Park or Buses

evcollins

Mouseketeer
Which method works for you best? We te staying at Embassey Suites, which is still considered a Disney property, but is off property; however, a very limited shuttle runs from the parks and Embassey. Most of our trips would be transfers from MK. And, their shuttles don't run till 8:20 which makes me nervous on timing things out for RD.

Would it be worth us driving directly to the parks, drive to DTD and shuttle, or to the Contemporary and then monorail? This is our first time, so any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,
ec

Personally, I would probably drive in your situtation. MK is my least favorite park to drive to because you have to park at the TTC, but it's probably better than depending on a limited shuttle.

Would it be worth us driving directly to the parks, drive to DTD and shuttle, or to the Contemporary and then monorail?

Regarding your three options, you cannot park park at the Contemporary and then go to the MK. Parking at CR is limited to three hours while you are enjoying the amenities of that hotel (e.g., shopping, eating, looking around). If you choose to valet the car at CR, then you can do whatever you want.

:) I would drive to the TTC then hope a boat or monorail to MK. Parking is $14 and if you keep your receipt, you can show it later if you need to head back to the room for a rest/nap/meal. They do not charge you again if you have already paid the parking fee for the day--even if you go to a different park.

:) I would drive to the TTC then hop a boat or monorail to MK. Parking is $14 and if you keep your receipt, you can show it later if you need to head back to the room for a rest/nap/meal. They do not charge you again if you have already paid the parking fee for the day--even if you go to a different park.

Driving to DTD would not be a good option because buses don't run between DTD and the parks; you'd have to take a bus to a resort and then transfer to another bus to get to the park you want. Not only that, but the buses between DTD and the resorts don't run early enough to make RD.

Which method works for you best? We te staying at Embassey Suites, which is still considered a Disney property, but is off property; however, a very limited shuttle runs from the parks and Embassey. Most of our trips would be transfers from MK. And, their shuttles don't run till 8:20 which makes me nervous on timing things out for RD.

Would it be worth us driving directly to the parks, drive to DTD and shuttle, or to the Contemporary and then monorail? This is our first time, so any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,
ec
Okay...here are your acceptable options....

1. Park at TTC for MK
2. pay to valet park at the CR and head to MK on foot (under 10 mins)
3. drive to other parks

Do NOT park at DTD for park access. You are not going to get a bus to a park there. The buses run to, and from, the resorts. And they don't start running early enough for you to get to a resort and then transfer to a bus, boat or monorail for park access.

In all reality??? You are going to be best served by driving to the park you want to go to that day. Easy access for rope drop is something enjoyed by those who stay onsite. Staying offsite does make it a bit harder.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I was leaning on driving to the parks, but I wasn't sure what traffic would be like coming out of the parks. My thought for MK was valet at Contemporary because the monorails/shuttles might be easier to get out of the park; however, we are not staying until closing, so while I'm writing and reading it, I'm thinking traffic probably wouldn't be a problem afterall. Thoughts??

And what do you think about this, please.....
Our last day is a half day at MK with a hotel swim break in the afternoon, dinner at Hoop De Doo, driving directly to Ft. Wilderness for 7:15 p.m. ressie. Take ferry over to MK after dinner to watch Wishes and ferry back over to Ft. Wilderness and drive to hotel. Is that something that can happen? I just stumbled on a board that there was a ferry there, and this is our only late night to watch the fireworks up close if we get out in enough time.

Thank you so much for ya'll's information!
ec

My thought for MK was valet at Contemporary because the monorails/shuttles might be easier to get out of the park; however, we are not staying until closing, so while I'm writing and reading it, I'm thinking traffic probably wouldn't be a problem afterall. Thoughts??

When the parks close, there is always a lot of folks trying to get to their car or back to their resorts. Valet parking at the CR probably won't save you a lot of time, unless you're going to walk over the CR from MK (not a bad walk). The monorail lines are long because folks are either trying to get to the TTC or to the GF/Poly/CR. If your not going to leave at or near closing (or just after fireworks), then it's probably not going to be a problem.

...driving directly to Ft. Wilderness for 7:15 p.m. ressie. Take ferry over to MK after dinner to watch Wishes and ferry back over to Ft. Wilderness and drive to hotel. Is that something that can happen?

Again, parking at the resorts is limited to 3 hours while you are enjoying the amenities of that resort (i.e., for up to three hours while you eating, shopping, looking around that specific resort). You can certainly drive there for the HDDR, but you are not supposed to leave your car there to go the MK, unless you valet the car at Ft Wilderness.

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I was leaning on driving to the parks, but I wasn't sure what traffic would be like coming out of the parks. My thought for MK was valet at Contemporary because the monorails/shuttles might be easier to get out of the park; however, we are not staying until closing, so while I'm writing and reading it, I'm thinking traffic probably wouldn't be a problem afterall. Thoughts??

And what do you think about this, please.....
Our last day is a half day at MK with a hotel swim break in the afternoon, dinner at Hoop De Doo, driving directly to Ft. Wilderness for 7:15 p.m. ressie. Take ferry over to MK after dinner to watch Wishes and ferry back over to Ft. Wilderness and drive to hotel. Is that something that can happen? I just stumbled on a board that there was a ferry there, and this is our only late night to watch the fireworks up close if we get out in enough time.

Thank you so much for ya'll's information!
ec
I would be very tempted to just pay to valet park at the CR that morning, when you go to MK for the half day. Then, you should be able to piggy back on that same day of valet parking later on...ask them when you get there....drive back to the CR, valet park again, and take the boat from the CR over to FtW. THen, boat back to MK for Wishes, if it isn't too late, and then walk back to the CR, get your car and head out.

I would be very tempted to just pay to valet park at the CR that morning, when you go to MK for the half day. Then, you should be able to piggy back on that same day of valet parking later on...ask them when you get there....drive back to the CR, valet park again, and take the boat from the CR over to FtW. THen, boat back to MK for Wishes, if it isn't too late, and then walk back to the CR, get your car and head out.

I concur...as long as you keep your valet receipt you can re-valet the car later in the day (I did this on several occasions). You'll have to tip both times, but you won't have to re-pay the $12. Also, you have to retrieve your car by midnight (that's when the system rolled to a new "day").

Thanks again. Didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to catch the ferry after Hoop to MK and then ferry back for the car. Learning new things all the time!!

Thanks again. Didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to catch the ferry after Hoop to MK and then ferry back for the car. Learning new things all the time!!

There is a boat that runs from FW to MK, and it runs until after the park is closed, so taking it from HDDR to MK should be no problem. Taking a monorail or ferry boat to the TTC when you leave MK is also not a problem. Someone up thread menioned valet parking at FW, there is no valet at FW.

Thanks,
ec
The other thing I wanted to be sure you realize is that this hotel is not considered a Disney property. It is considered a 'Good Neighbor' resort. Completely different thing. I just don't want you to be disappointed if you try to use a perk or such that is available to those staying at actual Disney properties.

Oh, thanks. I've never heard of a "Good Neighbor" resort. Can you tell me a little about that? From what I'm told by our hotel, we are able to use the shuttles and enjoy early/late magic hours. I don't want any surprises when I get there, so if you have information that can help us out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not too sure of all the benefits from actual Disney properties. I was thinking it was the transportation and magic hours only. Thanks for your help!

Oh, thanks. I've never heard of a "Good Neighbor" resort. Can you tell me a little about that? From what I'm told by our hotel, we are able to use the shuttles and enjoy early/late magic hours. I don't want any surprises when I get there, so if you have information that can help us out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not too sure of all the benefits from actual Disney properties. I was thinking it was the transportation and magic hours only. Thanks for your help!
To the best of my knowledge, only actual onsite resort guests are allowed to use EMHs in the morning and the evening. In order to get to be a Good Neighbor resort, the resort must meet certain criteria from Disney. BUT...the guests of these Good Neighbor resorts can't book the dining plan, they can't charge back to their rooms, they can't have packages sent back to their resort and they can't use extra magic hours. I would be very surprised if you are able to get into the parks that hour early, or for the stay in the parks, doing attractions for the late 3 hrs. That is a perk solely for those staying at WDW owned resorts, and the S/D since they are actually on Disney property.
But, I could be wrong....I can only imagine how those staying in Disney resorts are going to feel if they were to find out that a perk they were promised was given to those paying a lot less for an offsite resort.

Thanks! I need to double check with the Resort because I was surprised that it still had the services offered to on-site guests. From what I was informed, Hilton properties are the only resorts offered the transportation and magic hours. I'm not sure why, however, I did inquire before booking. Will confirm again and thanks for the heads up!

ec

Thanks! I need to double check with the Resort because I was surprised that it still had the services offered to on-site guests. From what I was informed, Hilton properties are the only resorts offered the transportation and magic hours. I'm not sure why, however, I did inquire before booking. Will confirm again and thanks for the heads up!

ec
From what I can see, on the Embassy Suites site, there are scheduled shuttles to the WDW parks. But it says nothing about EMHs being offered. I would be really upset if someone was telling you something incorrect.

I have asked over on another board. They are telling me that the only non-Disney owned resorts that are able to use EMHs are the Swan, Dolphin and the Hilton in DTD. Other than that...no EMHs. I just did a search for Hilton resorts, including Embassy Suites, in Orlando. The only resort that says anything about EMHs was the DTD Hilton. No other resorts offered this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter