Park Hopper VS Single Park Ticket

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
I know that DL to DCA only takes 3 min but is it really worth the extra cost to be able to HOP ? How many of you buy Hoppers and then end up wondering why you spent the extra money ?

I would say it is totally worth it especially for multi-day trips. If you have MM or EMH, you will likely start in the park the early entry is offered but then may want to see a parade or fireworks or a show in the other park. We have been twice to DLR, once for 3 days and the other for 5 days and we park hopped every single day .

RalphMouth said:
I know that DL to DCA only takes 3 min but is it really worth the extra cost to be able to HOP ? How many of you buy Hoppers and then end up wondering why you spent the extra money ?

It depends on how many days total you have to see the Resort and how busy it is. If you only have 2 days, I would get a parkhopper to maximize my time. If I am there for 5 days, parkhoppers aren't as necessary.

I also like to have a parkhopper on very busy days, since aside from Carsland, DCA just doesn't feel as crowded. Also, it gives me more choices for entertainment at night.

Personally I have never been without a park hopper ticket. I guess if you had enough days it would be okay, but it just never crossed my mind to go without one no matter how many days I went for. It opens up a lot of options when you have park hopper, rides, restaurants, parades, shows, the list goes on and on of things to do in both parks that being stuck in one park for the day would not be advantageous for my quality time at the parks. To me if I'm in Disneyland and decide I want to go over and ride Soarin in California Adventure then I can do it, without park hopper I would be out of luck.

Ive also never gone without a park hopper. I like to either go over to DCA if DL is too full, or sometimes DCA closes a few hours (or even an hour) before DL does...so I can spend my full day at DCA and then spend a few more at DL.

We went last summer for the first time w/ 3 kids. I bought our tickets from the entertainment book. 3 day passes for 180 for adult NO hopping. We planned to do 2 days DL and one day CA. It worked out perfectly. If I had PH, the only thing I would have done differently was try to do RSR again in the AM. But CA was crazy busy . We were there the end of june. worked for us and I didn't regret it. W/ 5 of us it was a good savings.

A lot of WDW vets, especially those with young kids with early bedtimes, have slowly come to the realization that they can go without park hoppers. However, at the DLR, you need parkhoppers. It's really one big park. You hardly realize you are hopping.

However, we found that park hopping more than 3 or 4 times in a day can result in not enjoying either park.

We always enjoy the Park Hoppers. If it feels crowded in one park, it's nice to be able to walk to the other for a little break. The few times that we have done a trip with a One Park ticket we said that we wished we had a hopper.

Another never-not-hopped. It's so, so nice to be able to do that.

We have always had hoppers or APs. However,there have been days when we did not hop. If there were short hours like 10-8, we might spend the whole day in DL. Now that there is Carsland,TSMM,WOC,and my kids are older I imagine that we will hop everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

When we went in 2008 we had parkhoppers. I don't remember exactly, but I know we went to Disneyland on day 1, CA on day 2, and split the 2 on day 3....but for some reason I remember going to Disneyland when CA closed on day 2. I could be wrong on that.

This time around we plan on going 4 days. I seriously considered doing 2 days at DL and 2 days at CA and not getting parkhoppers, but when we were at CA before I remember being able to finish it pretty quickly. Granted, it's bigger now, but I'd hate to finish in 1.5 days and be stuck going back to our hotel when we could go to DL for the rest of the day.

Forget about parkhoppers. I remember going to Disneyland when you still needed ride coupons. You guys all talk about buying tickets like this has always been around.

That being said, I do remember back a few years ago I went to DL at the last minute. I went with people who had Southern California resident annual passes, although they were blocked out for that day (they bought blockout day tickets). We asked if there was any kind of special, and what they had was a special ticket, which I could get as a guest of a Southern California resident. I could buy a regular priced single park ticket, and had the option to use it either like a 1-day parkhopper or once day at DL and another day at DCA. I opted to used it for two separate days and it worked out pretty well. My hosts also were able to use their annual passes that day because they weren't blocked out.

I don't plan on buying hoppers for our next trip. We have two small kids (3 and 8mo at the time of our trip) and don't expect to even want to hop from park to park.

Now, in years past (aka before Cars Land) we got hoppers because we would use them on our DCA day. We easily finished all we wanted to do by 5 or 6pm, then would head back over to Disneyland.

I have no issues about not hopping this time.

Forget about parkhoppers. I remember going to Disneyland when you still needed ride coupons. You guys all talk about buying tickets like this has always been around.

Ahhhh the good ole days of the A-B-C-D-E tickets. I have been going to Disneyland since 1962, so ya I remember those days too. That was before there was even a second park their and you could park or use the bike stand right out in front of the gates. But now we have to buy tickets, and park hopping is all a part of the experience. Do you have to get them...no, do I recommend them...yes because it gives me the full experience on my visits since I no longer live in Southern California and just getting their and back home is more than half the expense.

I rarely do park hoppers because I am the type that likes to maximize my time at each park. It takes a full day (open to close) to ride all the rides, see all the shows, etc. park hopping (even at DL where parks are close) is just a time waster for me. I prefer devoting a full day or two to each park.

We bought parkhoppers on our last trip in 2011 but with young kids, we didn't spend more than 4 hours at a time in the park (rope drop to lunchtime, back for nap, and then a few more hours after nap). The only time we hopped was when we went from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to lunch at Ariel's Grotto so I don't think we'd miss the hopping. Thus, I think this trip around I may opt to save some money and just buy 1 park tickets. Now when my youngest stops napping and we can do a full day, I will upgrade to hoppers again as then there's a stronger likelihood of hopping.

we also have never been without hopper passes, that being said we always get 4 day hoppers but usally only hop on two of the days..no real reason for that it just always seems to work out that way. The fact that it is always an option makes it totally worth the money.

Personally I would just like to have the option to park hop. If one park is really busy, you can pop over to the other so easily. Also, if our kids want to catch one or two of their favourites in the other park before we leave one day, it's nice to know we can. Even just for the last day. Everyone wants to do their favourites on the last day. We hopped like crazy to squeeze them all in. It was crazy but so much fun!

Another ditto, we've always bought park hoppers, we don't always park hop on a particular day, but if you run into one of those weird days, and we all have, where everyone just seems jammed into one park, it's a huge relief to know that you can simply leave and go to the other park. I don't get to DLR often enough to be able to just walk away and say "oh, well, too crowded for me, come back next day" -- to have a plan B that involves the other park can save the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter