Parents of the Class of 2019

My son got his official (in writing) offer for a full-time job after graduation. He graduates in May. It's from the company he's been interning with and his friend got an offer, too. He'll be headed back to NYC after graduation -- and while I selfishly wish he was staying in Ohio, he's excited so I'm excited for him. And so nice to have that taken care of already, so he can relax and enjoy his last year of college.

My son got his official (in writing) offer for a full-time job after graduation. He graduates in May. It's from the company he's been interning with and his friend got an offer, too. He'll be headed back to NYC after graduation -- and while I selfishly wish he was staying in Ohio, he's excited so I'm excited for him. And so nice to have that taken care of already, so he can relax and enjoy his last year of college.
Oh, that's awesome! Congratulations to him! And hugs to you. :grouphug:

Congrats to him! Is he going to room with his friend? It would be helpful to have a roommate already set for NYC

Wonderful to have offer in hand- not as wonderful he will be far away :upsidedow DD is applying for jobs in a city 4 hours away and DH is having a hard time with that. She plans to eventually come back closer so I can tell myself it's temporary.

So speaking of jobs 4 hours away, DD had a Zoom interview Thursday. Friday morning they called and asked for an in person interview. So she's headed down Tuesday. Which is fine, she hasn't driven down to visit BF in a month. But I do hope that there aren't too many special trips down which don't result in a job. They did say they didn't have a lot of applicants they liked, and they have a full slate of meetings and tours and introductions planned for Tuesday afternoon, so it sounds somewhat promising.

Received the email with the school’s official senior picture for the yearbook yesterday.

DS also has a project that he is doing for a professor this semester. I think it’s weird. It counts as 2 credits- that the student pays for. And you work for the professor doing what he wants. And he doesn’t then need to pay the student.
What a win for the school/professor.
Guess it gives the student an experience and a reference.

Dd and her best friend ran a half marathon yesterday in the rain, 2 hours 3 minutes. She probably could’ve run faster but she stuck with her friend. She signed up for another one. She’s coming home in a few weeks to watch her cousin run in the NYC marathon. DH and her brothers are heading to Boston saturday to bring her a dresser and her clothes, she took a train there in September so couldn’t bring much. Luckily her boyfriend was visiting last week since he goes to school in Daytona so skipped the hurricane.

She got the job! Moving full steam ahead into the next phase of life now. It's a full time job with benefits, in her field, at the university where her BF is in grad school. She can rent a room in the same house as him for $400/month less than the cheapest 1 bed apt in her current area so we could hardly argue with that. She does want to come back to our state eventually but this will be good for a starting job and for her resume.

We'll be moving her at the end of the month, 4.5 hours from our house. It's DH's super busy season of harvest, but he thinks he could take a weekend to do that. Good, because I don't want to pull a trailer myself!

Her diploma arrived last week too, so that phase is all wrapped up!

She got the job! Moving full steam ahead into the next phase of life now. It's a full time job with benefits, in her field, at the university where her BF is in grad school. She can rent a room in the same house as him for $400/month less than the cheapest 1 bed apt in her current area so we could hardly argue with that. She does want to come back to our state eventually but this will be good for a starting job and for her resume.

We'll be moving her at the end of the month, 4.5 hours from our house. It's DH's super busy season of harvest, but he thinks he could take a weekend to do that. Good, because I don't want to pull a trailer myself!

:flower1: That's awesome! Congrats! party:

Congrats to her!

Congrats to your daughter, @bjscheel! That's wonderful news! It really sounds like everything fell into place for her. Like yours, mine says he'll probably want to move back closer "eventually"... let's hope they eventually make it back home, but bloom where they're going!

Congrats that’s wonderful!

Today was the last final. He survived his senior year :)
We went to lunch at his college town. It is a short drive from home. He already got a haircut upon return. DD flies in tomorrow.
He is only doing his degree graduation Sunday. Saturday is lunch with family and a few close friends. And then Monday we take a short trip.
How is everyone else coming along?

Things are winding down here! I went to campus yesterday to take some grad photos. It was a fun crazy evening with lots of other folks doing the same thing. Graduation is Sunday and she's moving home the next day. She decided to start grad school and will live here to keep expenses down. It's a great gift to get some more bonus time before life takes her away again.

IMG_9702.jpg

One more year here. 4th year is over and he drove back home last night. He’s still working on landing his last co-op, which he’s scheduled to do this summer.

Besides the nervousness of him not having a co-op yet, he also just found out that his roommates signed the lease on the house they’ve been in the last two years without him. While there is a room he could sublet for the fall, there’s not one for spring semester, so he’s trying to figure out where he’s going to live next year. He’s thinking he would want to try to find a single apartment somewhere for the whole year versus moving mid year from the house to somewhere else.

It’s a little strange watching all his high school friends graduate, but he always knew he was going into a five year program. That, and most of them are heading into grad programs, so in one way, he’ll be working sooner than them. 😉

One more year here. 4th year is over and he drove back home last night. He’s still working on landing his last co-op, which he’s scheduled to do this summer.

Besides the nervousness of him not having a co-op yet, he also just found out that his roommates signed the lease on the house they’ve been in the last two years without him. While there is a room he could sublet for the fall, there’s not one for spring semester, so he’s trying to figure out where he’s going to live next year. He’s thinking he would want to try to find a single apartment somewhere for the whole year versus moving mid year from the house to somewhere else.

It’s a little strange watching all his high school friends graduate, but he always knew he was going into a five year program. That, and most of them are heading into grad programs, so in one way, he’ll be working sooner than them. 😉
That’s a lot of stress heading into the final year. I hope it all gets settled quickly.

Today was the last final. He survived his senior year :)
We went to lunch at his college town. It is a short drive from home. He already got a haircut upon return. DD flies in tomorrow.
He is only doing his degree graduation Sunday. Saturday is lunch with family and a few close friends. And then Monday we take a short trip.
How is everyone else coming along?
Congrats to him and have a fun weekend and trip!

Things are winding down here! I went to campus yesterday to take some grad photos. It was a fun crazy evening with lots of other folks doing the same thing. Graduation is Sunday and she's moving home the next day. She decided to start grad school and will live here to keep expenses down. It's a great gift to get some more bonus time before life takes her away again.
I recognize that campus- DD works there :) Congratulations to your DD!

First 3 semesters of her graduate program almost done, then she flies to Florida to see her boyfriend, flies home next Thursday, has a doctors appointment right after she lands, then shes driving to Delaware for a few days because her friends are graduating, comes home to grab a sister and head to Boston for a MDW music festival. After that she finally comes home for her clinicals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter