Parasailing... is it worth it?

Is parasailing worth the time?

• Yes, absolutely!

• No, don't waste your time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nblake05

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of going parasailing on our next visit. But I've read that you can be out in the boat for hours. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth that much of our time. We went skydiving :scared1: earlier this year, so I can't imagine it would be more thrilling than that... but I've never been parasailing... so I don't know. If we rent the speedboats instead, at least then we control how long we're out. I just can't decide... any thoughts:confused:

This is one of our families best memories from Disney. We went the day before Thanksgiving 2003 and had a blast. It was DH, DD 16, DD 9, myself and a father with his son. My 16 year old went solo and DH and my 9 year old went together. To this day they still talk about the amazing views and how they could see everything. We really lucked out with the weather it was sunny and in the low 80's.

We were out maybe 2 hours total but well worth it and the boat ride was enjoyable too. We did plan this on a non park day and this was during a 2 week stay.

Only you can decide what's going to work best for you and your family. If you have the time it truly is a great experience to see Disney from a whole new perspective.

I'm the vote for no. We have never done this at WDW but have done it at the beach, the first part was fun, going up in the air when they let the line out, once up there, it's really nothing special, if they let you do a "Free fall" with the line slack and just floating down with the shoot that was fun too. The middle was just...eah... I felt this way when I did it years ago and my son 16y/o felt the same way at the beach just last year. I know the boat we went out on had 6ppl all doing it and so we had to wait thru everyones ride to be finished.

We have been several times and never has it required more than 1.5 hours at the most. We find it quite fun and an enjoyable rec. activity but we also like the guided fishing and waterskiing as well as the personal watercraft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter