Paradise Pier Hotel - Napa Rose - Storytellers Cafe Reopening

GCH had to open due to the DVC clients.
DVC had planned to reopen on the 2nd of May prior to the Grand deciding to reopen. And when the GCH DVC was going to reopen December 6th 2020, they had the lobby and rooms decorated for Christmas, and had noted that amenities such as the pool and restaurants would not be available as the hotel was not open.

No, GCH opened (limited) because DL/DCA opened. The DVC side is independent of GCH, and was going to open back in December, but CA shot it down with the announcement of the colored tier system.
Interesting. I always thought they shared the main areas of the property. I didn't realize there was a separate area. Something to explore next time I cut through from downtown Disney.

Interesting. I always thought they shared the main areas of the property. I didn't realize there was a separate area. Something to explore next time I cut through from downtown Disney.
Well, the Villas are physically attached, but managed separately. DVC member dues pay to maintain that wing and DVC pays money to the Grand Californian to pay for the percentage of the amenities at the resort that DVC members use (number is made up, but things like “15% of the cost to maintain and staff the pools.”). When it was just going to be the Villas, very little at the resort would have opened. You could have literally had a situation where only 1 pool was available and no dining. Because the hotel-proper is open, Villas guests get to enjoy many more amenities at the Hotel now (with even more coming on line in the weeks ahead).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter