Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

DD had an exciting weekend in track. She has tied class level records in pole vault the past couple of years, but a tie doesn't get her name on the record holder banner, so she set a goal to beat the senior/school record, and she did it! I'm so happy for her, and for me, because I didn't want to deal with that teaching moment if she didn't make it. lol

Yay! Congratulations! DD dreams of getting a school record before the season is up but I'm not sure it's going to happen. So close and yet so far...we did have tears after a meet last year when she thought 4x2 would make it and the meet was cancelled for lightning just as they lined up.

Well, my DD and I LOVE the FSU campus:) We attended preview day for accepted students yesterday and we have the entire day today to explore the campus some more and check out the local food store, fresh Amish market and CVS so she knows where to shop locally. We are having a great time and we are beginning to feel much better about her attending FSU instead of Temple:cheer2:

That's awesome, sometimes you just know when you visit! That's how DD felt at her college of choice.

As stated in the share a story that you wanted to tell thread our class elected to not have a Prom and use the money that we raised to purchase a Get Well Gift and Appreciation Gift to our Senior Adviser Teacher who at the end of our Junior Year announce to the school she was taking a long leave of absence because she was diagnosed with Stomach Cancer. We then took the remainder of the money and donated it to Cancer research. Our administration is giving our class a Bonfire on May 20 with Soda, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers and Watermelon and it will be much more casual. We decided it was much more important to use the money for something that can help people for many days instead of just one Prom day for us. My Graduation is June 3rd.

My daughter now has a college AND a room mate- she and this girl matched themselves up off the google docs room mate search thing so she is very relieved all that is done! Now all that is left is waiting to hear how many scholarships she will be getting at scholarship night in June-I know she has two local ones for sure but hoping on some others too!

Last day of school for seniors is 5/19-prom is that night. They have to go back a few more days for grad practice & other stuff. Graduation is 6/3. We are doing party 6/11. My younger 2 don't get out of school until 6/22.

Well, my DD and I LOVE the FSU campus:) We attended preview day for accepted students yesterday and we have the entire day today to explore the campus some more and check out the local food store, fresh Amish market and CVS so she knows where to shop locally. We are having a great time and we are beginning to feel much better about her attending FSU instead of Temple:cheer2:

I did not know Florida had an Amish population, I guess you really do learn something new everyday. Glad your DD liked FSU!

Prom is June 2nd and graduation is June 20th. I don't think dd is going to go to prom. Too much drama going on which she hates.

I did not know Florida had an Amish population, I guess you really do learn something new everyday. Glad your DD liked FSU!
We never did make it to the Publix and the Amish market. Maybe it was a farmers market not Amish? A few students mentioned it and I might have thought they said Amish market bc we have one of those in our hometown:rotfl:

Here's our end of school schedule ...

AP Environmental Science exam May 1
Prom May 6th
AP Calc A/B exam May May 9
Surprise (!) Disney trip May 10 - May 14 to see Wishes, Happily Ever After & Pandora
Finals June 5 - June 7
Graduation June 9
Graduation party June 10 (with 4 other neighborhood kids)

DD had her Prom last night. Because she is in a dual enrollment program, most of her classes follow the community college schedule and are done in early May. Her last day of college classes is May 5th with CC graduation on May 14th. She has one last high school class to finish (AP Stats), so she has to go to school for that one class until June 2nd. It is only 90 minutes, 3 days a week as her school does block scheduling. The rest of the school day, she will be doing an internship in the Admissions and Development Office at my school. Her HS graduation is on June 14th.

Niece is overwhelmed...Lots of homework in AP classes and studying for AP tests. End of year projects due. She's in 3 shows. The only time she talks to me is when a school deposit needs paying, tickets need buying, or papers need editing. lol. BUT everything is finishing up. Graduation is May 30th. I'm happy and sad at the same time.

Niece is overwhelmed...Lots of homework in AP classes and studying for AP tests. End of year projects due. She's in 3 shows. The only time she talks to me is when a school deposit needs paying, tickets need buying, or papers need editing. lol. BUT everything is finishing up. Graduation is May 30th. I'm happy and sad at the same time.
I am in coast mode now. I only have 2 real classes my Senior year those are English and Geography. The other classes are Girls Choir, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, Senior Teacher Assistant, and Study Hall. So the only projects and homework I have had this year are from those two courses. I set it up that way because I wanted to chill my Senior year. I worked my butt off my Sophomore Year and and especially Junior year and I didn't want any part of that my Senior year. I am also going to College for Dance so grabbing that Pre-Calculus class and Physics class my Senior year wasn't a must.

Dd set up her schedule so last year was her toughest year with lots of AP classes and other stuff. This year has been pretty easy. Maybe too easy because she's kind of bored and wanting it to be over.

She actually won't have to take any finals. Seniors are exempt if they have at least a 90. I think that gives her almost a week off of school between classes ending and graduation.

Dd set up her schedule so last year was her toughest year with lots of AP classes and other stuff. This year has been pretty easy. Maybe too easy because she's kind of bored and wanting it to be over.

Same here. It's nice she doesn't have a lot of homework with track and work but she feels a lot of her school day is useless now. She could have taken the second semester of Stats but it was so much homework and she has already gotten her college math credits completed, so why suffer? She is not a math person. She loves multimedia class, which is good because that is connected to her major. The school is having her work on designs for the logo/mascot in the center of the new gym floor, which is pretty cool, though I think the AD prefers one that is not her favorite of the three and he gets final say.

Same here. It's nice she doesn't have a lot of homework with track and work but she feels a lot of her school day is useless now. She could have taken the second semester of Stats but it was so much homework and she has already gotten her college math credits completed, so why suffer? She is not a math person. She loves multimedia class, which is good because that is connected to her major. The school is having her work on designs for the logo/mascot in the center of the new gym floor, which is pretty cool, though I think the AD prefers one that is not her favorite of the three and he gets final say.

That's cool about the LOGO and mascot. She'll leave a bit of a legacy with that.

My daughter is actually taking 2 math classes this year - advanced stats which comes after AP and calc 2 through Syracuse University which comes after AP Calc AB.

Math is her thing though so she doesn't find them difficult. I'd be crying.

Where she took it easy compared to last year is in science and english.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter