Parking at Port Canaveral

JLMommy

Mouseketeer
We did our online check-in last week and scored an 11:00-11:30 port arrival time. We will have a rental car with us that we will drive to the port. What are we looking at in terms of parking fees for a four night cruise.

We are staying overnight at the Marriott Port Canaveral but their bus doesn't leave until 11:30 i think which is too late...

We did our online check-in last week and scored an 11:00-11:30 port arrival time. We will have a rental car with us that we will drive to the port. What are we looking at in terms of parking fees for a four night cruise.

We are staying overnight at the Marriott Port Canaveral but their bus doesn't leave until 11:30 i think which is too late...

This is from the DCL website:

Parking
The parking facility is staffed from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for Guests parking their vehicles prior to embarking the ship. The parking lot and garage are paved, gated and under 24-hour surveillance.

Parking fees are charged when Guests depart the parking facility instead of upon entry. Parking attendants will provide a hang tag to the Guests upon entry of the parking facility. At the end of the cruise, Guests will present the hang tag to the parking attendant and pay the parking fees at that time.

Guests are charged for every day their vehicle is in the lot/garage, which includes the day of arrival and the day of departure from the cruise.

Parking costs are based on cruise itinerary. See below:
•$60.00 per parking space for the 3-night cruise
•$75.00 per parking space for the 4-night cruise
•$90.00 per parking space for the 5-night cruise
•$105.00 per parking space for the 6-night cruise
•$120.00 per parking space for the 7-night cruise

If the Guest's vehicle takes up more than one parking space (i.e. RV, trailer), the guest is charged $15.00 per additional parking space per day.

Preferred parking is also available for $25.00 per day. The preferred parking area is located inside the secured area, next to the vehicle dropoff area.

Guests enter via the car gate, drop off their luggage and then make a left turn in to the preferred parking area. There are total of 113 spaces, including 6 accessible spaces. Parking in the preferred area is on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the size of the lot, there is no over-sized vehicle parking available in the preferred parking area.

The Port Canaveral Port Authority operates the parking facility. Cash, Visa and MasterCard are the only acceptable forms of payment. Personal checks are not accepted.

Rates are subject to change without notice.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/bahamas/ports/port-canaveral-florida/departure-port-information/

Why not consider doing a 1-way rental and turn your car in before you cruise, but after you drop off the luggage? Then simply have a second reservation for when you return. We always have two one-way reservations, one for getting to the port and one for our return to WDW. It may take a little longer to get on the road the morning of our return, but at least we aren't paying for parking on top of the rental charges.

Or you can stay 25 minutes from the port at the Fairfeild Inn by Marriott in Titusville right off of I-95 and get 40% off of parking at the port coupon. We paid 9$ a day for our four night dream cruise two weeks ago, $36 bucks and we were on the road home.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Freee Breakfast too at the Hotel:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Or you can stay 25 minutes from the port at the Fairfeild Inn by Marriott in Titusville right off of I-95 and get 40% off of parking at the port coupon. We paid 9$ a day for our four night dream cruise two weeks ago, $36 bucks and we were on the road home.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Freee Breakfast too at the Hotel:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Wow! That's a great deal. Will have to talk to DH about that. Now is that a limited time thing or is that a year round special offered by the hotel?

ETA: Our hotel stay is free as we collect Marriott rewards points. I'm thinking they may not give us that rate if we don't pay for the night.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...n-and-suites-titusville-kennedy-space-center/

Cruise Promo Package at Titusville Port Canaveral, Florida
Enjoy great sights with this Cruise Promo package!
Rates from: $84
Valid Through: December 19, 2013
Corporate/promotional code: QZR
According to the hotel website, this promotion is not available using Marriott Rewards Points

What's this?

Port Canaveral Cruise guests enjoy 15 percent off room rate and 40 percent off Port Canaveral on-Port parking.

Hotel is 20 minutes north of Port Canaveral just off I-95 Exit #215, making it a quick drive with no traffic lights to the Port.

Reservations
Be sure that promotional code QZR appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-228-9290 in the US and ask for promotional code QZR. For toll-free numbers outside the US please click here.

Terms and Conditions
Valid seven days a week through 12/19/13. Valid proof of Port Canaveral cruise required at check-in (boarding pass or ship luggage tags with date). Official Port-issued parking voucher will be presented to guest at check-in. Limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Tax is additional. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions. Blackout dates may apply. Advance reservations required. Other restrictions apply. Rates are per room, per night and based on availability at the time of reservations.

How about handicap parking? Still easier to unload at curb and then park? Free?

Accessible parking is available at Port Canaveral with the appropriate hangtag or license plate. It is very convenient.

Permitted parking is NOT FREE unless your vehicle is modified. For example hand controls, a ramp or a chair lift or if you already have the Florida Toll Exemption Permit. See the information on their website.

The only Florida port I know of currently offering free accessible parking with just a hangtag or plate is PortMiami.

Accessible parking is available at Port Canaveral with the appropriate hangtag or license plate. It is very convenient.

Permitted parking is NOT FREE unless your vehicle is modified. For example hand controls, a ramp or a chair lift or if you already have the Florida Toll Exemption Permit. See the information on their website.

The only Florida port I know of currently offering free accessible parking with just a hangtag or plate is PortMiami.
Thank you for the link. Our van does have modifications, so I'll follow the instructions on the page.

Thank you for the link. Our van does have modifications, so I'll follow the instructions on the page.

Then you are all set! On the way in there will be many people to direct you. They have a small lot right next to the garage, directly across from the entrance that has accessible parking. There are elevators once you get inside and through the security screening to get up to the check-in desks.

You'll show your exemption form on the way out of the parking lot after your cruise is over.

Bon Voyage!

Wow! That's a great deal. Will have to talk to DH about that. Now is that a limited time thing or is that a year round special offered by the hotel?

ETA: Our hotel stay is free as we collect Marriott rewards points. I'm thinking they may not give us that rate if we don't pay for the night.

It is a continous promotiom, the 40% discount from what I understand is offered by the Port and not the hotel, several hotels participate in this deal. So whether your hotel is "free" or not dopes nto have any bearing on this deal.

The Port offers this deal as a way to get more people to aprk at the Port rather than all these other lots or hotel stay and park offers.

Hmmmmmm. Perhaps the port should just lower there regular rate to get more people to park there? Lol

It is a continous promotiom, the 40% discount from what I understand is offered by the Port and not the hotel, several hotels participate in this deal. So whether your hotel is "free" or not dopes nto have any bearing on this deal.

The Port offers this deal as a way to get more people to aprk at the Port rather than all these other lots or hotel stay and park offers.
Unfortunately you are incorrect, since you cannot combine this offer with any other 'discounts or offers'. Technically, when booking a room using Marriott Rewards points, you are taking advantage of an offer in the booking system, since the points actually use a corporate code. When making a online reservation, if you check the box to use Reward Points, all other Corporate codes are removed. Sorry, but I tried to use the code while booking with points (yep, we're Marriott Reward members, too) and it just doesn't work.

You might have better luck if you try to get a reservation by phone, but I think it's unlikely.

I just called Fairfield Inns in Titusville and ask about booking with them and the 40% off coupon for Port Canaveral parking. I ask if I had to book thru Marriott or could I go thru Hotels.com,Priceline,etc.... to recieve the 40% off coupon. The lady at the desk told me that I could recieve the coupon no matter whom I booked the room thru. I would recieve a coupon just as long as I stayed there.

yes the lot is secure

How are the lines for the shuttle when you arrive back at the port? One reason we are not doing two one-way car rentals is because we would like to get on the road quickly and have heard horror stories about the lines for the car rental shuttles...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter