Paradise Pier Standard View Rooms Help

LeeHarman

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

We have just booked our first ever Disneyland California holiday & we will be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

Please could anyone be so kind as to pass on their expert knowledge, as to what floor and / or any sequence of room numbers that are the best for us to try and request, to be able to get a theme park view (if that is possible from a standard view room!?)

If not what are the best possible views from a standard view room?

Thank you so much in advance for your help in this matter.

Best wishes
Lee

Please could anyone be so kind as to pass on their expert knowledge, as to what floor and / or any sequence of room numbers that are the best for us to try and request, to be able to get a theme park view (if that is possible from a standard view room!?)

If not what are the best possible views from a standard view room?
Most of the standard view rooms at Paradise Pier either face the back side of the hotel (parking lot) or are on the lower 2-3 floors. All you can really do is ask for a park facing room.

I booked a standard view room when we stayed there almost 5 years ago, but I made it known it was our anniversary and they gave us a room on the 3rd floor facing CA. I second that you should ask for a park facing room, but know that it's not a sure thing and I'd guess it may not be high up, floorwise. It never hurts to ask.

At PPH more or less of 50% of the rooms face the park, 50% face away (standard view)

I do know that the sell way more "standard" rooms in that room block than they have available as standard rooms, so upgrades to a view room are quite common.

Now, if you want a park view, you will need to book that in advance. Paying the cheaper rate than making a request ahead of time is unlikely to result in an upgrade.

Your best bet is to arrive early and see if the front desk can work any "magic" if you have not already been assigned a view room.

At PPH more or less of 50% of the rooms face the park, 50% face away (standard view)
In addition to the rooms facing the parking area being classified "standard", I believe the lower either 5 or 6 floors facing the park are classified Standard due to being unable to see the park (you see the Grand and fences.)

I do know that the sell way more "standard" rooms in that room block than they have available as standard rooms, so upgrades to a view room are quite common.

Now, if you want a park view, you will need to book that in advance. Paying the cheaper rate than making a request ahead of time is unlikely to result in an upgrade.

Your best bet is to arrive early and see if the front desk can work any "magic" if you have not already been assigned a view room.
I agree with this! We stayed for our first time ever at PPH & I had booked 2 standard rooms for 2 nights to be connecting & checked in super early at like 6:30am a few weeks ago on a Thursday & we were upgraded to premium views connecting on the 7th floor!!! It really made our stay so magical & my 6 kids were thrilled! :) The views were great!

I don’t know if there is really a trick to getting a free upgrade. Sometimes they say it’s all about timing and when you check in. I’ve never noticed anything consistent. Many times, we just get park facing on one of the lower floors.

I have heard that you do have a better chance if you book directly. (Versus Expedia or something similar)

I don’t know if there is really a trick to getting a free upgrade. Sometimes they say it’s all about timing and when you check in. I’ve never noticed anything consistent. Many times, we just get park facing on one of the lower floors.

I have heard that you do have a better chance if you book directly. (Versus Expedia or something similar)
I have heard this too that booking directly is best for those hoping for upgrades but we booked one room through Orbitz & the other was free from a contest so I know we really received a lot of pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter