Parasailing information

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
I've been curious about this activity so I called today and got some information.

To make a reservation call 407-939-7529. Choose option 4, they will transfer you to Sammy DuVal's Water Sports.

The cost is $75 for a single flight and $115 for a tandem flight. So going parasailing with a "pal" sounds like the most economical way to go.

The entire experience will take about 1/2 hour and you are in the air 8-10 minutes. If all goes according to plan you won't get wet :)

The parasailing expeditions begin at the Contemporary marina and while they don't <b>require</b> reservations, to be sure you will get a spot, it's best to make one, especially during the warmer months.

You need to arrive at the marina about 15 minutes before your "flight".

Sounds like fun, huh? I think I'd like to do this some day.

Katholyn

I've done it before at Daytona Beach but not at Disney. It was great! I'd sure do it again. I didn't even realize they had that at CR. Thanks for the info.

I've heard that you go up 600 ft. That's about the same height as the Space Needle in Seattle or the Arch in St Louis. :eek: Still I've done a milder version of it before, so might give it a go! I've posted on the tips board asking for info, so if anyone's got information, could you e-mail me or post on the boards! Thanks!

John :bounce:

I found this thread on a link from the Resort Board, and was wondering if their was an age limit, becasue this sounds fun...

Brad, I'm not ignoring your question, but Sammy DuVal's has been closed for winter renovation and won't open again until 1/22. I'll call back then and see if there is a minimum age.

I believe I read a trip report by Cleo, however, that said her 7 year old son did this, so the minimum age for parasailing is quite young.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Has anyone actually done this at WDW?! I would love to hear what the view is like. I imagine at that height that you can really see down into the MK. You think?

I went parasailing in Daytona a couple years ago. I was terrified, but boy was it fun! The scenery was beautiful. I would love to try it at WDW and be looking over at the MK. Maybe next trip...

I'd love to try it someday (tandem-I'm too chicken for a solo flight). I believe there is also an AP and DVC discount.

I'd love to see the view too, but I've been scared of parasailling ever since the mother and daughter died right here in Florida. Anyone that was scared of parasailing ever go?

The parasailing experience itself was great. The attitude we got from the staff at Sammy Duval Watersports was horrible. I should mention that we stayed at the Contemporary and went through the front desk to make our reservations. We tried to call Sammy's directly but the Contemporary could not get our phone to work properly. (for 3 straight days) We were on the Discovery Magic Plan and were told that each flight costs 1 magical wish so we booked 3 solo flights. When we got to the water sports desk, we learned that it cost 1 magical wish per person but was only valid for tandem flights. We were travelling as three adults so we had three choices. One of us could not go, one of us had to use two wishes and go twice, or just cancel. We politely decided to cancel. While all this was going on, the driver and spotter of the boat were lounging around their shack doing absolutely nothing but complaining about how much money they would be losing by giving us solo flights and that the Contemporary gave us the wrong information. We checked later and they were right about the tandem flights. We never even asked them to give us all solo flights. We just said, okay there must have been some mistake and walked away. We were really fine with not doing the parasailing since we were going on the Disney Cruise in a few days and figured we could just go in the Bahamas. Not to mention the fact that they were just sitting around doing nothing anyway and making no money. So one guy got up and said they would give us the solo flights for one wish each. It sounded like a good idea so we went for it. BIG MISTAKE!!! The attitude just kept getting bigger and bigger. I think we each spent two to three minutes in the air. My friend and I own a boat and were asking some simple questions about rigging up a simple parasail unit on our boat. All we got is....well do you know how much this boat is worth....not just any boat can pull a parasail. Not trying to brag but our boat is much nicer and much more powerful than theirs.....not that they ever asked. When we were done about 15 minutes later they brought us back to the dock. THey did not say a word to us. Just got off the boat and went back to their little happy place in their shack. We definitely should have walked away. They made all of us feel like stupid tourists taking up their precious shack time. I will never ever do parasailing through their company again. I have to admit that the views were spectacular....but we had to look quick before the ride was over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter