Parking??

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by lconn, Nov 10, 2018 at 2:33 PM.

1. lconn

lconn Earning My Ears

We have only ever stayed within walking distance of the park. Do you guys have any tips or advice on how to deal with parking? I have no clue about how it works or how to factor that into our day. We’re just going for one day next Friday.

2. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SmallWorldSoCal

SmallWorldSoCal Earning My Ears

Super easy from Mickey & Friends parking structure. You can take a tram or walk over! The lines to get into the garage are pretty long, so arrive early. They open the garage an hour before posted park opening.

Toy Story Lot is a pain in the butt!!!

5. tarheelalum

tarheelalum DIS Veteran

Dealing with the tram is a pain to me. Especially as we get closer to the holidays. The line to get into Mickey and Friends backs up sometimes so they redirect the traffic to other lots and that is a huge pain. To avoid that during the holidays I park at Toy Story and take the bus when I'm driving. But during normal days Mickey and Friends is not that bad. But I still prefer riding the bus over the tram. It seems faster to me.

6. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

How many people are in your group and what are the ages? If you aren't a huge group and car seats aren't involved, you might consider Uber/Lyft for drop off/pick up to the parks. Parking will be $20/day plus the extra time for getting to and into the lot, finding a space, going through security, etc. If Uber/Lyft won't be much more than the parking fee, it might be worth the convenience and time saving. You can be dropped off at the Harbor drop off lot or at the DTD lot.

smartlabelprint likes this.
  7. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

My recommendation if going to uber/lyft route is to get dropped of at DTD so you an avoid the potential mess at the harbor security gates.

smartlabelprint likes this.