Parking at BWV??

AR81

DIS Veteran
We were considering renting points for a studio for our trip this summer. Dates are not finalized yet but more than likely will be the first of June. I am really intrigued/interested in BWV. At first, I thought BCV would be our likely choice over BWV but after all the not so stellar reviews of the condition of a lot of the BCV rooms I am leaning more towards BWV. It seems like a real fun resort with the clown slide, community hall, boardwalk entertainment, etc... The only negative thing I always read is the bus service. And I guess that would go for BCV as well. We are considering driving to save money so we will have our own car. How is the parking at BWV? From the maps and pictures, it appears that the self-parking lots are really far away from the resort. I wouldn't know because I have never been there. It looks like it is over some type of bridge/canal? I guess I am looking for any advice or experiences from people that usually have their own car at BW. Is it more than a hassle than the buses? We would obviously only drive when going to MK, AK, DTD & the water parks....

There are three self parking lots associated with the Boardwalk Resort and Villas. The closest one is across from the convention center and bus stops. The second lot is across the "canal" and the third is behind the Hess Station. Usually if you're a guest of the resort you can park in the close lot, but if there is a big convention occurring, that might use up the lot and you'll end up having to walk. Parking is not the greatest, but I wouldn't let that stop me from staying at BWV. I love the proximity to Epcot and DHS.

The convention center-- Isn't that on the opposite side of the BWVs?

AR81 said:
The convention center-- Isn't that on the opposite side of the BWVs?

Yes, the convention center is on the BWI side of the resort, however that is where the bus stops are located. I think you can park in southern lot and get into the BWV side of the resort using your key card at one of the side entrances. However, I usually park in the northern lot and then walk though the lobby to get to the room.

Just for reference, the distance from the valet station to the nearest walking entrance to the parking lot (either one) is about 250 yards, so it's not really that far.

I generally drive from the BW to the parks and DTD, except I take the bus to MK. Parking for the MK is at the TTC, so you still have to take a ferry or the monorail to the MK. Coming back, the bus generally is shared with S/D.

The main issue I have with the self parking at BWV is that it's long enough (and uphill to the lobby) that taking my own luggage in is difficult. So I usually have to use bell services (which I don't do any any other Disney resort). But to just walk back and forth to the car, it's not a big deal.

If you go to the ground floor, there is an entrance/exit door from the villas to a sidewalk that is right across from the bus stop area. It's just a short turn to the right across the canal to the closest parking lot. It might take a couple minutes longer to get to the car than it does to the bus stop.

I find the parking at BWV to be the deal breaker for us. Not a great fan of BWV because of all the action. We did stay there once and the villa itself was fine. We had a view of Luna Park which was fine. But parking is horrendous. It's a hike to and from your car everytime you use it. The time we stayed there DVC member still had free valet parking, but that is no more.

BCV is way more friendly for drivers. You can park close to the villas and there is an elevator close to the parking lot. And there is no problem with the villas themselves. They are themed differently from the BC, just like the BWV are themed differently from BWI. No duvets, fluffy bedspreads instead with a decor like grandma's favorite beach resort. Not antique, not outdated, just themed.

BCV is way more friendly for drivers. You can park close to the villas and there is an elevator close to the parking lot. And there is no problem with the villas themselves. They are themed differently from the BC, just like the BWV are themed differently from BWI. No duvets, fluffy bedspreads instead with a decor like grandma's favorite beach resort. Not antique, not outdated, just themed.

This is true about parking. I was at BCV last month, and it was nice to grab a space close to the side door and be able to just go in and out easily.

I don't know if BCV has any refurbishing scheduled or not. They were installing new mattresses when I was there, but the sofa bed in my villa was definitely in need of replacement as well. Everything else was in good shape though.

Really, the BCV and BWV villas are extremely similar, down to both being decorated with pastel colors. There are just slight differences in decor.

I do prefer BWV in December though, because I usually walk to the parks when the weather is cooler and BWV is more centrally located between Epcot and DHS. But I usually stay at BCV in September, so I get plenty of time in both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter