Parking ??

angfarw

Earning My Ears
Newbie here!

Boy oh boy! We are planning on going Feb 23 - Feb 27, and we are staying at SOG! I noticed that it is by MK. My question is do you drive through the other parks to get to it, is the parking lot behind the hotel, and do you have to pay for parking?

Welcome to the boards! Yes, SOG is near MK, it's pretty much across the road from the TTC where you can catch the monorail. No, you don't drive thru a park to get to your resort. Actually. You can't drive thru any park, but there are lots of roads.
I don't know anything about SOG, or if they have paid parking. Sorry. Also not sure if SOG guests have to pay for parking at the parks. Those who stay at wdw owned resorts get free parking.
Hope someone comes along to give you some more info.

I have read that some SOG guests walk over to the TTC to get the monorail to either MK or Epcot.

It might be helpful to Google WDW map to give you an idea of the layout.

Lol, I didn't figure I would have to literally drive through it! What I meant was that on the map it looks like SOG is off of Floridian Way which is off of World Dr. World Dr looks to go right in between some resorts and even the speedway. I don't see any other Roads, just wondering if these were the ones we take. But it's ok, I'll just google the directions and see. Thank you anyways.

Lol, I didn't figure I would have to literally drive through it! What I meant was that on the map it looks like SOG is off of Floridian Way which is off of World Dr. World Dr looks to go right in between some resorts and even the speedway. I don't see any other Roads, just wondering if these were the ones we take. But it's ok, I'll just google the directions and see. Thank you anyways.

pretty sure you'll have to go through the MK parking toll gate. tell them you are staying at the SOG and stay right (on World Dr) rather than turning into the parking area.

then turn left on seven seas drive and right on floridian way to get to SOG.

google map

There are lots of signs to get you to SOG, but yes, it's over near Poly/Grand Floridian, thru the MK toll plaza. When you go through the toll plaza, bear to the right lines and tell the Cast Member you are checking in at SOG. You do have to pay to park at SOG. You show them a mil ID to get on the hotel property, then there's a big parking garage. Parking per day is $5/day at SOG (per their website). You get Extra Magic Hours and package delivery (e.g. you buy something at Epcot, it gets taken to SOG for you) at SOG, but not free parking at the different parks. SOG has shuttles you can take, or you just walk over to the Poly (monorail to MK) or TTC and go wherever you need. You can also buy whatever tickets you need there at SOG. The Disney Salutes will be cheapest there (or at your base ITT), since you don't pay tax. If purchased at Disney (not at SOG) you'll have to pay tax. Have fun!

Sweet! Thank you so much for all the info. It helped to clear a lot of questions! Looking forward to seeing my kids'faces, for sure!

It's been a few years since we stayed at Shades of Green but we just walked over to the Polynesian and used that transportation - especially for Magic Kingdom.

It's not recommended to drive when going to Magic Kingdom as you have to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center and then either take the ferry boat or the monorail over to Magic Kingdom. In your case, it would be much simpler to walk to the Polynesian and pick up the monorail there. Or use one of their smaller boats.

Also, for Epcot, you can walk to the Polynesian and take the short path over to the Transportation and Ticket Center and get a monorail to Epcot.

Disney World is HUGE - Like Major City Huge - It is about the size of San Francisco.

You may want to purchase a guide book such as Unofficial Guide or Passporter. EasyWDW is a very good, fun, free online resource.

My best advice is you cannot do everything! Figure out what are your "must dos" for you and your family and focus on that.

Have a great vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter