It was airy and had a fabulous texture that the Chantilly cream gave to the dessert.. The crunchy bits on it were so good, too!

Oh my gosh! When i went to Disney in March I had this SAME THING! I thought it was the best!!! The crunchy honey comb part was my favorite! :cloud9:
I would love to eat this dessert again! :lovestruc

Thank you Mrs. H for your reviews! I really want to try V&A's chef's table sometime. I just need to get DH to stomach the $$$... We just got back from a week at Disney and will be back there in Sept for Free Dining! We are considering upgrading to the DDP, and after reading all your reviews, I think we just might.

Flying Fish is our favorite way to finish out the week! Its one of our favorite places to go!

I can't wait to try Kona! Sounds like a must try....

You have motivated me to do a review of all the places we go to eat! I told DH the title of your thread and he said that is exactly what our trip in Sept is for! We are AP this year and so we have been going almost every 2 months, so in Sept it will be all about the food and not so much the parks. Maybe to my DS4 it might be, but he will enjoy the breaks.

THANKS AGAIN!

I really enjoyed your reviews. Thanks so much for sharing. It was the next best thing to being there myself. :goodvibes

Jennifer

On our final morning, we got up, packed up, and loaded everything in the rental car. For our final meal at WDW, we decided to head over to the Poly to eat at Captain Cooks.

Cheese plate.

Note to self...order that cheese plate on next trip. Quite impressive for counter service! :thumbsup2 I would expect a couple slices of generic orange cheddar with some saltines....Way to go Captain Cook's.

Also nice to see that DH enjoyed the honey crunch cake at CG. DGF wants to order that one next time, too

Really enjoyed your reviews and great pictures! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! When i went to Disney in March I had this SAME THING! I thought it was the best!!! The crunchy honey comb part was my favorite! :cloud9:
I would love to eat this dessert again! :lovestruc

I knew we weren't the only ones to LOVE this dessert. It was one of THE best (non-chocolate) desserts of the whole trip.

Thank you Mrs. H for your reviews! I really want to try V&A's chef's table sometime. I just need to get DH to stomach the $$$... We just got back from a week at Disney and will be back there in Sept for Free Dining! We are considering upgrading to the DDP, and after reading all your reviews, I think we just might.

Flying Fish is our favorite way to finish out the week! Its one of our favorite places to go!

I can't wait to try Kona! Sounds like a must try....

You have motivated me to do a review of all the places we go to eat! I told DH the title of your thread and he said that is exactly what our trip in Sept is for! We are AP this year and so we have been going almost every 2 months, so in Sept it will be all about the food and not so much the parks. Maybe to my DS4 it might be, but he will enjoy the breaks.

THANKS AGAIN!

:goodvibes I love Disney food.... its the main reason DH has "converted" :lmao: sounds like your DH is the same way!

I hope you guys have a great trip! I wish we could go "every 2 months" I AM SOOO jealous!!

Thanks for sharing your great reviews with us!

You are welcome! Thanks for reading!!
I really enjoyed your reviews. Thanks so much for sharing. It was the next best thing to being there myself. :goodvibes

Jennifer
I wish I could be there again to write another!;)

Note to self...order that cheese plate on next trip. Quite impressive for counter service! :thumbsup2 I would expect a couple slices of generic orange cheddar with some saltines....Way to go Captain Cook's.

Also nice to see that DH enjoyed the honey crunch cake at CG. DGF wants to order that one next time, too

Really enjoyed your reviews and great pictures! :goodvibes
Thanks for the compliment... I so totally agree about the cheese plate. I was astounded at the cheese/fruit/nuts in it. A+ to Captain Cooks!!

Of course I highly recommend the honey crunch cake. It is phenomenal. Your DGF will Love it!!

I really enjoyed reading your reviews, too. You and DGF sound like a TON of fun! Have a great trip (upcoming)! Can't wait to read about the next one!

Ms. H

Hi
Thanks for all of your reviews and pictures of your meals. They were so helpful. I have now added beignets and the No Way Jose to my list of snacks to try due to your reviews.

Hi
Thanks for all of your reviews and pictures of your meals. They were so helpful. I have now added beignets and the No Way Jose to my list of snacks to try due to your reviews.

You won't be disappointed in EITHER of these YUMMY choices. :thumbsup2

I am a sweet-aholic, so I LOVED them both. I think I have to give the slight edge to the No Way Jose, but only because it is ice cream! The beignets had a slight edge because of cost (cheaper) but in the end I am an ice cream fiend!::yes::

Have a great trip!

Loved your Food TR! We're going in 2 weeks, and I was looking for a few new places to go to - and yours was the perfect one to read!!

I'm glad you had a great time! Thanks for posting!

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pictures. :) I really enjoyed them. I hope to visit V & A's sometime...it sounds like a great experience. My husband and I try to visit new restaurants and do different things each time we go and you have given my some good ideas! Thanks again.

I would also like to say a big 'thank you' for your wonderful food reviews and photos!

We are going to WDW in August and we are getting very excited!:banana:

I love seeing the restaurants and looking at all the food:

We have ADRs at:
Liberty tree Tavern
Tusker House
Coral Reef
Sci-fi diner
California Grill (returning to the scene of my best meal in the world ever - this time taking kids with us!)
Ohana breakfast
Whispering Cafe
Boma
Artist Point
Le Cellier
Narcosses

Wow! That looks like a lot of food! And that's without CS too!

Thanks again for wonderful writing! It may even have inspired me!!...:eek:

Loved your Food TR! We're going in 2 weeks, and I was looking for a few new places to go to - and yours was the perfect one to read!!

I'm glad you had a great time! Thanks for posting!

Oh! Thanks!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation. I hope i get to hear about your dining experience there!

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pictures. :) I really enjoyed them. I hope to visit V & A's sometime...it sounds like a great experience. My husband and I try to visit new restaurants and do different things each time we go and you have given my some good ideas! Thanks again.
We love to try new things too, so I think you will love it. V&A's is certainly worth the $$.
Thanks for reading!

I would also like to say a big 'thank you' for your wonderful food reviews and photos!

We are going to WDW in August and we are getting very excited!:banana:

I love seeing the restaurants and looking at all the food:

We have ADRs at:
Liberty tree Tavern
Tusker House
Coral Reef
Sci-fi diner
California Grill (returning to the scene of my best meal in the world ever - this time taking kids with us!)
Ohana breakfast
Whispering Cafe
Boma
Artist Point
Le Cellier
Narcosses

Wow! That looks like a lot of food! And that's without CS too!

Thanks again for wonderful writing! It may even have inspired me!!...:eek:

We've been to Liberty Tree, California Grill (obviously), Whispering Canyon, and Le Cellier. (We've been to Coral Reef (this review), but for a special occasion NOT a meal)

The only one we didn't really like was Whispering Canyon. I think it was more what I ordered than the actual restaurant. Our waiter wasn't very playful and the hijinx just made me headachy. I think that quick review is based on the writer NOT on the location. :rolleyes1 We had had a LOOOONNNNGGG day and were tired. Would I try it again... Maybe. There are just so many other places we like to go!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fun vacation!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter