Palo - Would you recommend Palo brunch and high tea

nyjoet

Earning My Ears
Looking for info about Palo brunch and high tea - would you recommend? Please describe your experience.....thank you

I would not hesitate to recommend brunch - the food selection is amazing and tastes great. The buffets (including seafood and dessert) and the hot made to order flatbread pizza appetizers and then the hot entrees - eggs benedict, eggs florentine to name a few, simply wonderful.

I was not impressed with high tea - the food was nothing special and completely unmemorable for me. I have done it twice and still don't remember what the food offerings were except for some finger sandwiches.

I would not hesitate to recommend brunch - the food selection is amazing and tastes great. The buffets (including seafood and dessert) and the hot made to order flatbread pizza appetizers and then the hot entrees - eggs benedict, eggs florentine to name a few, simply wonderful.

I was not impressed with high tea - the food was nothing special and completely unmemorable for me. I have done it twice and still don't remember what the food offerings were except for some finger sandwiches.
Same. Brunch is great. Did High Tea once...wouldn't do it again.

I'll be the first to recommend both:goodvibes For $5 a person I thought the tea was really neat! My DH went with me and he really enjoyed the little sandwiches and desserts that were served. My best friend is going on her very first cruise ever with me in November and I plan on taking her to tea:thumbsup2 I think you should give it a try and decide for your self:goodvibes As for brunch.......I LOVE LOVE LOVE brunch and make it a point to do it on every cruise! Try them both and don't forget about dinner too!:lmao: Have a wonderful cruise!:cool1:

I absolutely LOVED the brunch. Everything was so delicious, and very nicely displayed. Fantastic experience. Very very enjoyable. I'm not sure if you have seen any pictures, but there are some trip reports that have great pictures of the brunch. I plan on doing it again on our next cruise. I would also like to try the High Tea next time. Dinner, on the other hand, I was not very impressed with. I think mainly because our server was not very good at all. And we missed our dining room servers.

well, we seem to be always the only dissenters in these threads. Our family has tried brunch twice (figuring everyone else loves it so much we must have just hit a bad day the first time)--and we really dislike it.
It was loud, service was snotty, the food was mediocre. Overall felt like a total waste of our morning.

Tea, on the other hand, I just love. it is calm and relaxing, the tea is very good and the little sandwhiches and deserts do taste good. I try to have tea on every cruise.

I did both and here are my thoughts.

Brunch - very good (I personally still prefer dinner but my husband loved brunch)

High Tea - it was nice but not amazing. Now I don't actually drink tea which probably didn't help but my husband does! If you have time to kill and are happy to pay the charge for a nice relaxing time sitting in Palo enjoying the views and having an enjoyable sandwich, cake, trifle etc... then go for it but it wouldn't make my "Must Do" list.

Mel
x

Ditto the tea to me was a one time thing. If you have never done it, you can try it but if you have to choose either or....brunch by a mile

I have read that the price of brunch & dinner is going up to $20. The price of high tea is going up to $10.

Hi,

We have enjoyed both. I'm not a huge seafood fan but my wife is so she LOVED the brunch. We both enjoy the high tea for a nice sea day mid-day break.

Regs,

Chad J.

Yes, yes, yes, I wholeheartedly recommend the brunch.

Want to hear something sad? During our brunch, I was soooooo full that I did not even make it to the dessert table!

Brunch was FANTASTIC - we had the same server from dinner and he was great. I've done some really nice brunches and this was right up there with the best.

Haven't done the high tea, not my cup of, you know :rotfl:

Have had this several times get stuffed everything delicious and the service is amazing would not miss book right away. We go do this as soon as we board so we do not miss out.

Unless the prices have already been raised brunch was $15 pp and tea was $5 pp. I hope they don't raise them, but even if they do, I will still go:goodvibes It's the atmosphere that makes it special for us, no screaming kids;) The food is just a bonus:rotfl2:

We did both and enjoyed both, but we also did them with friends (6 of us at brunch and 8 at tea) and I think that made these events especially enjoyable.

Brunch has way too much intriguing foods to even try and just sample, let alone try and eat in any quantity. I just ate small mouthfuls and I was still stuffed when dinner rolled around at 8pm.

Food at tea is less exciting but still very good. A variety of small sandwiches, scones with Devon cream and jam, and desserts were offered, as well as a selection of teas. Several of us were familiar with high tea in the UK so we particularly enjoyed the scones. In fact, next time I plan to skip the sandwiches and desserts and just eat my fill of scones. If you have high tea and an early dinner time you may want to skip dinner! Tea was only $5/person and I thought it more than worth it, but then I enjoy having tea when I'm in the UK.

We did both and enjoyed both, but we also did them with friends (6 of us at brunch and 8 at tea) and I think that made these events especially enjoyable.

Brunch has way too much intriguing foods to even try and just sample, let alone try and eat in any quantity. I just ate small mouthfuls and I was still stuffed when dinner rolled around at 8pm.

Food at tea is less exciting but still very good. A variety of small sandwiches, scones with Devon cream and jam, and desserts were offered, as well as a selection of teas. Several of us were familiar with high tea in the UK so we particularly enjoyed the scones. In fact, next time I plan to skip the sandwiches and desserts and just eat my fill of scones. If you have high tea and an early dinner time you may want to skip dinner! Tea was only $5/person and I thought it more than worth it, but then I enjoy having tea when I'm in the UK.

So glad to hear about the scones - yum! We have early show/early dining on the dream, hope we can fit a high tea in before the early show! :thumbsup2

Agree 100%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter