Parking at Grand Floridian for breakfast reservation? Park planning question

punkin

<font color=purple>Went through pain just to look
So my original idea was to rope drop Magic Kingdom, but we a re staying off site and that puts us way behind the resort guests. My new plan is to rope drop Epcot that day instead. I'm thinking of doing a breakfast reservation at the GF and taking it easy in the morning. Maybe do a monorail loop around the resorts and then be at Epcot for 11 am rope drop. My question is what do I do with the car? I'm assuming I can Valet it at GF (I hate their self parking), but can I leave it there for the whole day while we do Epcot (I'm assuming until close of Park at this point)? I would hate to pay valet for the day and then have to pay for parking again at Epcot the same day. Any suggestions?

Not sure when your trip is but I don't believe valet parking is currently available and the Epcot monorail is not currently running. Your best bet would be to Uber to GF then take a bus to Epcot (or monorail if it starts back up).

We are going end of July. I guess a lot can change but then. This is just too annoying. I didn't realize about vallet. Can I still park in the self park lot if I have a reservation? I guess in that case we coukd just drive to Epcot and not worry about the monorail.

We are going end of July. I guess a lot can change but then. This is just too annoying. I didn't realize about vallet. Can I still park in the self park lot if I have a reservation? I guess in that case we coukd just drive to Epcot and not worry about the monorail.
Yes - you can park at GF if you have a reservation but as you said, you'd have to then drive your car over to Epcot.

I really may need to rethink this again. 🤔😪

As previously mentioned, the Epcot monorail is not running yet, and there isn't a date announced for restarting; my guess is that it won't happen this summer. But, even with the Epcot monorail running, it is much faster to self-drive to Epcot from the MK area than to take the buses or take the resort monorail to TTC and then switch to the Epcot monorail. Much faster. You can self-park for your breakfast reservation at GC for free and just drive over to Epcot when you are finished.

Is self park still across the road at GF? I hate that but what can you do? How many hours of parking do I get for breakfast? And I can drop people off at the front and then go park, right? I've never done this before.

Not sure when your trip is but I don't believe valet parking is currently available and the Epcot monorail is not currently running. Your best bet would be to Uber to GF then take a bus to Epcot (or monorail if it starts back up).

Valet parking has returned!! 🙂 Announcement was made back in May HERE.

Dining at a resort allows you to park there for a couple of hours but does not allow you to leave your car there to go to a park.
I understand that. I'm just thinking if I have an 8:05 reservation at the cafe and I have to drive to Epcot for an 11 am rope drop, I might have time after breakfast to spend at the resort or maybe even take the resort monorail loop all the way around just for fun. I'm not trying to skirt around any rules. I'm trying to figure out what's permissible.

I understand that. I'm just thinking if I have an 8:05 reservation at the cafe and I have to drive to Epcot for an 11 am rope drop, I might have time after breakfast to spend at the resort or maybe even take the resort monorail loop all the way around just for fun. I'm not trying to skirt around any rules. I'm trying to figure out what's permissible.
Technically, you have up to 3 hours while dining and visiting the resort. You are not supposed to leave your vehicle parked there while going elsewhere. So as long as you are exploring the GF after eating, you're fine. Once you board the monorail or walk to another location you've entered a gray area. That being said, I don't know how they could tell as long as you move your car before the 3 hours is up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter