Parking at the Polynesian -- Ohana for dinner and planning to stay and watch fireworks

kathy884

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to get online at 6 a.m. EST 60 days in advance which will be Dec. 6th to book a dinner reservation at Ohana for Feb. 4th, when I will be in Orlando. I'm not doing any Disney parks on this super quick visit, just going to the Polynesian for dinner / fireworks and SeaWorld the next day. I'm staying with my nephew who lives in Orlando, so I will be offsite.

Anyway, how does parking work when you have a dinner reservation these days? It's been a long time. I am going to try for a 6 p.m. reservation and would like to stay after to watch fireworks from the resort. I think they used to give you a three hour window to park for free with a dining reservation last time I was there. What are they doing now? And if it's still a three hour window, how does that work if I stay longer? Do I just have to pay a a parking charge? Thanks so much.

Can't wait to get back to the Polynesian and have dinner there. The place has a lot of nostalgia for me. I first dined there back in 1972 when the restaurant was called the Papeete Bay Verandah. I've always loved the Polynesian.

I'm planning to get online at 6 a.m. EST 60 days in advance which will be Dec. 6th to book a dinner reservation at Ohana for Feb. 4th, when I will be in Orlando. I'm not doing any Disney parks on this super quick visit, just going to the Polynesian for dinner / fireworks and SeaWorld the next day. I'm staying with my nephew who lives in Orlando, so I will be offsite.

Anyway, how does parking work when you have a dinner reservation these days? It's been a long time. I am going to try for a 6 p.m. reservation and would like to stay after to watch fireworks from the resort. I think they used to give you a three hour window to park for free with a dining reservation last time I was there. What are they doing now? And if it's still a three hour window, how does that work if I stay longer? Do I just have to pay a a parking charge? Thanks so much.

Can't wait to get back to the Polynesian and have dinner there. The place has a lot of nostalgia for me. I first dined there back in 1972 when the restaurant was called the Papeete Bay Verandah. I've always loved the Polynesian.
You shouldn’t have an issue staying for the fireworks. There isn’t a stated time limit on Disneys website. People claim 2 or 3 hours is the limit, but your car blends in with others staying there overnight and they don’t use parking passes.

You'll have no issues if you eat and leave on the same day. We always drive to the Contemporary to have breakfast at Steakhouse 71 in the morning and walk to the Magic Kingdom after. We stay until lunch time and walk back to Contemporary and leave from there. Done the same thing at Cape May for Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter