Parents of children who are taking/have taken GCSEs

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
Can anyone tell me if they have had to pay an administration fee to the school in order to get their child's exam results and/or certificates.

The reason I am asking is that DD's school has sent home a form asking whether she will be collecting her results in person or wants them posted. The form mentions an admin charge of £2 which I assumed was to cover postage if you couldn't collect them in person. She has filled the form in to say she will collect and her tutor has told her she still has to pay the £2 admin fee. Just wondered if anyone else has had this/can shed some light on what 'admin' could possibly be involved :confused3

We don't have that at our college, all fees that do have to be paid are paid at the start, sounds like they are trying to make some money :confused3

I have never heard that before my sister did A levels last year and GCSE two years ago and only had to give a stamp address envelope if you wanted them sent out.

That is a bit tight, isn't it? SAE at our school too. How can the school charge for the students to pick up their results? I know that our presence on 'results day' is voluntary - perhaps that is what it's all about - that £2 is part of a whip-round to get someone to hand out the results.:rotfl:

That is a bit tight, isn't it? SAE at our school too. How can the school charge for the students to pick up their results? I know that our presence on 'results day' is voluntary - perhaps that is what it's all about - that £2 is part of a whip-round to get someone to hand out the results.:rotfl:

Do you know, I wouldn't be at all surprised given that she's also received a letter asking for a £1 contribution to a present for their head of year as an 'end of year' gift. There's 180 students in her year, if they all give £1 that's some gift :rolleyes:

That's also on top of the £1 she needs for her tutor's 'end of year gift', the £15 for the yearbook, the £30 for the Prom ticket, £22 for the end of year trip to Thorpe Park - the list is endless...

It seems more than a bit cheeky to me. My fourth did his GCSEs last year and is dong his AS's this year. I have never been asked for or even paid a fee. Is it legal? :eek:

Maggs

Blooming 'eck, what a cheek. I've just checked the booklet Becky brought home, and there's a form to fill in to say whether she wants them sent home or if someone is going to collect them (if she can't pick them up herself). Nothing about admin fees or even an SAE

Thankfully, there's no school trip and her prom ticket was only 20 quid

Do you know, I wouldn't be at all surprised given that she's also received a letter asking for a £1 contribution to a present for their head of year as an 'end of year' gift. There's 180 students in her year, if they all give £1 that's some gift :rolleyes:

That's also on top of the £1 she needs for her tutor's 'end of year gift', the £15 for the yearbook, the £30 for the Prom ticket, £22 for the end of year trip to Thorpe Park - the list is endless...

:scared1:
Leaving school was never this expensive in my day. I don't like the idea of being asked for a voluntary contribution for 'end of year gifts'. I wouldn't like to be the recipient of one either - it doesn't seem right. Our sixth form have also ordered school leavers' hoodies at £25 a throw.

We were invited to the Leavers' Ball so that they had staff members there to 'police' things and also the venue had stipulated this as part of the conditions of booking. Inside the 'invitation' was the details of how to pay for our £26 tickets...

My DD sat her GCSE's last year and we didn't have to pay any fees admin or otherwise and to ask for contributions for end of year gifts is just downright cheeky :eek:

Just had to fill in a form saying whether they would be picked up or not. DS not happy about going into school during the hols but I told him he would be going as I didn't want them to go missing in the post. Bloomin' cheek asking for all that money from you.

Just to add Good Luck to teenagers and parents going through the exams at the moment. DS was pleased with his performance in the maths one this afternoon although when he tried to explain some of the questions I quickly glazed over, put it like this I don't think I would pass it!!!

I have never heard that before my sister did A levels last year and GCSE two years ago and only had to give a stamp address envelope if you wanted them sent out.

Thats all my old school asked for

I've only ever had to pay for resits, never for the certificate. What if you don't pay? Would the school really with hold the certificate and risk their ex-pupil's chance at getting a job or university place?

£2 is not a lot but this would make me really cross.

Nope I never had to pay anything. Donations for end of year presents what a cheek!

I've only ever had to pay for resits, never for the certificate. What if you don't pay? Would the school really with hold the certificate and risk their ex-pupil's chance at getting a job or university place?

£2 is not a lot but this would make me really cross.

I suppose I will find out soon enough Libby as I've written a letter telling them that I have no intention of paying unless they can justify the admin costs that the £2 will cover ;)

I agree with others while the amount is insignificant this appears just to be the start of charging for items that you would expect rightly to be provided.
Tell them you are not paying :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me if they have had to pay an administration fee to the school in order to get their child's exam results and/or certificates.

The reason I am asking is that DD's school has sent home a form asking whether she will be collecting her results in person or wants them posted. The form mentions an admin charge of £2 which I assumed was to cover postage if you couldn't collect them in person. She has filled the form in to say she will collect and her tutor has told her she still has to pay the £2 admin fee. Just wondered if anyone else has had this/can shed some light on what 'admin' could possibly be involved :confused3
How bizarre! DS won't be collecting his results on the day but they'll be emailed initially and he'll get written confirmation in the post - no charge... Admin fee for what exactly...? :confused3

We were only requested to pay postage costs if we could not collect the results in person for GCSEs, AS and A2 levels.

I think the school has a cheek asking for money for a present for the Head it should be voluntary and at what level the parent wants.

thorpe park was 25 for us!!
they also charge 2 admin at ds school.

No admin charge at my son's school.

Also their leaver hoodies (with all their names on in the shape of "09") was only £11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter