Paradise Pier Superthread

....actually, we have ressies for PPH but are considering switching to DLH...

....actually, we have ressies for PPH but are considering switching to DLH...
We usually stay at DLH, but when I priced everything out and compared....it's a $600 difference between DLH and PPH. Looking at images online and video tours, my assumption is that the DLH rooms appear to be more higher end compared to the Paradise Pier rooms. I know that the DLH Pool is way better. I like the restaurant options at DLH compared to PPH, but you can wander over there to eat if one prefers.

But the question is whether the higher end room and pool is worth the price difference. For me, I will ( for this time ) go for PPH since we haven't stayed there before.

We’ve booked PPH for our September trip. It was kind of a last minute idea and I just couldn’t swing the cost of DLH like last time. Honestly we’re just going to be thankful we have EMH. I am a little worried about the walk. Considering renting a stroller for my six year old just for the walks to and from. Her little legs are going to give out when she’s tired. Would love to hear any recent experiences or tips!

We’ve booked PPH for our September trip. It was kind of a last minute idea and I just couldn’t swing the cost of DLH like last time. Honestly we’re just going to be thankful we have EMH. I am a little worried about the walk. Considering renting a stroller for my six year old just for the walks to and from. Her little legs are going to give out when she’s tired. Would love to hear any recent experiences or tips!

We’ve stayed at PPH with 5 year old twins and did 10 days in the parks pretty much open to close, and they coped perfectly with the walking to and from. Obviously depends on the child but I couldn’t be bothered with a stroller. Have an amazing trip!!!

PPH is really only about 2 mins further each way. My grandson is turning 4, and walks it from the DLH. My granddaughter was out of the stroller by 3. It really depends on the kid.

Thank you both for your responses! She is a trooper while in the parks and running on dole whip and ride adrenaline, but once her legs hit the concrete outside the gates it's like her body just knows. Stinker! :) When she was smaller I was happy to push her around or even carry her. Maybe we'll try without for a day or two and then see how she does.

We have done PPH multiple times, and actually really like it... if you don’t plan on the pool. I personally think the pool area is too small, not enough chairs, and is pretty meh. But the theme park view rooms are amazing. Last stay we did standard view and got a peek a boo pool view. But we were doing a quickie trip, and it was fine honestly. The rooms are light and bright. The newly revamped cafe downstairs is pretty great actually. We got a quick lunch there one day. And we love the character breakfast at PPH. DLH may save you about a 2 minute walk, but it depends on what tower you are in. The pool area is pretty amazing tho. It all comes down to how much you think early entry is worth to you and a light up head board... for me, it hasn’t been really worth the couple hundred a night difference.

Recent reviews aren't needed. The walk is the way the walk was ALWAYS signed. Out the side/back, towards DLH, along DLH, into DTD and through.

On our very first PPH trip we either over or under thought it, and missed the shortcut. Following the signs then, which is the same walk now, was .63 mile. Going through the Grand was .42.

She is a trooper while in the parks and running on dole whip and ride adrenaline, but once her legs hit the concrete outside the gates it's like her body just knows.

You leave the park, hit DTD, go along DLH, and it's just the shortest little time between DLH and PPH. it's not like you're out on Harbor (which actually has its own prettiness at dusk).

Recent reviews aren't needed. The walk is the way the walk was ALWAYS signed. Out the side/back, towards DLH, along DLH, into DTD and through.

On our very first PPH trip we either over or under thought it, and missed the shortcut. Following the signs then, which is the same walk now, was .63 mile. Going through the Grand was .42.

You leave the park, hit DTD, go along DLH, and it's just the shortest little time between DLH and PPH. it's not like you're out on Harbor (which actually has its own prettiness at dusk).

Sorry, I should have clarified my question better. I didn’t mean reviews on just the walk necessarily, though I did appreciate others chiming in as we’ve never done it. But I’d also love to hear recent experiences staying there in general. Most of the posts about stays in this thread were much older.

Last edited:
Just got back from a stay at PPH, first time there and I loved it. Walking distance wasn't terrible and we chose to stay club level and really thought we got our moneys worth for it.

When you leave the parks, you can cut through the Grand Californian Hotel to get back to the Paradise Pier Hotel. It does save you some steps.

Would it be weird to get an Uber/Lyft to PPH? I am traveling with someone that struggles to walk long distances by the end of the night.

The walk to the Uber pickup would be almost as far as the PPH. If they have a major issue walking the last 2000' back to the hotel, maybe a scooter will be in order?

We'll be staying there next month. I haven't stayed onsite in years because we don't fit in a standard room anymore, but we wanted to give our little kids the chance to stay onsite like their big brother. We're in the odd group that actually prefer PPH over DLH. DLH feels too dark. It's very nice and has a great pool, but we like the more beachy, laid back feel at PPH. Staying in a 1BR suite this time since we're a family of 6. Does anyone have tips for room requests or an idea of where most the suites are located in the hotel? In the past, we've always had a theme park view. Is that possible with the suites?

We just booked Paradise Pier for next month; I've stayed at Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian in the past, so I thought we'd try out somewhere new on this trip (it was also an awful lot cheaper than the other two!) I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old with me, we travel a lot so they're used to a lot of walking, but looking at the distance from the hotel to the parks we'll probably bring a stroller just in case.

Does anyone happen to know if there is anywhere at the hotel to buy things like small packs of cereal, milk, juice, etc? I'm trying to figure out options for us to have breakfast in the room before we head out for the day.

We just booked Paradise Pier for next month; I've stayed at Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian in the past, so I thought we'd try out somewhere new on this trip (it was also an awful lot cheaper than the other two!) I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old with me, we travel a lot so they're used to a lot of walking, but looking at the distance from the hotel to the parks we'll probably bring a stroller just in case.

Does anyone happen to know if there is anywhere at the hotel to buy things like small packs of cereal, milk, juice, etc? I'm trying to figure out options for us to have breakfast in the room before we head out for the day.

The walk distance between DLH-parks and PPH-parks is minimal. If you use the back entrance of PPH, you're almost at the back of the DLH (Frontier Tower) area. Also, on the way back from the parks, use the Monorail if it's convenient. It cuts down a major portion of the walking!

There is a store in the lobby which sells some food items. Do check on the hours though, as I recall it might close early. So if you're looking to grab stuff for the next morning upon your return from the parks, it might be too late.

As the PP said, there is a small store, but not sure on the current inventory.

If you get there and decide it doesn't have what you need we've had good success with Amazon Prime Now to deliver some things for our room. You can get a delivery in as little as 2 hours. If you already have a Prime membership delivery is free for orders $35 and up (I believe it's $5 if not). People also seem to like Vons, but I haven't ordered from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!