Park Questions- 2022/2023

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
I’m in the very early stages of planning my TDL trip. I know it will be at least 2022 - considering holding until 2023 for the 40th. Starting some basic budget work so I can save enough. I have points for a free stay at the Hilton - but noticed in a vlog that someone staying there took a buss to the monorail? Looks like you could walk across the parking lot? Can someone shed light here? Total aside question but pre-COVID did they still have an electrical parade? One of the things that has disappeared in the US that I miss terribly!

It’s a shuttle van and yes, it pretty much just takes you across the parking lot. The walk from the hotel to the monorail is under five minutes. If the shuttle was sitting at the hotel entrance with the door open as we exited the hotel we would hop on, otherwise we mostly walked. Waiting for the shuttle, boarding, and then driving over will take more time than walking across the street to the station.

I think they had an electrical parade? Can’t really remember.

It’s a shuttle van and yes, it pretty much just takes you across the parking lot. The walk from the hotel to the monorail is under five minutes. If the shuttle was sitting at the hotel entrance with the door open as we exited the hotel we would hop on, otherwise we mostly walked. Waiting for the shuttle, boarding, and then driving over will take more time than walking across the street to the station.

I think they had an electrical parade? Can’t really remember.
I like the idea of a free shuttle bus...

You can walk just across the street to/from Bayside station and it'll be faster than waiting for a bus. If you are arriving at or leaving the Disneyland Resort Area, there is also the free bus to/from Maihama station which saves you a trip on the monorail.

Before the pandemic, they were running Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights on most nights and Nightfall Glow on most nights when they cancel Dreamlights due to rain. Since September, they've been running Nightfall Glow most nights and it is unclear if/when Dreamlights will be back.

Thanks all! It sounds like there are great transport options here. Think this will be home base for the park days. Keeping my fingers crossed on the parade returning! Now just debating if I start the Japan trip at TDL or end here. I'm thinking starting here as it is somewhat familiar - give me a few days to adjust to the language barrier, customs, etc. (not to mention jet lag) in the disney bubble before venturing out.

Hi, The shuttlebus is pretty neat ( Lots of mickey shaped logos and to me it looked a little bit like the streched old airstream caravans) with mickey handrails so took it once or twice but as above it is a couple of minutes walk to the Hilton .

If staying a few days and planning on going to Tokyo Disneysea, consider getting a Resort line pass . I generally came back from the parks mid afternoon to the hotel to relax then went back to the parks in the evening ( and was there 4 days) so the pass saved money ( a single ticket is Y260)

Are you asking about taking a shuttle but to Bayside Station? Because the hotel is right across the street from it.

Are you asking about taking a shuttle but to Bayside Station? Because the hotel is right across the street from it.
It is, but at least to the Sheraton the driveway is pretty steep. We took the bus if it was there when we got off the monorail or arrived soon after.

I’m in the very early stages of planning my TDL trip. I know it will be at least 2022 - considering holding until 2023 for the 40th. Starting some basic budget work so I can save enough. I have points for a free stay at the Hilton - but noticed in a vlog that someone staying there took a buss to the monorail? Looks like you could walk across the parking lot? Can someone shed light here? Total aside question but pre-COVID did they still have an electrical parade? One of the things that has disappeared in the US that I miss terribly!

They had an electric parade when I was there in January 2019.

The walk from Hilton lobby to the monorail is very easy for the average adult, less than 5 minutes.

Hey there, I'm in the very, very preliminary stages of planning our TDL trip. Possibly for late 2023. We're looking at two weeks (one week for TDL Resort and one week to explore Tokyo). Right now I just want to figure out which TDL hotel is the closes to the Disneyland Park. Are there any that are door to door walking distance or do all require taking some kind of transport?

The Disneyland Hotel is right across the walkway from Disneyland Park. You’ll want to monorail to DisneySea though. The MiraCosta is located at the entrance to DisneySea, but you’ll want to monorail to Disneyland park. Ambassador is a quick monorail ride to either, or a longer walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter