parking at Bon Voyage brunch at the Boardwalk... then taking the gondolas

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
We are staying off property, but have a reservation for the Bon Voyage breakfast at the Boardwalk. Will parking be a problem? I read you get a three hour parking pass. We plan to park, have breakfast, then if we have time, ride the gondolas over to AoA to see the resort. Any issues with that plan?

I can tell you that in 35 years of visiting WDW and parking at nearly all of the resorts, I have never seen a three hour parking pass. That includes Boardwalk (during Food and Wine) and the Grand Floridian. Others have reported getting such passes. I suspect it depends on the time of year you visit or on whether something special is going on at the resort - if it's during the busiest times of the year, Disney may limit parking at the most crowded resorts. Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to plan and if you ask Disney, they will just give you the usual answer that cast members try to give everyone a magical experience, but have discretion to act based on Disney's "business needs." Based on my experiences, I don't think your plan will be a problem unless you are visiting at a time when crowds are at the highest levels.

The only problem I see with it is that parking at BW is very limited so it's often hard for people staying there to find a space. If it's early in the morning and there seem to be plenty of spaces available, I wouldn't see a problem since most people staying have either come or gone at that time of the day.

We did get a three hour pass at the GF a few years ago. The time we arrived was noted and a sign was placed on our dashboard.
We visit in May and October/November, so that may make a difference. Unless of course there is some special event at the resort - that can happen anytime. We had a dinner reservation at Narcoossee's in late October this year and the security guard just scanned our Magicband and directed us to self-parking. Most of our non-DS dinners are in the resorts so I'm surprised we have never seen one of these passes.

I can tell you that in 35 years of visiting WDW and parking at nearly all of the resorts, I have never seen a three hour parking pass.
Last time I Valet parked at GF, there was a timer ticket on my dashboard when I got the car back.

Parking at a resort is for resort guests, including overnight, dining, and retail guests. Once the latter two have completed their transactions, they are no longer guests of that resort.

Disney advises/"strongly recommends" that guests (including onsite) not staying at one of the four Skyliner resorts, park at Disney Hollywood Studios to access it.

Last time I Valet parked at GF, there was a timer ticket on my dashboard when I got the car back.

Parking at a resort is for resort guests, including overnight, dining, and retail guests. Once the latter two have completed their transactions, they are no longer guests of that resort.

Disney advises/"strongly recommends" that guests (including onsite) not staying at one of the four Skyliner resorts, park at Disney Hollywood Studios to access it.
The valet gave you a time limit? Now that’s something I’ve never heard before. Maybe they were just noting the time for their own records?

The valet gave you a time limit? Now that’s something I’ve never heard before. Maybe they were just noting the time for their own records?
absolutely possible. I was surprised, but I was already in the car when I noticed it. Wasn't abusing anything, I had Tea before my flight departed.

absolutely possible. I was surprised, but I was already in the car when I noticed it. Wasn't abusing anything, I had Tea before my flight departed.
When you left your car with the valet they told you that you could leave it for how long? Was it complimentary valet like with Highway in the Sky or with the TIW card? Not that it has anything to do with OP’s question but it seems strange.

Last edited:
Valet parking is until the end of the day unless the valet himself tells you otherwise when you first meet him. It would not be reasonable to expect that free valet parking to go with a meal will be free all day.

Last edited:
Valet parking is until the end of the day unless the valet himself tells you otherwise when you first meet him. It would not be reasonable to expect that free valet parking to go with a meal will be free all day.
Yes, that's why I asked if it was complimentary valet. But from my experiences outside of WDW, if valet parking is free and therefore limited, there is usually a sign posted somewhere stating how long the free valet is valid and what charges are imposed after that time has passed. TIW used to expressly state that the complimentary valet was for 3 hours, but that provision has been removed. Generally, when a provision has been intentionally removed or changed, it's assumed there was a reason for it. At Disney, maybe TIW decided that the 3-hour restriction was too short for people who might want to use the card for dinner and then at one of the resort lounges for drinks and entertainment - I don't know.

If there are no signs posted, and if the valet does not mention a time limit, how is the person expected to know when the free valet ends? People here seem to have decided that 3 hours is reasonable, but that's just their personal opinion, and it's apparently no longer the opinion of TIW. It's not reasonable to expect that free valet for a meal will last all day, but it's equally unreasonable to expect the person using it to divine how long it's good for without being told. My suspicion is that this is one of those things that Disney does not need to define or enforce because very few people abuse it. Disney hates to impose rules or time limits because it makes people feel restricted, and that takes away from the relaxed vacation atmosphere. If it becomes a problem, Disney will handle it. Until then, I don't think people have to worry about being subjected to "secret" valet time limits.

Last edited:
I have always found that valet parking meant you could leave your car in that lot all day, unless you were told otherwise at that time.

I have always found that valet parking meant you could leave your car in that lot all day, unless you were told otherwise at that time.
That’s true if you pay for it. But I think one of the posters here must have been referring to complimentary valet, which is usually intended to be limited to the specific event for which it is provided (i.e., Cali Grill Brunch, Highway in the Sky Dine-Around). TIW used to state a time limit for its complimentary valet, but no longer does so. It just says complimentary resort valet is provided for the sole purpose of dining at a participating restaurant.

Yep. Complimentary valet parking that is part of a a meal package o or event is complimentary for the duration of that event plus a reasonable amounts of time to get to and from the venue; plus, IF approved by the valet when dropping off the vehicle, additional time to do whatever.

Complimentary handicapped valet parking is for the duration luck time spent at that property, plus additional time IF approved by the Valet when dropping off the vehicle.

Complimentary Valet parking should instigate an larger tip, based on the (currently) $33 savings.

Yep. Complimentary valet parking that is part of a a meal package o or event is complimentary for the duration of that event plus a reasonable amounts of time to get to and from the venue; plus, IF approved by the valet when dropping off the vehicle, additional time to do whatever.

Complimentary handicapped valet parking is for the duration luck time spent at that property, plus additional time IF approved by the Valet when dropping off the vehicle.

Complimentary Valet parking should instigate an larger tip, based on the (currently) $33 savings.
The valets we’ve encountered were too busy running back and forth for cars to pass judgment on our itinerary, but . . . okay.

It would be perfectly reasonable to have two back to back three hour parking stays, one for dinner, and the other for cocktails in the lounge, assuming you did not leave the resort. Together with a means of not having to go and check the car out, drive a few feet, make a U turn,, and check the car in for the second stay. (Now, the valet would love to have you do that so you can tip him twice.)

In another thread I unveiled my idea for a guest operated validated parking scheme that used your Magic Band to verify whether you were at the resort all the while or went to a theme park.. A cruder method would have the valet ask you questions when you picked up the car and more than 3 hours had passed. If he found out you went to a theme park, you would have to pay for the parking. If he was too busy with other tasks, he would not ask the questions and you would get out for free.

It would be perfectly reasonable to have two back to back three hour parking stays, one for dinner, and the other for cocktails in the lounge, assuming you did not leave the resort.
No. Anybody spending 4+ hours in a bar has no business driving.
In another thread I unveiled my idea for a guest operated validated parking scheme
Stop right there. Following random schemes = bad idea.

Just. Don't. Abuse. Parking.

Just think about your resort. How upsetting would it be if you came back after a long day, drove into your resort and couldn't find parking because people abuse the system and use the resort as theme park parking. I'd be furious. Just park, do your business, then leave and drive to theme park. Easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter