Park Commando's Sailing The Rocky Seas, Our 1st Cruise 9/19, with pics UPDATED 11/06

:goodvibesYou are getting me so excited for our up coming trip! Your trip report is great so far! I hope you report on the pirate party! pirate:I love your tip on the walki talkies, Im always the early bird when we go to Disney Im always up had coffee in the hot tub, showered and ready by the time the wake up call rings!:rotfl: SOOOOOOO Looking forward to your next TR!:hug:

Thank you for joining me, I just posted Pirate Night!!

I know what you mean, I can't seem to sleep in on vacation; however I vow to do just that before each and every one :rotfl2:

The walkie talkies were one of the best things we brought with us. DS pretty much had one the whole time and would check in with us regularly with it. I highly recommend families to bring them with you, they made meeting back up a breeze.

Awwww, so glad your DD got her Mickey back! :goodvibes

The characters are all so cute in their pirate outfits. I was wondering if many people dressed up or not, guess I'll have to make plans to bring along some pirate garb for us to wear on that night, that's assuming of course that my oh so cool 15 year old would dress up. :rolleyes:

We welcomed Mickey home with open arms!! It was great to get him back.

There were tons of people dressed up for Pirate night, some went all out with full blown costumes, some just had bandannas and eye patches on. They sell the Mickey ears with a bandanna and an earring (quite cute) at Treasures Ketch we saw many people wearing those. It really is up to you as to how elaborate you want to go, if you do decide to go all out, you definitely won't be alone

I'm loving your TR. I hope that someday we too can exeprince a Disney cruise. We were going to do the 3 day in Dec, but now DH has to have his hip replacement replaced and put a kink in our plans.

Free Room Service, again!! What a way to wake up, I completely took advantage of this service, another great tip was having the over the door shoe organizer which I had my tip envelope in the pocket so when they brought the tray in it was easy to tip. Today was our last day and we really didn't have many plans, except enjoy the boat. The kids were fast asleep so DH and I went down to the stores for some shopping. I was able to get my Christmas ornament, we got DS the itinerary shirt and a few other gifts for people back home. Once we finished our shopping expedition, DH went back to the room to check on the kids while I went to the rebooking desk to book our next cruise. Another tip, if you are going to book onboard, do it early. When I walked by later in the afternoon there were people everywhere, I was very happy I got this out of the way early in the day.

After rebooking I headed back to the cabin where everyone was dressed and ready for some breakfast. We headed up to BBB and had a great breakfast outside. DS decided to head off to his club and DD wanted to go to her club for Mouseketeer in Training and Do Si Do with Snow White, so we headed to drop both of them off.

When we purchased our items this morning we received free bingo cards, so DH and I decided to go try our hands at Bingo. DH and I are not big gamblers, we don’t like to lose money, so when we walked in and found that the smallest amount to play was $40 we decided we would just hang around until the free game. The cruise staff tries really hard to keep everyone alive and into the game, I have to give this staff 5 stars for all their hard work. We had seen them all over the ship and they always had great energy. Needless to say, DH and I didn’t win, but we enjoyed our drinks and had a few laughs and it was a good time.

After Bingo and losing our shirts :rotfl: DH and I headed over to the Buena Vista Theater for Disney Innovations: Theme Parks. DH and I know a lot about the parks, but never turn down an opportunity to learn a new factoid or two. The presentation was just that a presentation, while it was educational it wasn’t overly entertaining, DH and I did enjoy it and did learn some new things, but a word to the wise, that theater is COLD. I was freezing the whole time.

After our adult’s morning out, I went and picked DD up from her club where she and a few other kids were doing a puzzle with one of the counselors. They were also doing face painting in the club so we stopped and DD picked a rainbow for her face.

DSC03574.jpg

DH had gone to pick up DS so they could finally watch Prince of Persia, every time they tried all week something happened and they didn’t make it, but this time they were able to make it over to the theater. DD and I went over to BBB for some lunch, the line was still outside the door, but moved fairly quickly. This was the only time other than embarkation any of us ate lunch at one of the dining rooms, for some reason lunch just never seemed to work into our schedule and by the time it did the dining rooms were closed. I was surprised by how they had the buffet laid out. On one side was the kids items and the other was the adult side. This made getting lunch a little bit more complicated. DD really wanted spaghetti and meatballs which was not offered on the adult side, so we went through the adult side and then found a table and then went back through the kid’s side to get her food. I am not sure why they don’t just put both offerings on both sides of the buffet?

After lunch DD and I went to the goofy pool to watch Wall E on the jumbo screen, we both had our drinks from Deck 9 and sat in one of the loungers enjoying the movie. After the movie DD asked to go back to her club, they were doing Where’s Tink so I took her down and then headed over to the cabin to start on some of the packing. While I was packing DH showed up and helped me start to get the packing done. We were both disappointed that the cruise was coming to an end, but excited that we would be going over to the parks tomorrow for MNSSHP which was easing some of the blues.
I had signed DH up for the Tequila tasting earlier on so he headed over there and I roamed the boat taking some pictures before I got a page that DD would be attending Friendship Rocks in the theater.

DSC03575.jpg

DSC03576.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

Friendship Rocks is a cute little show that the club counselors put on with the kids from the clubs and Mickey and Minnie. DS did not participate, but DD had the best time.

DSC03581.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

Each of the kids also got to keep their t-shirts from the show, after the show they take all the kids back to the clubs so the parents can pick them up. Tonight was Dreams and I really wanted to see that show after everything I had read on DIS about it, so I got DD and met DH back in the room to get ready. He had really enjoyed the Tequila tasting; he said they gave you 3 different tequilas and 2 margaritas. DS did not want to attend and wanted to stay in his clubs and since he had been so good the whole cruise we told him it was ok, but he was to meet us for dinner at Parrot Cay.

Dreams was wonderful, this is a definite must see show. Even DH thought it was fantastic and was surprised by all the theatrics they did on a ship.

After the show we headed over to dinner at Parrot Cay. I know many here on the DIS are not fans of Parrot Cay, but this was one of our favorites. The bread was so yummy and the dinner selections were fantastic. DH, DS and I all ordered the mixed grill and then we got the rib eye to share.

DSC03615.jpg

Everything was delicious. DD of course got the mac and cheese. Tonight we had to give Anthony and Carlo there tips, they so earned them. Both of them treated us so well so the entire cruise. When they reminded us about breakfast in the morning we realized our time was quickly coming to an end.

DSC03616.jpg

We finished up eating and headed back to the cabin to get our suitcases out. I was able to get everything out the door in a few minutes. I had already done most of the day bag packing for Animal Kingdom tomorrow earlier on, so all I had to do was throw in the last few items and put the new luggage tags on. Everyone was getting pretty sleepy from the long day, so I headed out to take some last departing shots of the ship and headed to bed!

Oh no, over already?!

Thanks for a great TR!! :thumbsup2 I started it way back before my cruise! (Which seems like such a long time ago. )

We loved the Wonder very much, she will be missed when she heads to the west coast soon! (Very excited for the new ships though!!!)

Thank goodness Mickey found his way home, I know all too well how traumatic that can be as I have a little Mickey freak too! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter