Parades at DLR

december

DIS Veteran
I'll be at DL for the first time in 11 days! I have my Fireworks/Fantasmic plan down from this board - watch fireworks from near train station, hop on train, get off at NOS, head to Fantasmic!

But I have no idea where to watch the parades? Saturday May 24 we arrive in CA at 1:29, and I'm hoping to be in the parks by 4 and spend some time on TSI letting the kids play and explore. From another thread, I'm assuming TSI closes at 5:30, and the pre-parade is at 6:10. Where should we head to watch the parade? And would it work to get some food and eat while we watch?

Any suggestions on where to watch the other parades?

I'm not sure about the parade, but follow the Hydroguy rule of watching the fireworks the very first night it's available to you. And after they are cancelled, try again the next night, and the next night...etc. We were there last week and both Saturday and Sunday nights (our only available nights) were cancelled due to wind. Waaaah! I hope you have better luck!

That's what I'm afraid of! So we plan to watch the parade, the fireworks, and Fantasmic on the 1st night. We'll try again on the 2nd, but I don't even think they are offered after that while we are there! I'm hoping for the best....

Yeah, the CM we were visiting with on the second night right before they were cancelled (we waited an hour the first night and got smart and waited only about 5 minutes the second night, LOL) said that between Christmas and New Year's they had to cancel it EVERY night. I watched the flags on the castle...if they are moving AT ALL there is a good chance the show will not proceed. If it's even breezy at the ground level then you can expect the winds at 6,000 feet to be not good. They also watch the Fantasmic fireworks, if they shoot them off and they move (!!!) then there is next to no chance that the fireworks will happen.

A tip, if you do happen to be in the hub and they cancel, for some reason the CMs get the word before the official announcement that they are cancelled. Try to catch wind of this (pun intended!) and then you can make a break for it before the throng of grumbling people all start to move at once. They will converse and start to remove the ropes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter