Parking at the terminal in Galveston

oklamomof4boys

DIS Veteran
When we have sailed out of Florida sometimes it took a very long time to catch the shuttle back to the hotel after the cruise. We are sailing out of Galveston in March. Is there someplace to park where we can just walk to the terminal?

This is the number of the parking garage I'm using in January, give them a call. It's suppose to be across the street form the terminal.

409 789 0059

The last time we cruised out of Galveston, there wasn't a parking garage near. Of course things change and it's been a few years. I've asked a couple of friends on Facebook because I'd prefer to park in a garage than the fenced area near the port.

Edited ;)
I did look at the link and I see one is listed. That's good news.

The parking on Galveston.com now has parking showing for 3/19. We just prebooked the lighthouse last night. The park cruise is not booking for Disnet..it is the one across the street. Oklamom...looks like we are on the same cruise.

This is directly across from the terminal and (I believe) very reasonably priced. It has both covered and outdoor parking and looks like they have the new dates for DCL on their calendars.

www.galvestonparkncruise.com/

We are using them this Saturday so will try to report back when we get home. We go to Galveston quite a bit and it looks very save - very high fences for outdoor, solid metal warehouse type buildingf for indoor. They are so close they don't even need shuttle service! You drop off your stuff, go park and walk right across the street to the terminal!

HTH

Terri

ETA: looks like they have the dates on the calendar but say 'sold out'. More likely, they aren't taking ressies yet. Will investigate Saturday and get back to you!

When I first booked our cruise I reserved a parking spot at Galveston Park n cruise, about a month after I received an email saying they no longer had room for my car and were refunding my money. I found a spot with BOI, hopefully the same doesn't happen.

We used lighthouse parking in Galveston. All spaces are covered and the lot is also fenced and elevated.

We just used Galveston park-n-cruise this past week. I dropped everyone and the luggage off at the terminal and then drove directly across the street dropped the car off and then walked back. They do not have a shuttle but I didn't need one, just took the short walk back. Very convenient.

We're signed up with Discount Cruise Parking. $60 for our eight-night cruise. I used a discount code, if you email them they may still have it available. They are a little bit away from the port terminal but have a free shuttle.

Something very fishy is going on! I recommended the Galveston Park'n'Cruise parking because they are so convenient to Terminal 2, where DCL docks. Someone reported they were sold out for Spring 2013. I thought to myself "Huh?!?!They are huge! All one story buildings, but several warehouses with parking in buildings and in between. How can they be sold out?" So being the nosey ... errr, inquisitive :upsidedow person that I am, I checked several dates and, it does, in fact say "Sorry. Sold Out." (paraphrased :p). But! I found that weird, too, so I started typing in random dates and random cruiselines, and ALL the DCL ones came back "Sorry. Sold Out." ALL the other cruiselines came back with availibility on every date. Christmas. Thanksgiving. Spring Break. DCL was "Sorry. Sold Out." EVERY other line was "Which parking would you prefer?"

I find this really bizarre. Any ideas of what is going on?:confused3

OH! and jrl153 - sorry I doubted you!!!!! :goodvibes

2boogersmom said:
Something very fishy is going on! I recommended the Galveston Park'n'Cruise parking because they are so convenient to Terminal 2, where DCL docks. Someone reported they were sold out for Spring 2013. I thought to myself "Huh?!?!They are huge! All one story buildings, but several warehouses with parking in buildings and in between. How can they be sold out?" So being the nosey ... errr, inquisitive :upsidedow person that I am, I checked several dates and, it does, in fact say "Sorry. Sold Out." (paraphrased :p). But! I found that weird, too, so I started typing in random dates and random cruiselines, and ALL the DCL ones came back "Sorry. Sold Out." ALL the other cruiselines came back with availibility on every date. Christmas. Thanksgiving. Spring Break. DCL was "Sorry. Sold Out." EVERY other line was "Which parking would you prefer?"

I noticed this as well when I was checking yesterday. Do they have to know what ship you're on? Couldn't we just say Carnival? It just seems really convenient to the terminal and a plus for me is not having to wait on a shuttle.

no worries:thumbsup2. I found it strange as well and did the exact same thing you did. I don't understand how at first they had room, charged my Amex, then suddenly had no room.

I noticed this as well when I was checking yesterday. Do they have to know what ship you're on? Couldn't we just say Carnival? It just seems really convenient to the terminal and a plus for me is not having to wait on a shuttle.

I don't think that would work. The 7 night Carnival Cruises run Sunday-Sunday. DCL does not.

I also booked with Galveston Park & Cruise back in July, last month they cancelled my reservation and refunded the $. Their email stated it was due to demand - and that they would not be accepting any reservations for Disney cruises starting with November.

I am seriously leaning toward BOI as well... loads of good reviews on other cruise forums.. and I like that you can call them from customs and they will have your car waiting. To me, that's worth the 65 bucks.

We're using BOI Valet for our end of November cruise. I had heard of the issues with Park N Cruise not wanting DCL money, so thought I'd try out BOI. Hopefully it will go well. My hubby's happy about covered valet parking for his mercedes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter