Pandemonium & Pixie Dust – The Highs and Lows of a hectic November 2019 TR - Update 11/27 Travel Day

Take me! Take me!

Wait... do I have to pay?

Well I mean a gentleman always pays doesn't he?....

Just slightly quicker than your last trip.

Just a teensy bit shorter :rotfl:

How hard was it to type that instead of 0?

Actually weather conversions has been one of the easiest changes because if I use Celsius everyone thinks I'm crazy! I'm not an expert yet but I can roughly convert back and forth between the two now without having to break out a calculator.

This place is on my list of places to try. I've done In-N-Out and now want to try that one.
They are good - I just wouldn't recommend an airport version :lmao:

I always make sure to download things to watch now. I haven't used the inflight entertainment in a long time.

I had a few things but then it was like I don't really want to watch any of those - I was looking forward to crappy inflight movies!

I think in some ways, waiting for your bag is easier on the nerves than trusting it to DME. (Yes I know you weren't going to WDW yet. Just an observation.)

True. But I'll foreshadow slightly and say waiting is not fun in all instances....

I live local, so come on down and we'll head over.

Right now that is a seriously tempting offer!

Joining in!

Welcome - and sorry for the delay in updating - it's coming shortly!

Ugh, I HATE arriving so late, but have definitely been in that boat before. Glad you had the experience of a little pixie dust at least!

I'll definitely be planning on an early flight next time - even if I have to use a few extra hours of leave at work!

Well I mean a gentleman always pays doesn't he?....
I'm all for equality.
Especially when it saves me cash.
Just a teensy bit shorter :rotfl:
;)
Actually weather conversions has been one of the easiest changes because if I use Celsius everyone thinks I'm crazy! I'm not an expert yet but I can roughly convert back and forth between the two now without having to break out a calculator.
Subtract 30, divide by 2.
They are good - I just wouldn't recommend an airport version :lmao:
No, I suppose not. :)
I had a few things but then it was like I don't really want to watch any of those - I was looking forward to crappy inflight movies!
:laughing: Never thought I'd hear that.
True. But I'll foreshadow slightly and say waiting is not fun in all instances....
Uh, oh...

Chapter 2 – Lines, Lines Everywhere!

So, after finally falling asleep at around 3:15am, I was awake again at 8:30. My first day in Orlando was going to be one on little sleep! I had a few things planned for the day – I was going to brave the crowds at the outlets (apparently things have changed drastically since my last visit), visit a new to me ‘theme’ park and then spend the afternoon at Universal.

I had packed some light breakfasts, so I ate a cinnamon roll in my room before taking a shower and getting ready for the day. Before long it was time to leave – I headed downstairs and called an uber to take me to the Outlets on I-Drive. It took about 7 minutes to get there and I arrived at 9:45. But Jess you say don’t the outlets open at 10? Why yes smart reader you would be correct. The stores do open at 10. But apparently you need to arrive super early for the best stuff at the Disney store due to bloggers and resellers who rush in and scoop up all the good things.

So, I headed from the carpark to the back of the outlets where the Disney store is locates and saw this. Yep – Disney has lines even at the outlets. Thankfully it was only 20 or so people in front of me and by the time the store opened 15 minutes later the line behind me had only grown.

Once we were let in I tried to be methodical and work my way around the store – but I saw the Christmas section off to the side and I knew that’s where I had to go first. Christmas and Disney are two of my favourite things. I managed to pick up three ornaments, a small world, enchanted tiki room and light-up tinker-bell Mickey (at $4.99, $4.99 and $7.99 respectively) much cheaper than the $25+ they were asking in the parks and online. I also picked up some tea-towels and a Christmas apron and my favourite score – they had one pack of Christmas side plates – these were $49.99 but I got them for $15!

With Christmas done I made my way around to look at actual everyday Disney gear – I had hoped to get a dress but the only adult design they had was the dog print and bubble-gum pink with dogs is not quite my color. They did have some Halloween items behind the counter which you could pick up in limited numbers including the candy corn lounge fly bags and the spirit jerseys. I did pick up one of those – in the parks the jerseys are $65 but I paid $16.99 for the hocus pocus one (and thankfully the date is tiny on this one so it will be easy to wear every Halloween).

I also picked up a Jessica Rabbit shirt for $9.99 (how could I not – it had my name on it) and the cutest baby gift set in a small world design which was $50 down to $19.99. My favourite item I picked up was my small world baseball cap for $7.99 (I saw it in park later that week for $25!).

Oh, and an impulse purchase of a 2019 light up necklace for $2.99 while in line to checkout. I was in the line to check out by 10:15 and out the door by 10:20 - $120 poorer but with a huge bag of things to try and fit in my luggage!

I headed out and called a Lyft and was back at Endless Summer by 10:45. I ran to my room and put on my swimsuit and was back down at the bus stop by 11:00. Where was I headed in my swimsuit? Stay tuned and find out next time!

So, after finally falling asleep at around 3:15am, I was awake again at 8:30.
You're vacationing wrong... it's starting to sound too much like... me.
But Jess you say don’t the outlets open at 10? Why yes smart reader you would be correct.
No I don't say.
1. I'd probably call you Jessica unless you corrected me and told me not to. We haven't met yet (I said yet), so wouldn't presume.
2. Had no idea what time they open.
But apparently you need to arrive super early for the best stuff at the Disney store due to bloggers and resellers who rush in and scoop up all the good things.
Huh. I had no idea.
Christmas and Disney are two of my favourite things.
Add in Halloween and we're on the same page. ::yes::
I also picked up a Jessica Rabbit shirt for $9.99 (how could I not – it had my name on it)
Really! Any relation to Eddie Rabbitt? Do you love rainy nights too?
I ran to my room and put on my swimsuit and was back down at the bus stop by 11:00.
I'm not sure who told you, but... you don't need to be in a swimsuit to ride the busses.

Why yes smart reader you would be correct. The stores do open at 10. But apparently you need to arrive super early for the best stuff at the Disney store due to bloggers and resellers who rush in and scoop up all the good things
I've been to the outlet store several times, but I was unaware of this. Which outlet store? There are 2.

Yep – Disney has lines even at the outlets.
:sad2:

I also picked up some tea-towels
Do you have a picture? Might be the same ones I picked up. Seems the last time I was at the outlet was late October or early November, so very possible.

I like this one the best. I could even get two and paint one black & white so it looks like a penguin. Love penguins.

I also picked up a Jessica Rabbit shirt for $9.99 (how could I not – it had my name on it)
Does that mean you're not bad, you're just drawn that way?

$120 poorer but with a huge bag of things to try and fit in my luggage!
Yep, can spend a lot of money quickly there....even with good prices.

Where was I headed in my swimsuit?
Since you said you went to the bus stop, only two logical choices...
Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. I seem to recall one was down for refurb in November, but I can't remember which one.

We've only ever gone to the outlet once, and we sadly didn't find anything too exciting at the time. There is an "outlet" near our house, but they don't have anything from the Disney Parks usually, so it's not nearly as fun as the ones in Orlando!

I'm going to guess Volcano Bay was up next on your plan?!

I was going to brave the crowds at the outlets (apparently things have changed drastically since my last visit),

It's become insane!! We've gone to the outlets for years and you could always just walk in. It's so frustrating now!

But apparently you need to arrive super early for the best stuff at the Disney store due to bloggers and resellers who rush in and scoop up all the good things.

:( :( You got a lot of good stuff though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter