Park Hopping Strategy

OhioTony

DIS Veteran
In one week my wife and myself are going on our 1st ever WDW trip without Kids! :earsboy::earsgirl:
Sunday through Thursday at Art of Animation....Skyliner :cool1: ... with Park Hopper option.
Our primary goal...Ride ROR and enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
Our plans and reserved parks:
SUN- AK arrival day (Hitting our favs, then hopping to EPCOT and a late dinner/marg 🍹 ressie at San Angel)
MON- MK (Ressie at Jungle Skipper Canteen)
TUES- STUDIOS (I'm getting that elusive RoR Boarding Group!!! :scared: )
Here is where I would like strategy advice please... :surfweb:
WED- STUDIOS (As a back up to try again for RoR Boarding Group if we miss out on Tues...If we get RoR Loading on Tues, or if I miss out both Tues and Wed am, then I will switch to EPCOT as our reserved park for the day and we will just hit all the Fest boozy booths to drown our ROR sorrows o_O )
THURS- MK (evening flight home)
My Park Hopping Question :ssst:
Is there any likelihood of EPCOT reaching full capacity on Wed and us not being able to switch to it as our Reserved Park, or park hop to EPCOT later Wed afternoon if necessary?

You will have no issues park hopping, but you may run into issues with changing your park reservation.

May I suggest staying flexible on Tues & Wed? You can attempt for ROTR at 7am and 1pm both of those days, so if it's a bust on both days, you can hop to EPCOT to end out the night. You could end up have two nearly identical days, but I guarantee you're going to want to ride ROTR twice if possible!!

You will have no issues park hopping, but you may run into issues with changing your park reservation.

May I suggest staying flexible on Tues & Wed? You can attempt for ROTR at 7am and 1pm both of those days, so if it's a bust on both days, you can hop to EPCOT to end out the night. You could end up have two nearly identical days, but I guarantee you're going to want to ride ROTR twice if possible!!
Yes and yes and yes!

The OP should definitely keep their DHS days and try for ROTR as much as possible on both days.

And they definitely will have no problem hopping to Epcot after 2 PM.

And if the OP gets to experience ROTR once, they definitely are going to want to experience ROTR a second time!

ROTR is the best theme park ride ever!!!

Thanks for the reply.
I thought this was our best strategy, but I always like advice and opinions. :goodvibes

Yes and yes and yes!

The OP should definitely keep their DHS days and try for ROTR as much as possible on both days.

And they definitely will have no problem hopping to Epcot after 2 PM.

And if the OP gets to experience ROTR once, they definitely are going to want to experience ROTR a second time!

ROTR is the best theme park ride ever!!!

Probably so for me. The wife however "doesn't get" Star Wars. :confused3

So far, the report from those who have checked the Park hopping availability line is that park hopping has been available every day since it resumed.

(407) 560-5000. Capacity line. Recorded message.

So far, the report from those who have checked the Park hopping availability line is that park hopping has been available every day since it resumed.

I have the number saved. Thanks! :worship:

I'm a so-so star wars fan and wasn't really sure about ROTR. However, the more times I ride this one, the more I like it! There is SO MUCH to see and take in that you can't possibly see it all in one time through. If you can get a second ride on it, I would definitely recommend it too!

Does this include all the parks or just EPCOT? Hoping to be able to park hop to MK in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter